DWB in the Benz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yep..the cop has a reputation of confronting people like that. this girl i talk to go stopped WALKING down the street by him. I got stopped by him, but I did something wrong (cellphone)

Well even if they did confront you....you can always tell them that you wish to maintain your 4th amendment rights and refuse a search. Hell, even if I was completely clean, I would always refuse an unlawful search. People need to know their rights.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jun 2 2005, 10:55 PM
you gotta put yourself in the cops mind.

Hmmmm, im looking to put away people who are involved with drugs or anyting illegal.. hmm a young black male in jamaica ny in a benz... if i was a cop, the first thing in my mind would be DRUGS!!! So the cop wanted to check out the situation, and the kid had nothing to hide and the cop searched his car. So the kid had nothing in there, big deal..ive been searched before too it doesnt happen to black people alone. And what if the kid had pounds of weed in the trunk... what would you be saying then?
[post=507131]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a fine line...in people's opinions...whats police profiling and good police work.

Had the airport been tougher on Arabs for the day of 9/11 then the event could have possibly been avoided. People's rights would have been enfringed, however.

I think its a lose, lose situation. Although I think this thread is stupid because its possible that the cop had a previous altercation with the man, or someone called something in, or a million other possibilities. Obviously the poster does not know the entire story.

I'm tired of people complaining about the cops. It's obvious that a lot of them are dirtbags - what are you gonna DO about it?

I do a lot of complaining myself, but usually not about things I have no hope of changing. That's just wasting time.

i don't know the entire story.

what i do know is the cop has a reputation for bs stops. If there was an "altercation", he would have placed him under arrest immediately. If he the cop knew him he still had no reason to stop him. I think it's unlawful for an officer to stop you for no reason. I was at the DD for a while, I saw the guy pull up, I saw his wife get out, there would have been no reason for a call. He did nothing wrong from what I saw and I watched the whole thing go down

Cops suck. They've not once done anything good for me. Sure they may be there when I need them in the future, but when I don't they're still there, around the corner, downstairs, behind me, just waiting for an oppurtunity to use their power.

Just like judges and prosecuters. I think it's retarded that 2 peoples suggestions may change someones life, whether is a criminal charge (let's use minor drugs; weed) or some crappy minor misdemeanor traffic offense, no better yet pissing on the side of the road.
Each one can land you in jail for 10-180 days. Then you say don't do it. Maybe I was a little late to work, so I took advantage of that 104 HP monster in the prelude engine bay and did 21 mph over or maybe I wanted to sit in an apartment with my friends and smoke a blunt and relax or maybe I just needed to piss. Means for imprisonment, no. Repercussions, maybe on the speeding charge, since that's endangering others.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 11:20 AM
i don't know the entire story.

what i do know is the cop has a reputation for bs stops. If there was an "altercation", he would have placed him under arrest immediately. If he the cop knew him he still had no reason to stop him. I think it's unlawful for an officer to stop you for no reason. I was at the DD for a while, I saw the guy pull up, I saw his wife get out, there would have been no reason for a call. He did nothing wrong from what I saw and I watched the whole thing go down
[post=507315]Quoted post[/post]​

"I think it's unlawful for an officer to stop you for no reason."

"i don't know the entire story."

Think before you speak. You do not know the entire story. Things looked all fine and dandy but perhaps he was on probation and the cop knew this and was just checking around to make sure he wasn't violating parole. Perhaps he did something down the street and the cop didn't know where he was and then roled up on him. Perhaps he was a known drug dealer so the cop had to shake him down. Perhaps the cop was a scumbag and was just giving him a shake down.

You don't know, neither do I but to speculate is asinine.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 11:29 AM
Cops suck. They've not once done anything good for me. Sure they may be there when I need them in the future, but when I don't they're still there, around the corner, downstairs, behind me, just waiting for an oppurtunity to use their power.

Just like judges and prosecuters. I think it's retarded that 2 peoples suggestions may change someones life, whether is a criminal charge (let's use minor drugs; weed) or some crappy minor misdemeanor traffic offense, no better yet pissing on the side of the road.
Each one can land you in jail for 10-180 days. Then you say don't do it. Maybe I was a little late to work, so I took advantage of that 104 HP monster in the prelude engine bay and did 21 mph over or maybe I wanted to sit in an apartment with my friends and smoke a blunt and relax or maybe I just needed to piss. Means for imprisonment, no. Repercussions, maybe on the speeding charge, since that's endangering others.
[post=507324]Quoted post[/post]​

The laws the law and you're breaking it. They're just doing the job, the position they were appointed to requires.

Weed still isn't legalized yet, as much as you may like it to be. You broke the law, you got caught. You got caught speeding, you got caught pissing on the side of the road. No one forced you to do any of those things and in society's eyes they've been deemed wrong for quite awhile now. You broke the law and had to face the reprocussions. Don't bitch that you don't like the reprocussions because no one forced you to do those things. Does someone, other than your boss, come up behind you and start telling you to do your job? If they do...do you like being heckled about just doing what you were told. Had the cop let you go and you had gotten into an accident after smoking a blunt or speeding, the cop could have been sued and lost his job for just letting you go. His life could possibly be ruined by you for being a nice guy and just letting you go. It could have been career suicide, yet you'll piss and moan and put the blame elsewhere. You really are a little kid.

I just paid a $414 speeding ticket for my first violation for 'careless driving'. I was driving carelessly by doing 15mph over the speed limit on a thursday morning at 9:30 in EAST BUMBLEFUCK. Only person within miles traveling southbound and I got snagged. The New Jersey surcharged of $250 was more than my COURT FEES AND TICKET to get the ticket plead down to an unsafe driving. Had I not plead the ticket down it would have been $1300 over the next 3 years on insurance for one simple violation. It sucks, but had I not been speeding I never would have gotten the ticket. I really don't like the cop for doing what he did because I feel as if I'm a good person and there could have been a better person to give the ticket to, but hey its his job. Does someone, other than your boss, come up behind you and start telling you to do your job? If they do...do you like being heckled about just doing what you were told.

///end rant.

If you disagree, I'm sorry but the way I see it you were breaking the law and then you're going to bitch that you got caught and had pay the consequences. Well, even though we all do it, thats life. Had you not done those things you would have never been before a judge, suck it up.

cop has a reputation for bs confrontations

the guy was sitting there for more than 10 mins

even if he was on parole/probation, there was no reason to be confronted

im on probation...for drugs actually. and never had to be searched unless there was a reason, I've refused all the other times an officer tried

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 11:44 AM

im on probation...for drugs actually. and never had to be searched unless there was a reason, I've refused all the other times an officer tried
[post=507331]Quoted post[/post]​

You do not know.

You didn't speak with either of the parties involved.

Basically what you utter is babble.

i completely agree with the speeding charge...it was wrong. I paid the ticket without question.

the drug charges were dismissed on everyone in the apartment due to "unlawful entry". I had a plea bargain which included that charge that I had accepted because I had a warrant and some other charges.

I very rarely smoke and drive, there has to be something pretty important for me to hop in and drive high, especially now.

pissing on the side of the road. I've never been charged with but when you gotta go you gotta go.

actually I was in line at the DD, out the door. watched him pull up and his wife/girl/whoever she was, was behind me the whole time. 10 mins later the cop rolled up.

I didn't see the cop hand him a citation or anything of the sort, so it was a BS confrontation.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 3 2005, 09:47 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jun 3 2005, 11:44 AM

[post=507331]Quoted post[/post]​

You do not know.

You didn't speak with either of the parties involved.

Basically what you utter is babble.
[post=507332]Quoted post[/post]​

You know, it's entirely possible to carry on an argument/dispute someone's claims without being so goddamn offensive.

That's one of the only reasons I dislike you - you're just so needlessly offensive.

and you smell funny...

sorry to thread jack, but how come you never wrote anything in the Brit Tells off the senate thread?

i agree they are "just doing their job". But if you've ever been to court you'd notice that a judges actions change with his mood. one kid gets his (word) in the beginning of the session, next near the middle after the judge got mad because a lady's cellphone went off 4 times and had it confiscated....

1st kid gets $1600 in fines, 1 day community service.

Same charges, both are 4th time repeat offendors

2nd kid got $2200 in fines, 10 days in jail, $25 a day to pay it off

Its fucked up, If you don't like coke (just an example, i do not do this btw) then you're going to feel that person did a much more haneous (SP?) crime that it actually could have been, when really it could have been his first time ever doing it. Coke of course is a lot different than weed and shit but still, it already has a higher penalty and more people take it as the person may be some crackhead and it is really frowned upon.

But maybe the person never did it before, maybe he was holding it for someone, maybe it fell in his car, why should he be penalized so heavily, repeat offenders is differnt, then you have to add in the judges concerns and his opinions are going to reflect, getting caught with coke 1st or last time is going to land you in rehab, DL suspension and probably other repercussions. But if the Judge doesn't like it and thinks its the worst thing in the world, he's going to want to give you the max penalty.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 11:51 AM
actually I was in line at the DD, out the door. watched him pull up and his wife/girl/whoever she was, was behind me the whole time. 10 mins later the cop rolled up.

I didn't see the cop hand him a citation or anything of the sort, so it was a BS confrontation.
[post=507337]Quoted post[/post]​

How can you possibly say that when you can't possibly know?

You weren't the police officer, the man, or the dispatcher. Just an onlooker who had no background information and just saw things happen without knowing why.

then you have to add in the judges concerns and his opinions are going to reflect

For these reasons he was appointed his position. ...or I should say, for those reasons he SHOULD have been appointed his position.

Some random guy does not become a judge. Judges are revered by someone for their opinion and decisions and held in such high regards that they earn the position of judge.

I've been to court, I've seen things happen. My grandfather after he retired for the second time became a court official and sat next to the judge at every hearing. He still thinks so highly of the judge in his court that even though he's retired for good now, he goes and has lunch with him every week. Some people love certain judges and hate others. You can't win them all and thats just the facts of life.

I know the kid infront of me at court, when I plead my speeding ticket down, my lawyer told me cost the county $1600 in airfare to fly someone out from california twice. He was fined $500 for his drug offense after costing the town more than triple his fine. I would have hit the kid with everything in the book, but thats just me.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 3 2005, 12:00 PM
and you smell funny...

sorry to thread jack, but how come you never wrote anything in the Brit Tells off the senate thread?
[post=507345]Quoted post[/post]​

Myself or Battle Pope?

I read it and laughed. I thought it was quite funny to read one man's opinion and another man's. A complete clash of views and there's really no right or wrong.

You know, it's entirely possible to carry on an argument/dispute someone's claims without being so goddamn offensive.

That's one of the only reasons I dislike you - you're just so needlessly offensive.

I'm blunt in person but I'm probaly more of an ass on forums.

Sometimes this guy just makes my head spin with his threads and opinions.

I mean half a page up he complains about the reprocussions and then about 5 posts after that he says that they were warranted and he didn't dispute them. ...ranting and raving about charges that were obviously warranted... it just baffles me.

I would have hit the kid with everything in the book, but thats just me.

exactly, that's complete bs and a lot of judges are like you with rediculous views (IMO it's rediculous), the ones even higher up are even stupider.

Why should he have been hit so hard for such a minor offense because the county wanted to pursue it? The county wasted their (your) money trying to make even more, but lost.
He probably didn't even do anything remotely wrong, but I'm jumping to conclusions here. What was the situation?

I can't tell you the whole story about this guy because you're right I don't know the whole story, but if in fact he had done something remotely suspicious or wrong the cop would have had a completely different reaction then that "routine confrontation and search" he normally does.

Back