bought a new tv for the condo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no shit.

damn, 9.99

i paid liek 50 bucks for that dvd when it came out. lol

Oh I feel ya man. I couldn't believe how advanced that DVD was when it came out and now the price is nothing.

Hahaha...man I've been staying way too damn busy. I'll be posting more often now. Finally able to catch a breath.

THat's badass, B....

I'm looking at the 50" 1080P Sony RPLCD now...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XUvMtNOB5yZ/c...=158SR50XBR#Tab

h158SR50XBR-f_MT.jpeg

50" for right at 4g's, and I'm a Sony whore, so that's who it's gotta be for me.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Hey B whats next a 4:4:4 computer monitor???????

naw, i still have a 17" crt from 1998. lol i was GOING to upgrade, but it never happened... i'll probably just hook my pc into my new tv :p it has an input for it. lol 50" hondaswap.

omg! 50" pr0n! 11!!!

Werd. My brother has a 55" HD tv downstairs hooked straight into his computer. Every now and then I'll go downstairs and get on the net from there.

55" hondaswap > 19" hondaswap

Quoted post[/post]]
Crutchfiled was running a special for a free matching stand ($300 value) with thier samsungs... and this is what i wanted anyway, so i figure i'd take the free stand now while i can get it... plus i don't have an entertainment center, so this would be needed.

Samsung HLR5078W 50" 1080P High Definition DLP TV that comes with the TR46X3SB stand.

free shipping, free stand.... 3500 out the door.

1080p owns all :p

i can't wait for hdvd discs to hit the market.... i'm considering "parting out" my dvd collection now while i can still get some money for them (kinda like how vhs tapes are worth liek 80 cents now...)

Samsung is the brand I'd go for with HD. None of the other higher priced ones I saw of other brands looked even close to as good. Pioneer and Sony are the only other brands I've seen that look good, but they're way more expensive and I've had nothing but bad experiences reliability/durability- wise with Sony products.

Nice TV dude. :)

Jody- the SXRD is bad ass... but i still think the samsung is a better picture. I saw both in a store before i picked... the sxrd looks reall smooth and has a great picture... but i just can't see the point in paying more for something that the samsung does JUST as good. I really could not tell a difference between the two. so why pay 500 bucks more?

not to mention, samsung throws in the 400 dollar stand too...

damn, you buy t.v.'s like most people buy milk and eggs...

seriously tho, congrats on a stellar purchase. i wish i was rich, not that i'm saying you're rich or you don't work hard for your money; i just wish i was rich :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
lcd's aren't even out in 1080p yet, nor are plasma's.
3060000000047808.JPG

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000480061764/
Model: TH-50PX500
Size (aspect ratio): 50 inches (16:9)
Number of Pixels: 2.07 million (1,920 horizontal x 1,080 vertical)
thats one plasma...
and a whole butt load of 1080 lcds..
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=1080p+...=ff&oi=froogler
good tv none the less :) ill stick with the 43 inch wallmouted hd plasma at 1024 x 768:)

ok, let me rephrase that.

neither sony nor samsung offer lcd or plasma in 1080p yet. :)

i saw on g4 the other day that mitsubishi has a 70" tv and i think it was sony who has a 72" now. both cost 7k

thats some massive tv's

i didnt know either.... i was bored and decided to search. I personally dont see a need for 1080. The picture quality is more than enough at 768p I guess it is all in what you are trying to acheive. The bigger the better :) How many hdmi ports does your new tv have? Also does it use a cabecard?

2 hdmi, 1 cablecard

1080p is what you should buy, because 1080i is slowly becoming outdated. and when hdvd's come out in early 2007 (so they say(), they will be in 1080p... might as well get the tv that supports them now :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Damnit Brian, now you've got me looking at new TV's. :cry:

I'm liking this one:
http://www.ritebuys.com/viewitem.php?Index...&RefTag=froogle

What is better currently, 720p or 1080i for HDTV/ DVD players? 720p seems to look smoother than 1080i on my Sony...

the sharp aquos is the BEST lcd screen IMO. they've mastered the technology.

720p is actually sharper than 1080i, as 1080i is really 540p Interlacing adds a line for every Progressive scan.

so

say we have 720p:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

1080i
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

High Contrast Ratio (800:1)

hrm... hardly hi. in fact, thats pretty low IMO.

my sammy is 10,000:1

and even the tv scott posted up is 1200:1

Back