Bambi can burn in hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know if it's the same way, but one of my old insurance companies told me that it is better to hit the deer than it is to have an accident trying to avoid one--without hitting it they wouldn't cover anything.

I think that is right. I also have heard just by slamming on the gas instead of the brake can get you out of this situation a lot of times.

according to insurance hitting a deer is considered an act of god and they will fix the damages and it won't effect your premiums

When my dad got hit by a deer, I say 'got hit' because the deer ran at him, the insurance covered it.

When I successfully avoided a deer, and totaled a dodge neon, the insurance covered it.

A deer ran into the side of my friend's Mustang. Driving along, BAM, right into the driver side rear quarter. He damn near shat himself.

A buddy and I hit a moose in his Corolla Type S last fall. It was a cow, he stood on the breaks so we just slid into her hind legs they buckled a little and then kicked the front of the car. It mangled up his front plate a little with the kick. As we slid into it I was imagining it either flipping onto the roof and crushing us, or its ass coming through the window and kicking us to death.

yup. moose are bad... if you have no saving grace and a hit is inevitible, FOOOR IT. you kick the legs out and the faster you are going the better odds you have of having it go over the car isntead of through the windsheild.

my personal opinion at least.

yup. moose are bad... if you have no saving grace and a hit is inevitible, FOOOR IT. you kick the legs out and the faster you are going the better odds you have of having it go over the car isntead of through the windsheild.

my personal opinion at least.

I remember hearing something like that in driving school.

I've been in ohio for 18 years, and somethings telling me byron, that unless global warming causes another ice age, we don't have to worry about moose.

no, deer are a totally different ball game.

moos are MASSIVE. you could probably do a fast and furious move under them in a lowered civic. they are very leggy.

moose1.jpg

as you can see, its all legs up the the hood of the m-series benz. in a civic, you won't touch the body at all... just take its legs out

A deer ran into the side of my friend's Mustang. Driving along, BAM, right into the driver side rear quarter. He damn near shat himself.
I have seen the same thing. We were driving and saw the deer cross slowed down it almost jumped the fence then doubled back and ran head first in the side of the truck. It did not do any damage but was just amazing they are that dumb.

Mythbusters just did the "floor it to avoid death by moose" thing a little while back. They busted it. If hitting a moose is inevitable kiss your ass goodbye because youre gonna kiss his no matter what you do. you'd have to have a lot of foresight to speed up enough. with that much warning you could just stop the car.

If anyone ever ecounters a bull moose and you are about to hit it. You had better kill that son of a bitch because it will tear your car apart more than likly. And double0si is correct, Mybusters did do a show on it and they failed to flip it. It really pissed me off I didnt have my moose tag though :( The GMU we where hunting in allowed cows to be taken :(

I came about 15 feet from hitting a moose that ran in front of me on 95South in Maine. I didn't think I was going to be able to shut my old work van down that quick. Those things are freaking huge.

Back