Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did some chatting with my mechanic at work and he says either valve seals or valve guides. If the valves move within the valve guide, its no good. The valve stems might even be worn down. My head had really high miles too...350,000 kilometeres. :(

It will do for now but between that, the clutch slip and 2nd gear syncro....everything kinda sucks. :(

The bottom part of the seat is getting wrapped tomorrow.

I started to glue the vinyl onto the foam with contact cement, great stuff, but haven't finished yet...I ran outta goop.
icon_smile.gif
The only problem is that the vinyl is so thin so it showes every imperfection. I guess it will wear on over time.
icon_confused.gif

nah thats how much i got the b17, ys1 tranny and everything else for.

just rubbing it in... lol

My dad got the S2000 back on the road...I love that car. :) He wants to get a OEM front lip, OEM rear spoiler, lower it about 1"-1.5" and wheels. I think Regamasters. :p

Oh yeah...my dad took my car to work on his 30 min commute, its up over a mountain 1100 feet high so there is a good opportunity to use the engine brakes and see if my car is still smoking. Good news! Taking out that extra oil helped a lot but still some gets by. Keep in mind it hasn't been driven much. I'm not worried about it for now and I'll stick with it and save some dough.

Next issue. My dad said its super scary to drive, the faster you go the scarier it gets. He said theres a lot of slack in the steering. I'm hoping the alignment will solve that on friday. He said its so bad that he would prefer to speed in his stock 4 door lol.

Finished the "ass" part. It was hard to do with contact cement, thats why it didn't turn out so well. Plus I suck at life. :D Hopefully it will wear in and look normal.

I still have to spary paint the foam around the seat belt opening.

102_0665.jpg

102_0667.jpg

102_0668.jpg

Last edited:
Got it aligned and I'm so happy. No more slack, no more pull to the right and no more fighting the wheel. Handling is so much better too. I love my car all over again. :D

My dad has been commuting in my car...I kinda let him because he paid for the insurance and gas. I will when I get my full lisence in the summer. Anyway, still after the alignment I get a pull to the right. My dad figures its a torque steer because it pulls really bad when turning right and accelerating and not so bad when cruising. And I think I know why it burns oil. He said today he looked down when shifting gears and the tach was buried.
thud.gif
No rev-limiter on the stock P28 chip I got sent.

Yup...I think my dad is buying my Mini-Me off me then I'm getting a GSR swap.

well, if it was driven very long w/ too much oil you may have blown out the rings

i did the same thing w/ my 89 SI .. right after i had my head rebuilt... i was frustrated and sold the car... wish i never had.. :(

Not very long at all with too much oil. A couple days worth of driving.

It burns clean all the time, only after engine braking down a long hill. Like gearing down to a light won't do it.

Back