gauges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

I am doing the turbo set-up, and was wondering what gauges are the most helpful. I am thinking of getting:
1. boost---Auto meter, ultra lite
2. Egt---Autometer, Phantom
3. Oil pressure---Auto meter, ultra lite
4. Boost control---apex avcr
5. Turbo timer---Blitz
Should I lose any of these for others, maybe even other brands?

autometers suck. get some real gauges... greddy, apexi, or if your loaded, Defi.

EGT, boost, and oil pressure are the min. if you ask me....

the avcr might be overkill for you, but works well.

thats all im running...

as for the conversion, i dont know off hand

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2003, 09:25 PM
autometers suck

If they're so shitty why do a good amountof the professional racers run them?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2003, 12:25 AM
autometers suck

I love my autometer gueages they work great, besides thay have been in the business longer than anyone and, professionals use them on their cars :p

Umm, most guages are the same, if they do the same thing accurately, then you don't need a name brand. All your doing is paying for the name.

I think this is off topic but the autometer carbon fiber series are sexy as hell

P.S.
This doesnt make me a ricer does it? they are real carbon fiber not carbon fiber look nothing is wrong with a little style right?

B i dont know what u got against autometer, but they have sexy gauges, i love my Air/Fuel and oil pressure gauges, as well as my autometer tach.

pissedoffsol Posted on Oct 16 2003, 12:25 AM
autometers suck

:no:

they are the 2nd most inaccurate gauges next to sun pro. end of story.

autometer gauges are the shittiest gauges ever. on my buddys talon it would read like 10 in/hg when the motor was off. On my boost gauge it always read off...not to mention they are hideous. I have ac gauges now, and they are more accurate and much better looking

and for all the noobs saying "they are the best cause everyone uses them!!!"

well everyone has altezza tails, and apc parts, does that make them good?

Now I see your point, spend the extra money and get some good guags. Anyone who uses APC anything return it and bring ur car back to stock. I wouldn't be caught dead with an APC symbol in my or anywhere near my car. I still have altezzas but they're not APC. Fuck Pep Boys and APC

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Oct 16 2003, 05:04 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 15 2003, 09:25 PM
autometers suck

If they're so shitty why do a good amountof the professional racers run them?

AGREED!! Thank you! I know MANY people with 1000+ whp cars, and guess what they ALL use... Autometer... I know people with 68 camaros pushing 900whp, 69 nova's with over 800whp, runnin guess what... AUTOMETER... Bottle fed & boostin mustangs, running AUTOMETER gauges...

For those that think they suck, it must be because they aren't JDM... :p <_< :blink:

no, its because they are inaccurate.

muscle car heads are fucking cheap bastards. I know because i know 5 of them. I told them i spent 225 on 1 guage, and they said, FUCK THAT.

Well, I'd rather know for sure what im doing, than a rough guess. And to me, thats more important than 150bucks.

HAHAHAH, I just read the part where you called me a ricer, I guess the atezzas do kinda make me a ricer in a way...Ricers don't have swaps or turbos or in my case a swap and turbo.

Back