DWB in the Benz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sometimes this guy just makes my head spin with his threads and opinions.

I mean half a page up he complains about the reprocussions and then about 5 posts after that he says that they were warranted and he didn't dispute them. ...ranting and raving about charges that were obviously warranted... it just baffles me.

you're confusing me.

I was making a point and examples.

Also, If I did something wrong and I feel it's wrong and it's actually hurting someone or something then I would take the penalty.

as for accepting the plea bargain, that was in my favor, I never would have done it if I wasn't facing more severe penalties. I don't agree to it, but I would have lost.

speeding is dangerous to other people, I paid it willingly. I actually could have hurt someone in that situation.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 3 2005, 10:26 AM

You know, it's entirely possible to carry on an argument/dispute someone's claims without being so goddamn offensive.

That's one of the only reasons I dislike you - you're just so needlessly offensive.

I'm blunt in person but I'm probaly more of an ass on forums.

Sometimes this guy just makes my head spin with his threads and opinions.

I mean half a page up he complains about the reprocussions and then about 5 posts after that he says that they were warranted and he didn't dispute them. ...ranting and raving about charges that were obviously warranted... it just baffles me.
[post=507355]Quoted post[/post]​

Sure he might be hard to understand, and contradict himself sometimes, but why tear him a new one over it? Just let him be confused and be civil about it.

I don't mind your constant arguing and vehement disagreeing - it's that you slam anyone and everyone at every opportunity (or so it seems). I can respect a good argument, just not a needless bitch-out.

Yea I know my opinions/views are WAY different than others, and I plan to keep it that way.

I still think there was no reason for the guy to be confronted. Since no cop would take 10 mins to find someone down the road.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Jun 3 2005, 11:29 AM-->
Cops suck. They've not once done anything good for me. Sure they may be there when I need them in the future, but when I don't they're still there, around the corner, downstairs, behind me, just waiting for an oppurtunity to use their power.

Just like judges and prosecuters. I think it's retarded that 2 peoples suggestions may change someones life, whether is a criminal charge (let's use minor drugs; weed) or some crappy minor misdemeanor traffic offense, no better yet pissing on the side of the road.
Each one can land you in jail for 10-180 days. Then you say don't do it. Maybe I was a little late to work, so I took advantage of that 104 HP monster in the prelude engine bay and did 21 mph over or maybe I wanted to sit in an apartment with my friends and smoke a blunt and relax or maybe I just needed to piss. Means for imprisonment, no. Repercussions, maybe on the speeding charge, since that's endangering others.
[post=507324]Quoted post[/post]​

Example #1

92civicb18b1
@Jun 3 2005, 11:49 AM
i completely agree with the speeding charge...it was wrong. I paid the ticket without question.

the drug charges were dismissed on everyone in the apartment due to "unlawful entry". I had a plea bargain which included that charge that I had accepted because I had a warrant and some other charges.

I very rarely smoke and drive, there has to be something pretty important for me to hop in and drive high, especially now.

pissing on the side of the road. I've never been charged with but when you gotta go you gotta go.
[post=507334]Quoted post[/post]​

example #2

as for accepting the plea bargain, that was in my favor, I never would have done it if I wasn't facing more severe penalties. I don't agree to it, but I would have lost.

First you say such bad things about the cops and then you say "I completely agree with the speeding charge" and you accepted the other charge because you had a warrant out for your arrest.

I call that good police work.

the speeding was in completely different situation, the warrant was for that drug charge and a disorderly persons complaint, I just never showed up for court a few times so the warrant was issued. I did not get arrested during that speeding incident.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 12:51 PM
Yea I know my opinions/views are WAY different than others, and I plan to keep it that way.

I still think there was no reason for the guy to be confronted. Since no cop would take 10 mins to find someone down the road.
[post=507367]Quoted post[/post]​

...but you can't possibly know that without having been in the cop's shoes.

There's a million and one reasons why the guy could have been searched. Some of them are legit and others aren't.

Now if you went and talked to the police officer or the guy and found out what happened in the situation and still found that it was a complete wrongful stop then I can see where you're coming from, but at this point in time you don't know where you're coming from because you can't possibly fully understand the situation.

good police work. I never should have recieved the drug charge in the first place.

Do you call police busting into an apartment "good policework" when there was no warrant, no sign of violence or any types of dispute or harm?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 01:08 PM
the speeding was in completely different situation, the warrant was for that drug charge and a disorderly persons complaint, I just never showed up for court a few times so the warrant was issued. I did not get arrested during that speeding incident.
[post=507372]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not talking about arrests. I'm speaking of you complaining about these things at the top of the page and then saying, "okay I accept the speeding charge because I could have hurt someone" after you just complained about it.

My point is you deserved the tickets/arrests you received. Not showing up to court is illegal as well, its what our judicial system is based on. Without complying complaintants and defendents our system would not work.

Now if you went and talked to the police officer or the guy and found out what happened in the situation and still found that it was a complete wrongful stop then I can see where you're coming from, but at this point in time you don't know where you're coming from because you can't possibly fully understand the situation.

that's understandable, it very well could have been he did something wrong. But if I was an officer and he was a convict, wanted or dangerous. I personally would have approached it a lot different then like a routine stop. Which was what he made it seem like. Pulled up behind him, came out of the car with little caution like most officers.

If he was wanted or anything there would have been much more force involved, not one cop simply talking and the guy complying.

[qquote]Repercussions, maybe on the speeding charge, since that's endangering others.[/quote]

unedited from the top post.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 01:09 PM
good police work. I never should have recieved the drug charge in the first place.

Do you call police busting into an apartment "good policework" when there was no warrant, no sign of violence or any types of dispute or harm?
[post=507374]Quoted post[/post]​

Didn't you say that someone called the police?

By law they're required to respond to the littlelest thing like noise complaints. They have to investigate the complaints, specifically I know of noise complaints in New Jersey must be investigated because it can mean underage peoples are drinking or doing illegal activities.

Illegal search and seizure is a different story, but a police officer is allowed to enter a building if he sees/smells an illegal substance. My guess is if you guys were smoking, a police officer shows up at the door, you open the door, the house probably reaks of weed and that gives an officer probable cause.

If thats not how it happened then so be it, the police officer could have made an innocent mistake (see miranda rights and allowing guilty criminals to get away after not following exact procedures) or the cop could have just been in the complete wrong. I find it hard to believe that a cop would knowingly bust into a house that he thought there was weed in, unless he was a complete moron - which he could have been -, because he should know proper procedure and not want to allow a guilty party get off on a technicality.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 11:49 AM
i completely agree with the speeding charge...it was wrong. I paid the ticket without question.

the drug charges were dismissed on everyone in the apartment due to "unlawful entry". I had a plea bargain which included that charge that I had accepted because I had a warrant and some other charges.

I very rarely smoke and drive, there has to be something pretty important for me to hop in and drive high, especially now.

pissing on the side of the road. I've never been charged with but when you gotta go you gotta go.
[post=507334]Quoted post[/post]​

You said no thing about reprecussions here.

What I see is you rant and rave, piss and moan about getting in trouble, and then admitt that what you did was illegal. Therefore the cops were in the right and you were in the wrong.

yes I understand that not showing up for court wasn't the right thing to do, but I did it for a reason, unlawful and (can't think of the word again). The arresting officer showed up the first time and since the it was superior court and in a completely different county 30 miles away it worked in my favor.

Not showing up in court has a lower penalty than a drug charge, I finally showed up without the officer there which in turn made no witnesses and no evidence. I plead guilty to 60% of the charges and the rest were dismissed.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 11:29 AM
Cops suck. They've not once done anything good for me. Sure they may be there when I need them in the future, but when I don't they're still there, around the corner, downstairs, behind me, just waiting for an oppurtunity to use their power.

They've done their job and here on the top of the second page is what I'm talking about, you complaining.

Further down on the second page you say that you accept the speeding charge in one post and in another say that you did that because you endangered others.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 01:18 PM
yes I understand that not showing up for court wasn't the right thing to do, but I did it for a reason, unlawful and (can't think of the word again). The arresting officer showed up the first time and since the it was superior court and in a completely different county 30 miles away it worked in my favor.

Not showing up in court has a lower penalty than a drug charge, I finally showed up without the officer there which in turn made no witnesses and no evidence. I plead guilty to 60% of the charges and the rest were dismissed.
[post=507380]Quoted post[/post]​

So basically you screwed the legal system...whether you felt it was right or wrong.

You wonder why cops heckle you? It seems like you just keep doing the wrong thing.

You said no thing about reprecussions here.

What I see is you rant and rave, piss and moan about getting in trouble, and then admitt that what you did was illegal. Therefore the cops were in the right and you were in the wrong.

I guess I didn't say it clearly but it's there. I agreed to the penalties, I didn't bitch or moan because I knew and felt it was wrong and I really shouldn't have been doing it.

Didn't you say that someone called the police?

By law they're required to respond to the littlelest thing like noise complaints. They have to investigate the complaints, specifically I know of noise complaints in New Jersey must be investigated because it can mean underage peoples are drinking or doing illegal activities.

Illegal search and seizure is a different story, but a police officer is allowed to enter a building if he sees/smells an illegal substance. My guess is if you guys were smoking, a police officer shows up at the door, you open the door, the house probably reaks of weed and that gives an officer probable cause.

If thats not how it happened then so be it, the police officer could have made an innocent mistake (see miranda rights and allowing guilty criminals to get away after not following exact procedures) or the cop could have just been in the complete wrong. I find it hard to believe that a cop would knowingly bust into a house that he thought there was weed in, unless he was a complete moron - which he could have been -, because he should know proper procedure and not want to allow a guilty party get off on a technicality.

according to them someone called. Yes they can investigate it, but they're not allowed to barge into the apartment without a warrant and it was 6 officers not one. The judge asked them what they were thinking by just entering an apartment like that.

They may very well have smelled it, and if I recall no one ever opened the door, they just entered and immediately said "We smell marijuana, where is it?". I'd have to look at the police report and statements it was a while ago.

How come threads always go to shit when New2TheCarScene chips in? :ph34r:

Now I'm just stating my opinion and observations, so don't jump all over my back and dry hump me.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 3 2005, 01:19 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jun 3 2005, 11:29 AM

They've done their job and here on the top of the second page is what I'm talking about, you complaining.

Further down on the second page you say that you accept the speeding charge in one post and in another say that you did that because you endangered others.
[post=507381]Quoted post[/post]​

I have mixed views.

They haven't done anything for me (NJ anyway), they've used their power unlawfully towards me more than once. But they're are some good cops out there. And I'm not talking about the one that "let you go". I've encountered a few nice, respectful cops even when I've done something wrong.

I must be saying something confusing, because I do agree to the speeding charge, I shouldn't have been speeding. I shouldn't have been speeding because I could have hurt someone, If I had an accident.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 3 2005, 01:24 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jun 3 2005, 01:18 PM

[post=507380]Quoted post[/post]​

So basically you screwed the legal system...whether you felt it was right or wrong.

You wonder why cops heckle you? It seems like you just keep doing the wrong thing.
[post=507383]Quoted post[/post]​

yep I did. I did it in my own favor. It was wrong but I didn't want to face the extra penalies of having the witness and evidence.

Actually if I get pulled over that cop wouldn't know what I did.

Yes, there are times I do the wrong thing and repeat them.

Back