COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think so, but you cant run scavenger AND ghost. Rookie! :p

Yeah I know, it was just a general question cause I never really tried it. lol

i don't think scavenger refills any secondary weapon.

Ability: Replenishes your ammunition and lethal grenades when you walk over blue scavenger bags that are dropped by dead players. This won't resupply launchers or equipment. Scavenger is very useful with weapons that run out of ammo quickly.

Pro Ability: Doubles your starting ammo with extra magazines. This also replenishes your tactical grenades.

the main reason i got ghost pro right here
Ability: Ghost works pretty much like Cold Blooded from Modern Warfare 2. You are undetectable by the Spy Plane killstreak when you have this equipped. You show up on the radar if you fire a weapon that doesn't have a silencer.
Pro Ability: Undetectable by aircraft, infrared and sentries. Enemies won't see your name or a red crosshair when targeting you.

i noticed that i had trouble identifying targets(people). for some reason certain people didnt have their names light up over their head in red letters. I was also playing capture the flag one time, and I saw the carrier with the spy plane and was waiting behind a wall for him to run through. He came around and shot me, so I watched the replay and he walked up to the wall and held his aim crosshairs at the wall and they lit up red when he looked at where I was standing behind the wall, so he came around the corner shooting already knowing exactly where I was. its a good trick to use on people without ghost pro

my main reasoning is to be undetectable by aircraft/heli's .. no red crosshair is also nice though

I've been checking out the reviews and videos for MW3.
I guess they are quite adamant that its going to be the next MW2, and has no connection to black ops, so it won't have some of the nice new features added in bl-ops.
It will also have a whole different perk and kill-streak platform, adding perks as you gain kills.
Which seems a little retarded to me. If you get 15 kills you get juggernaut... like the guy that racks up the most kills faster than anyone else really needs extra protection.

If it was like the US tax system, you would lose more the higher kills you got to level off the playing field. haha

From what I read there are going to be several different ways you can set up your killstreaks, and the "earning perks by getting kills" is just one way that you can do it. You can still do the standard "so many kills for a killstreak" method too.

One thing about Black Ops that I liked is that your killstreaks don't count towards your next killstreak. I think that discourages camping, which I like. Sounds like MW3 won't be like that though.

I was hoping that they would bring over some of the customizing and the emblem creator from Black Ops too, but from the footage I've seen it doesn't look like that's happening either...

werd.. i like the emblem creator.. allows people to be more unique

I don't know for certain that MW3 won't have one, but all the footage I've seen has shown the same types of emblems and callsigns as MW2 had, so I'm assuming...

it looks to me like they were either too proud to accept that something from treyarch was an improvment, or just lazy and cheap and went the easy route so they could just copy over a bunch of stuff from mw3
also worth pointing out that this game was presumably half way complete when blops came out

i was all about going to the next COD, but i might have to go to battlefield instead
i'm all about multiplayer anyway so i might just stick with blops until i hit 15th prestige
after that i imagine its like beating a dead horse

it looks to me like they were either too proud to accept that something from treyarch was an improvment, or just lazy and cheap and went the easy route so they could just copy over a bunch of stuff from mw3
also worth pointing out that this game was presumably half way complete when blops came out

It seems like that's the case. Infinity Ward has always seemed like they weren't too fond of Treyarch, like they felt like they were making the actual CoD games and Treyarch was just making filler (which I would say used to be true, but I think they really came in to their own with Black Ops). I can remember Infinity Ward releasing map packs and news about MW games on the same day that Treyarch would release some piece of news about their stuff...

i was all about going to the next COD, but i might have to go to battlefield instead
i'm all about multiplayer anyway so i might just stick with blops until i hit 15th prestige
after that i imagine its like beating a dead horse

Haha, yes, it pretty much is. I was trying to go pro on all the perks but I kind of lost interest. Just been playing some Fallout: New Vegas and playing my 3DS a lot lately.

With all that said though, I'm sure MW3 will still be fun. I just wish they weren't so adverse to acknowledging Treyarch's contributions to the series. I feel like with all the shit that went on with Infinity Ward that this isn't really the time for them to be all "holier than thou" about Treyarch's CoD games...

Hit 7th prestige this weekend, up to the mid 30's.
I need to do a prestige per day to be finished by the time mw3 is released.
I really want to get to 15th prestige so I can just pro all the perks and be done with it.

the PSG1 with ACOG sight has become one of my favorites, all dependent on connection speed though

Hit 7th prestige this weekend, up to the mid 30's.
I need to do a prestige per day to be finished by the time mw3 is released.
I really want to get to 15th prestige so I can just pro all the perks and be done with it.

the PSG1 with ACOG sight has become one of my favorites, all dependent on connection speed though

Are they running double XP on Black Ops? They are on MW2 right now, so that's what I've been playing. I finished 15/50 on Blops like a month ago, so I figured I'd spend some time with MW2...

The double XP ran from 10am sunday to 10am tuesday morning pacific time
i believe the double xp was for all games in the series, trying to allow people to prestige in the current game they are playing to get the token for an upgrade in mw3.

So it looks like it takes me less than a month to prestige, hit 8th last night.

3rd - 7/5
4th - ?
5th - 9/21
6th - ?
7th - 10/29
8th - 11/20

yea, something like that lol
thats one of the reasons i broke down and ordered mw3, hopefully i can stay more on track with that one, and it will also help to play it on just one system.

MW3 only has ten prestiges, but they go up to rank 80, so I figure it's about the same time investment as Black Ops to go all the way through. I've got a little over a day's play time and I already made it up to 80 once and then back to 40 again, first prestige. I'm collecting as much Double XP from the Mountain Dew bottles as possible too, and I'm just banking that for now, so at some point I'll kick that in to effect too...

Back