Floor Speaker Ideas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
so my dad's bday/fathers day is coming. his old floor speakers (the big speakers/not surround sound) are blown. i'm looking to get him somthing new. budget is capped at $200. it would be more, but i don't really care to spend that much on the guy. anyways, do you guys have any suggestions?

not sure what ones ur talkin about exactly. got a measurement for speaker size?

typically on budget door speakers or 6x9s, i've gone with bottom of the line pioneers, and they're pretty decent. they're made of a synthetic material that doesnt die like normal paper cone speakers.

Look at older-model kenwood home speakers. Sometimes electronics stores have back-stock. I got my LS-V500's for $37, and the LS-V250's for $27.

Or, if you're not worried about the time it'd take to put together the crossovers, and mount the speakers, check out some kits from partsexpress.com.

Buy the Polk Audio M20 Floorstand Speaker and other Home audio speakers at circuitcity.com They are a little more than you wanted to spend but Polk is a good name. If you can find these on sale sometime they would be worth it for your budget.

Sony - 8" 3-Way Floorstanding Speakers (Pair) - SSF5000 These would be decent for your money too. If you got these get him some new 16g speaker wire.
200 bucks for a pair of floor standing speakers is tough. If you have a tweeter near you they have some good clearance sales this time of year. I got a Polk CSi5 center channel with a $400 normal price for $158.

Fuck, why don't people ever read thread dates and why is it always new people that do this?

Let this thread die already!

Damn newbies.

IBTL, I hope.

Back