Design Contest

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I'm holding a design contest for anyone who thinks they can compete.

Idea -
I'm in the process of building a track only 99 Honda Civic DX Hatch with a 99 ITR motor and tranny. I have been playing with the idea of painting my car. Well I decided to contribute back to this site in maybe the only way I can...Free Advertisement!
I'm looking for a paint job that has a hondaswap.com theme to it. Anything goes. All you have to do is design it (photo edited or whatever) and email it to me. From there, I will review the entries, and post them in a gallery or in this thread. After we get a bunch of good ideas, I will post a poll and you get to vote which paint job I will pick.

Rules -
Like I said, anything goes as long as its themed to hondaswap.com. I will not be changing the color of my wheels though. Wheels are gloss black or silver at this point in time. Other than that, if rear side windows need to be covered, I will get them wrapped to match the paint. Don't cover front windows or rear hatch window...I still need to see.

Why -
Well, I wanted to build this car for years, but just in the past few months have had the time to do so. I started online searching for motors and couldn't figure out who to buy from. Came here, got direction and the rest is history. I owe everyone that takes part in helping this community. Thank you so much for getting me this far. Even if you think I spend too much. ;) I know I am not the most technical person and have very little to contribute to this wealth of information, but I would like to give back by doing this.

Email all ideas, questions and thoughts to:

webink@charter.net

Thank you!
Luke Moore

i didnt read the rules but leave the body stock, lower it with a nice set of 15 inch wheel with good tires.

Body stock, lowered about 1.5ish. I've got 15" rota group n's and 15" and 16" work RSZ's. Hmm, well that doesn't help much with the paint or theme.

As for a reward, you'll be able to contribute to this site with advertisement design. I may be able to work out a real reward too, but we'll see. I'll give away a set of wheels or something.

i say a nice cf lip kit, cf hood, all black paint, limo tint, black 15's with polished lip, lowered 2"

and a black hondaswap sticker as a windshield banner to give you an hs theme

:ph34r:

why not use the colors on the board?(white/light blue/blue) paint your calipers blue or something; the whole car with a white base and (i dont know what its called but..) a blue line/decal running from the headlights all the way to the rear. maybe something like that. im going to work on a pic; im not very good with photoshop and stuff so bear with me.

oh yea and smoked out headlights/taillights to match the wheels ;)

how about just paint the car white and run a moderately small stripe that tapers down to a point on the fender and get a lil bigger as it goes down the side of the carr, then when it gets into the quarter panel have a break in the stripe where it will say hondsaswap.com then have the stripe finish going to the end of the quarter. thats what i would do, just something fairly subtle like that

edit* stripe and logo in the same color but whatever color u want. i thnk something light like a silver would look nice

well this is what i came up with.. note: i didnt add the blue brake calipers or the black wheels yet.
Hondaswap Civic

i guess you can go easier on the blue on the side.

btw i suck at photoshop and stuff. so you dont have to tell me. ohh damn i just noticed the wrong blue i pu; guess i was thinking about the scrollbar.

Hell yeah man! I love that design!! So far you're in the lead for the set of wheels. I still like the other ideas, but that design looks bad ass!

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Jun 25 2004, 07:46 PM
Come on guys! Lets get some more designs up there!

when i get home maybe i will throw something together, do you have a stock picture of your car?

What angle do you want? I'll go snap a few right now. Stock as far as no kits or anything. Paint isn't stock. Let me go take some high res. photos before it gets too dark.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Jun 25 2004, 08:01 PM
What angle do you want? I'll go snap a few right now. Stock as far as no kits or anything. Paint isn't stock. Let me go take some high res. photos before it gets too dark.

yeah give me something to work with or i will just find something

front corner over looking the rest of the body

Originally posted by micah@Jun 26 2004, 12:08 AM
wish i had photoshop
:(

you can use a little program called pixia from tacmi. its free and works pretty good; you should see some of the pictures people make with this program. you have to do a little digging to find the english version.

I swear to god and Allah you cats have no imagination for sickness. Peep this. You know the Matrix movie cover. green 1's and 0's in a vertical cycle of digital code. Air brush this design on the car, but instead of using the one's and zero's use www.hondaswap.com as an endless pattern in the same green over the black. I know a painter that can do it but it ain't cheap and it ain't vinyl stickers, but you can't lose with him. He builds minitrucks. His truck "The Time Machine" has taken more trophies for Best of Show and Best Graphics than you can count on all your hands and feet. It was in SEMA last year and Mintruckin cover truck January Issue 2003. He has even painted bikes for Jay Leno. Check out www.autoartbythekid.com. B)

Back