Door wont open

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ghsbaseball91

ok, my pass door on my 93 sol has been the biggest pain in the ass lately..the outside door handle hasnt worked for a while but jus recently the inner door handle messed up. i took the inner handle off and the cable is still attached to it and i pulled on it but nothin happens. what the hell coulda happened?

Not to be a smartass, but...

is it unlocked.

that's about the extent of my knowledge anyway.

:D

(I'm mostly here for the learning and comic relief)

Something came loose somewhere. Take off the interior panel and look around.

i dont kno if i can take off the panel without opening the door first and i cant open the door so im fucked for now i guess.lol

Hmmm thats a pickle, ive never had this problem, only a door and hatch that wouldnt latch.

yea it blows cuz i jus figured the cable slipped off the handle but took the handle off and it was still there, pulled on it to open the door and take the panel off but nothin happened

Door is activated by a little rod that goes downward from the outside handle. There are several metal/plastic connections in the door mechanisms, so its likely that one snapped. Happens all the time.

As far as getting it open though.. Thats a tough one, lol.

Personally, I'd get a coat hanger, straighten it out, bend a small hook onto one end, get a flashlight, roll down the window, and pick away from the window channel. Good luck with it.

... the door actuator.

sounds ghetto, but wtf else are you going to do short of cutting a hole in your door panel?

Had to do that to my passenger side in my daytona when it wouldnt open after my friend bent my frame rear-ending me. Fun while it lasted, it was a hunk of shit anyway.

Good luck on your door problem. Call a mechanic, maybe they will know a trade secret or something?

Back