Anyone up for another So Cal HS meet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AEM cold air with the carb thingy i even told him. DC header with the metal TAB and EO# and the apex n1 witch i have the slincer for but its not in. Do i have to go hunt factory parts down or with they really really realy pass me? i only wanna go through it once.

The cop made a point about entering the ticket in the PC asap. As far as i could understand so that if i get pulled over that they will see and just tow no matter what.

Were still gonna BBQ, just got give me some time to get this crap outa the way

ps. thanks for the support dude

Also i whent to the first court date a lil while ago. they were out of like tickets or something to get in court so i got an extension. :unsure: what ever

LOL its a side show and a half to be inline to speak to the clerk :huh: all the poor ass holes who get caught in one lil area :D

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Aug 17 2004, 09:45 AM
yeah thats cool, let me know whenyou go, i might cruise on out there, I wanna see what the beast puts down, and I want another copy of my dyno sheets hahaha
[post=378030]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me know when you go as well MIke I am always down to meet and I also want to see what your car puts down.

Originally posted by UDT@Aug 17 2004, 10:57 AM
AEM cold air with the carb thingy i even told him. DC header with the metal TAB and EO# and the apex n1 witch i have the slincer for but its not in. Do i have to go hunt factory parts down or with they really really realy pass me? i only wanna go through it once.

The cop made a point about entering the ticket in the PC asap. As far as i could understand so that if i get pulled over that they will see and just tow no matter what.

Were still gonna BBQ, just got give me some time to get this crap outa the way

ps. thanks for the support dude

Also i whent to the first court date a lil while ago. they were out of like tickets or something to get in court so i got an extension. :unsure: what ever

LOL its a side show and a half to be inline to speak to the clerk :huh: all the poor ass holes who get caught in one lil area :D
[post=378039]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't pass with the intake, exhaust and header Jeff, but if you're that worried about it, see if you can find a stock airbox and put your stock header back on.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Aug 17 2004, 10:59 AM-->
@Aug 17 2004, 09:45 AM
yeah thats cool, let me know whenyou go, i might cruise on out there, I wanna see what the beast puts down, and I want another copy of my dyno sheets hahaha
[post=378030]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me know when you go as well MIke I am always down to meet and I also want to see what your car puts down.
[post=378042]Quoted post[/post]​

Jonathan and Mike

Yeah I'd be nice to have you guys come down to the dyno tuning session, as soon as I make an appointment to go down I'll let you guys know. I'm still a little worried about driving on a base map. Do tuners also do hondata installations or did you have to do it yourself Mike? My friend with the soldering iron is kinda lagging....again, I understand though he has work all day and when he gets home hes tired.

hey, i haven't been on the boards for a while... but i'd be down for a meet. how 'bout k-1 speed in carlsbad, ca... northern san diego county. it's an indoor cart track... it's fun as fuck, i went for the first time yesterday. it's a real cool place too... they've got an f1 car, skyline, rwd drag focus, evo8... check out the website at http://www.k1speed.com/ reply to this thread if you're interested... it would be a great place for a meet.

yeah indoor kart track rock! Mike, yeah I think you mentioned going to Churchs to dyno, Shawn doesn't install anything, he just tunes part time, (i think he teaches at peperdine) he just got a bay and a dyno (and a nice s2), what to you need installed, the basemap chip/ ECU socketed, or just the interface box? There is a shop RIGHT in front of Churchs that retails the hondata and they can install it the same day you go, yeah im gonna talk to a friend and see if the shop (Rage) has the hondata program setup, if so I would DEFINITLY encourage you to have him tune your setup, hes fucking AMAZING with wiring and fuel management

That k1 speed indoor cart looks pretty fun, I'd be down to go.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Aug 18 2004, 12:03 AM
yeah indoor kart track rock! Mike, yeah I think you mentioned going to Churchs to dyno, Shawn doesn't install anything, he just tunes part time, (i think he teaches at peperdine) he just got a bay and a dyno (and a nice s2), what to you need installed, the basemap chip/ ECU socketed, or just the interface box? There is a shop RIGHT in front of Churchs that retails the hondata and they can install it the same day you go, yeah im gonna talk to a friend and see if the shop (Rage) has the hondata program setup, if so I would DEFINITLY encourage you to have him tune your setup, hes fucking AMAZING with wiring and fuel management
[post=378412]Quoted post[/post]​

I need the basemap chip/ECU socketed and interface box installed. I'd attempt to do it myself but I just don't want to mess my system up at all. I've installed VAFC's before but I don't want to risk it, I hate wiring. Are you talking about Jay at Rage? I've seen some of the cars they've tuned like the 600 or 700 whp turbo H22 hatch. Can't remember if it was 6 or 700 though.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 17 2004, 11:17 AM
hey, i haven't been on the boards for a while... but i'd be down for a meet. how 'bout k-1 speed in carlsbad, ca... northern san diego county. it's an indoor cart track... it's fun as fuck, i went for the first time yesterday. it's a real cool place too... they've got an f1 car, skyline, rwd drag focus, evo8... check out the website at http://www.k1speed.com/ reply to this thread if you're interested... it would be a great place for a meet.
[post=378092]Quoted post[/post]​

That K1 looks sick I am down to go lets try to go maybe the end of September or the beginning of October.

Not Jay, im not sure if there is a jay there, but if you mean James, then yes, yeah James freakin insane when it comes to wiring and fuel management, and yes they have 500 whp hondas, James figured out Shawn Carlsons problem with his motec system when the guys at motec gave up on it, that car made like 800hp or something rediculous, he really cares about the cars he works on and works to perfection, the night before I was going on the dyno he came over to my house at like 12:30am and did a valve adjustment for me cause I was worried about it on the dyno, one of the few I have 100% confidence in, i hope they have the hondata program now...

Edit: yeah you mean Jason, he owns the shop...

Originally posted by integraslut78+Aug 18 2004, 03:53 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Aug 17 2004, 11:17 AM
[post=378092]Quoted post[/post]​

That K1 looks sick I am down to go lets try to go maybe the end of September or the beginning of October.
[post=378739]Quoted post[/post]​

alright then, let's pick a date and time around then and stick to it... make a new thread and start signing up or whatnot... some body else pick the date though :p .

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Aug 19 2004, 12:47 AM
hey is anyone going to that big honda-tech bbq meet?
[post=379034]Quoted post[/post]​

I haven't heard anything about the meet, but I haven't been checking "meets/events" on honda-tech lately.

Anyway yeah Mike, Jay = Jason. Is James the asian guy? If he's as good as you say he is I'd be willing to go to Rage instead of Torrance since it's less of a distance to drive. Does James install hondata also? How much did you pay total for dyno time/tuning?

I doubt James, yes the asian guy, would install the hondata just because he is soo busy, but maybe if you go through the shop and they have him do it, but rage is real expensive, though you do get what you pay for and all, i think Church cost me 260 for 2hrs, something like that, he hooked it up a little bit

Have any of you guys heard anything about XS Engineering?
That is where I will be going to get my car tuned. I heard the guy that tunes there is one of the best in Cali.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Aug 19 2004, 06:13 PM
I doubt James, yes the asian guy, would install the hondata just because he is soo busy, but maybe if you go through the shop and they have him do it, but rage is real expensive, though you do get what you pay for and all, i think Church cost me 260 for 2hrs, something like that, he hooked it up a little bit
[post=379401]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll call Rage tomorrow after I get off work and find out exactly how much they'll charge to install the basemap chip, to do the ECU socketting and install the interface box. I probably won't like the answer, but I've been to rage a couple times and bought a few things, maybe Jason will recognize me and give me some kind of a deal maybe not though so I'll find out tomorrow. Thanks for the info Mike.

sorry for the ignorance... but uh... where is rage? and when are you plannin' on gettin' tuned?

Back