Best Swap for a 12 second 1/4th mile car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can do it...someone posted up an ugly green k20 crx...it can be done.

unfortunately sql requires more than 3 characters to search, so k20 and crx dont show up...i dont know what to search for and i cant remember the name of the shop.

Nachogy said:
haha, you are just so great. well,what i can tell is you must be an expert :p
12s car is not easy for me ^_^

I have a friend swap a K20 in his eg6, I look at the engine and I wonder if this shit can go in a CRX? K20 is so long, I wonder how can you drop this shit in CRX? has anybody done this before?

Well, for professor, it might be possible, just we need to modify the engine bay, right? This is quote from a mechanic who says tat nothing is impossible :p

Seriously, it's not that hard. There's no magic in pulling 12s in a CRX, just money and parts selection.

reiko- 3 characters or more, not just more than 3. Searching "k20 crx" came up with this:

https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/crx-k20-34320/?highlight=k20

my parents are taking out the loan and giving it to me and i have to pay it off and personaly i dont think thats a waste of money its basicly like buying a new car. k20 is to expensive isnt aobut 11 thousand for the swap into the crx? thats what ive seen in all the sites ive gone to

icoy22 said:
my parents are taking out the loan and giving it to me and i have to pay it off and personaly i dont think thats a waste of money its basicly like buying a new car. k20 is to expensive isnt aobut 11 thousand for the swap into the crx? thats what ive seen in all the sites ive gone to

ok, that clears up a lot. you aren't stupid for taking out a loan to modify a car....your parents are stupid for taking out a loan for their 17 year old son to invest $11,000 into a car that's book value is less than $2500.

come on people, lets think about this. instead of having mom and dad buy it, wouldn't you rather just work and build it little by little. you are going to spend all this money and by the time you would have paid this off, you won't even want the car anymore.

you could get an ek with a gsr swap for less than $7,000 and have money left to turbo it. at least the car has some value at that point. this is nuts.

K20 in a CRX...carzy!
well,i totally support nick, however, to buy a car that has already done the swap is taking a risk because you don't know what the previous owner has done to that car.

icoy22 said:

It's nothing like buying a new car. a k20 into a crx is expensive. I'd just drop a b16, a nice suspension setup, and a paint job on the car if you want to maximize the value and 'newness' of your car. A k20 will give you headaches down the road.

hehehe i had this same topic about 2 weeks ago...i got a crx and im gonna work on it over the winter...im thinking b18 with turbo...new suspension and basically whole new car when im done...a b18 with a turbo will run 12's i think...or at lease i hope :D and i love the fact that ur as motivated to tune ur crx...i love it and i am glad to see that ur in my position instead of me! :p but dont do a k20 cus its got no space in the engine bay to work on it... is what i was told... so do a b16 or 18 or something...and turbo it...and then yeah ull be happy :D

rfalls86 said:
hehehe i had this same topic about 2 weeks ago...i got a crx and im gonna work on it over the winter...im thinking b18 with turbo...new suspension and basically whole new car when im done...a b18 with a turbo will run 12's i think...or at lease i hope :D and i love the fact that ur as motivated to tune ur crx...i love it and i am glad to see that ur in my position instead of me! :p but dont do a k20 cus its got no space in the engine bay to work on it... is what i was told... so do a b16 or 18 or something...and turbo it...and then yeah ull be happy :D

Hondaswap.com:educating one noob at a time....i'm sure i can speak for the rest of us, but i'm glad you see the light...

ok screw the guys who dont think i know the value of money i i work too probably just as much as you guys do. 40 hours a week im making good money to pay off the loan and im guarentied a full time job next summer making 17 an hour im no spoiled brat that doesnt know what the value of money is. Big deal its only worth about 3 grand i dont care im not going to sale it

and get nick i never said i wanted a k20 these are ideas people here threw out id rather go with b20 or h22.

this is my honda-ignorance showing lol.

but do they make a B20?! i thought the b-series stopped at B18?
i could be wrong.. im somewhat new to hondas

alright, i'll apologize for what the other guy said about the k-series. if you make $17/hr and work 40 hour a week. $520/week or so after taxes. i would personally save up for 3 weeks and just get an ls swap. then, i would save up for 4 more weeks and get a turbo kit for it.

that way instead of making $400/month payments on a motor. you are free and clear and can put that extra money into your rex. you can be into the 12's for $4000 if you do it right and shop around. be patient and don't buy anything off of ebay without asking about it here on hondaswap.

mustang67n said:
this is my honda-ignorance showing lol.

but do they make a B20?! i thought the b-series stopped at B18?
i could be wrong.. im somewhat new to hondas

there are two versions of the b20. the older b20 (b20a i think it is) came in the old preludes. the new b20b/z comes in the crv suv that honda makes. low top end but good tq. that's why people take the 2.0 block and add a high flow/revving head to it.

no right now i work somewhere else i only make about 300 a week but next year after im done with school im working at my girlfriends dads company making 17 an hour. and thats why im not scared to take out a big loan cause i konw id be able to pay it off

Back