CartCT.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
I renewed teh membership..... :p

no car to run yet....but I'm a member again...and I typed in that I can do the car tech inspections...

and I was car 47......and I requested car #74....since the Z is an 1974 260Z...but who knows.....teh CRX may be the main runner this year....if it get built :cry:

i dont show up to enough events to make the registration fee worth it

I plan on doing it often this year. Next I need to get a viable car to do it in. The Civic is retired, but may return for a race or two to tune suspension.

I want a Mustang.

i plan on being there every week this yr. i may actually have somthing decent to drive. full cage and all. idk we will see...

almost enough time to prep the CRX

I'm sure I'll bring it out for something....I just haven't even touched the car yet as far as upgrading anything and it'll be in NH until atleast the middle of March.

The Civic is ok for a DD, but I don't think its "competition" material

whats fucked up with your car?

and if you mean drift then please dont. they really dont like that.

your car will pass tech, so long as it is SAFE.

proper metal battery tire down
proper brake fluid levels
proper air in tires
proper wheel brearings (they shake the wheels while you're parked)
no free-floating objects/floormats/etc
m2000/sa2000 helmet or higher
be reasonably loud. my hatch was too loud. not too many other people have problems.
25 bucks.

thats all you need.

Quoted post[/post]]

oh, he meant slide or die? yeah- wrong venue. this is for driving and racing, not drifitng and figure skating.

don't get me wrong, i like drifiting to, but its not the place.

Quoted post[/post]]
The Civic is ok for a DD, but I don't think its "competition" material

the only competition is with yourself. if it runs and passes tech, bring it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Where do i sign up?

Clayton, if u are doing the tech inspections, can you let my car "slide"?

Goto Cartct.com....and all the info for joining the joining up as a member is there...but you'll need to get a sponsorship from a voting member...unless they changed it.

I'm not sure if they will use me for teching the cars...I just added that in the renewal form as something that I could do for the club.

There will be plenty of CT events for drift...so the sliding part can be done somewhere else...plus...there is only a few spots on the course that they set up....if you drive right....then the car will slide by itself...and will blend into a normal run....but sliding kills the time...and that's what your going out there for...to get your best time, while having a good time.

and I'm about 80% into convincing the wife to go up there with her completely stock subaru once she gets her licence...but I want her to do the autocrossing to help her learn the limits of the car, how to plan ahead for the next turn, how to control the car, how to use the brakes, and just basically have a safe environment to let her see how the car reacts to different speeds and corners....

I know that since I've been autocrossing and drifting...I've prolly advoided about 20 accidents that normally would have crunched up a car. And if I can teach my wife to advoid at least one accident...then I'll be happy to see her at home instead of at the hospital.

i know!! just the past 2 mornings idiots that slam on their brakes due to school busses.... evasive maneuvers + e-brake action to make the car rotate extremely quickly into the breakdown lane. :cry:

K + autox = :thumbsup:

cuz then she wont mind coming to events :) but can you see her flagging? :laugh:

actually, if she tries it once, ill flag her 30 mins for her. incentive!

Quoted post[/post]]

I ment slide as in, "pass tech inspection".

No im not planning on being an asshat by drifting @ an autox event. I want to attend the event to become a better driver.

Quoted post[/post]]
your car will pass tech, so long as it is SAFE.

proper metal battery tire down
proper brake fluid levels
proper air in tires
proper wheel brearings (they shake the wheels while you're parked)
no free-floating objects/floormats/etc
m2000/sa2000 helmet or higher
be reasonably loud. my hatch was too loud. not too many other people have problems.
25 bucks.

thats all you need.

Batt Tie Down = non existant in my car.

Got any suggestions? (the zip tie is gone :))

med_gallery_27272_487_62634.jpg

you need a metal or atleast a ratchet strap battery tie down.

fill your clutch/brake fluid.

otherwise, :thumbsup:.

Thats the power steering fluid. The line had a splice in it . . . i have since replaced it :).

Back