Hatch + b18c + jrsc build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here's the video of the night. There are clips of my car mixed in there. Just so you don't have to go through the 6 min video, See my civic at 00:20 for an in car shot against me, 03:00 for the 13.4 run, and 4:00 for an in-car.

watch

Header Install!

After a lot of debating I decided to go with the Kamikaze header instead of a Hytech replica. I found an article on Edyne stating that the Kami is the best for s/c hondas. Its an equal length 4-1 shorty design. I got the 2.5" downpipe in the plain high temp painted finish. $250 bucks aint bad.

When I got the header I wrapped it in some Summit fiberglass header wrap to keep underhood temps down. Man that stuff smokes the first time its heated up.

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

The collector exit was about 5" too short, and it was lacking an 02 bung. Luckly my test pipe has 2 ports (one for the narrow band, one for the wideband). I bolted the test pipe to the header after modifying it a little, and doing some searching for a donut gasket that would fit.

To make the 5" extension, I extended the catback itself. It was really easy because 2.5" piping from summit slips perfectly over the 60mm piping of my catback. I then sealed everything up with my mig welder. Now the exhaust fits better than it did before.

header1.jpg

header2.jpg

exhaustext.jpg

The butt dyno is showing some amazing gains! I think this shows how much the stock 2" header was choking me down. This is really evident from 4-8k under WOT. I think $/hp this is the best investment made so far. Another trip to the strip should verify this as I think I easily gained a few mph.

The only downside to this is that it made a loud car extremely loud. At idle and part throttle it has a nice toned rumble. Under WOT it screams. All the raspyness from before is gone, it is just deafening, especially when behind the car.

looks good...im considering getting a very similar project started after the honeymoon. :) mid 13s is nothing to shake a stick at.

Time to bump up this thread. I found some nice pics of the hatch on my hard drive. These are all from a small UD car meet I went to.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

holy crap that thing is a sleeper.... nice work

Last weekend the civic came out from her winter hibernation. I got bored with the 2.25" skunk2 exhaust. I replaced it with a custom 3" exhaust finished with a Spintech Pro-Street muffler. Rather than piece together the bends, I actually got a cheap ebay 3" exhaust for a civic, hacked off the fart can, and welded up the spintech.

Word to the wise, ebay exhausts ARE NOT direct fit. I had to shorten/lengthen every section to make it fit. Here's a nice video comparing the two systems. Let me know which one sounds better.

YouTube - Supercharged Civic Spintech exhaust

Wow back from the dead...everytime I see this car I miss my teal hatch :(

It's hard to say which "sounds better". I think the 2nd may have sounded better to me...it had a nice low grumble at idle/very low rpms reminiscent of an SRT-4 (dont take offense to that lol) but it screamed on the top end.
Basically it comes down to preference... performance gain over sacrifice of casual driving droning which get's old fast but both of them would do that.

Atleast the 2nd one had a more subtle look which was how my old hatch was, stealthy black muffler vs a fart can.

not sure which is better... but i can say it sounds real damn good in the current state.

Time for an update. Sad to say, but I'm converting the car back to N/A, selling the s/c kit, and the car. Tonight I removed the entire jrsc kit and neatly packeged everything. The only item I'm keeping is the p28 with Hondata S300. The ecu is going to be running my next project: turbo jdm itr ek hatch.

one step in the right direction and 2 back? lol

stupid turbos

Eh I've got the power bug. The jrsc let me put down solid power for DD duties, and did so reliably. Now I have a Maxima for a DD, so my fun car can be less sane. I'm shooting for 400whp. My roommate is building a monster 240sx, and my other friend is stuffing a 6.0 in his s10. I need to stay on top.

I decided to go ek for a few reasons. 1. the car I found has a sweet swap. Better than the gsr in the green civ. 2. this ek is rust free. I hate rust no matter how minor. 3. It looks better, and its a much better engineered car.

Eh I've got the power bug. The jrsc let me put down solid power for DD duties, and did so reliably. Now I have a Maxima for a DD, so my fun car can be less sane. I'm shooting for 400whp. My roommate is building a monster 240sx, and my other friend is stuffing a 6.0 in his s10. I need to stay on top.

I decided to go ek for a few reasons. 1. the car I found has a sweet swap. Better than the gsr in the green civ. 2. this ek is rust free. I hate rust no matter how minor. 3. It looks better, and its a much better engineered car.

nooo, not another JRSC'd car giving in to the snails! you could easily have made more power with that set-up...especially if your only shooting for 400HP, LHT manifold, cam gears, ITR intake cam,and for that itch of a little extra...throw some N02 in the mix not to mention some wieght reduction i.e. CF hood etc.

nooo, not another JRSC'd car giving in to the snails! you could easily have made more power with that set-up...especially if your only shooting for 400HP, LHT manifold, cam gears, ITR intake cam,and for that itch of a little extra...throw some N02 in the mix not to mention some wieght reduction i.e. CF hood etc.

Yes I gave that some thought. The thing is, it's much cheaper to get 400whp via turbo. The jrsc was awesome for what the car's purpose was: be a fast and reliable DD.

i know its a little late, but are you still trying to sell the jrsc??? im trying badley to find one, i dont want to pay msrp it throws me over budget ::gets on knees and preys you still are trying to sell it::

Back