CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd let them go for 4k with springs and top hats. :)
Whoa.....that's big boy league cost! They must be pretty nice. What car are you moving on to?

On a side note.....does anyone have experience with traction bars?
Certain company's traction bars better fitment and performance than others?
Some are cheap (Ebay) and others are $250-300.

I just don't want to spend extra cash on a set-up that is the same as a traction bar that is less than $200.

Well......I don't want one that breaks....that is for sure. Full-Race or ETD (aka K-Tuned) seems to be the best choice.
About 2 weeks ago....I wrote skinny-kids and they never got back to me :shrug2:

full race, avid, there was another decent brand my friend had years ago made out of titanium I think called lakewood. if you could find a set of those they were really nice for the money.

I would not skimp on traction bars, that is something you dont want breaking because your alignment changes after you mount or un mount them.

Lakewood has been making traction bars for domestics for decades. Very reputable company. I have their trailing arms, subframe connectors, and panhard rod on my Camaro.

Well.....last weekend, I found my "last" coolant leak.

There is a plug on the bottom of the radiator (brand new radiator).
I'm guessing some universal hole for a fan switch that is plugged with a allen head for those who don't need it (i.e., me).
It only seeps out when its at running temp and stops. The allen head is very large (9/16" allen....hard to find in two towns I looked)
But I got it under control with a custom piece.

I did not want to put an additive in there (Bars or whatever)
So I used some pipe dope......but no dice.
The allen plug that I took out didn't have the best looking threads. It had nicks in 8-10 spots (all the high spots but still threads fine)
I am guessing that is why it leaked. Threads on the radiator looked good.
Who ever makes the radiator for the company (middle man i bought from) put some type of pipe dope on it before....I could see it and had the pleasure of scraping it off.

These pictures are before I thoroughly cleaned them......or at least I gave it my best.

100_1770.jpg

100_1780.jpg

The company told me others used JB Weld and told me to do the same thing. So I did.
The plug is not aluminum and is cheap metal.....the threads just suck....period. "Others" means its ain't the first time.
But what do you want for a radiator/fan/silcone hoses/clamps that cost half the price of a nice Walker radiator for a hot rod??

Should be done curing in 14 hours lol.

100_1781.jpg

100_1787.jpg

Last edited:
You're right on the raadiator anti-leak solution by not using it. That stuff gets everywhere in the cooling system and you can never get it alll out. Same for head gasket leak crap.

What did you use? JB Weld?

Yep......he directly told me JB Weld will take care of it. Its good up to 600 degrees fahrenheit and I will never need it to come off. It'll be ready by noon tomorrow.

If it don't work.....I will get them to send me a new one come hell or high water (as you can see.....I got pictures if they need to see how much JB weld I used)

thank god you didnt use that stop leak crap! that stuff will clog cooling ports in the head and almost always the thermostate / heater core.

No more coolant leak....so far (60-65 miles)
Putting some miles on the clutch and should be around 175-200 total after I drive it some more this week.

love the video and love the build i wish i was home to finish my build.

Hope you get home before summer so you can have it rolling for warmer weather.

How many more parts do you need to gather up for the K-swap?

Was going to take a drive by video today but my friend's radiator started leaking and next thing you know......it's dark.

But I did get my first Kill today. A 350Z. He stayed with me from a dig.....until I caught traction.

Then we did a 60mph roll and he jumped me a little cuz i wasnt watching the passenger close enough (he counted to 3 with his hands)
But I pulled him Really Really Hard :)

It was beautiful.

I had a full tank but he had a passenger. Best part was the passenger had his iPhone recording it
I think they were the ones thinking they were going to get the nice kill recorded but......

Bitches Come!!!

Last edited:
how to you like your vib 3'' muffler...im doing a custom exuast and probably going to use a 3'' vib mufffler as a res.

That's what I got plus a 2.5" cat. It's still loud...I had the same set up (B16A) but with 60mm and it was much quieter for normal driving (under 4K revs) but it breaths nicely when you are reving it to the sky

Got my iPhone 4s a month ago and thought I would try this camera out.

Pretty boring. Except my dad taps the car with his knuckles and I start humming that I do not remember lol plus my thumb at least once or twice

EH3 K20A walk around - YouTube

Last edited:
No more coolant leak....so far (60-65 miles)
Putting some miles on the clutch and should be around 175-200 total after I drive it some more this week.

Hope you get home before summer so you can have it rolling for warmer weather.

How many more parts do you need to gather up for the K-swap?

Exedy Twin Clutch
hondata 4 bar Map Sensor
Oil Catch Can

these are the last essential parts i need

Damn your car will be a handful. Straight get up and go. Let me know what you think of the twin disc. Is it easier to operate over a super single?

Back