helmet shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
autox season is starting in 3 weeks. i need a helmet since some thug decided to steal mine last year.

i want a full SA2000 approval rating this time around instead of an m2000.

i also don't want to spend 500 bucks, and i don't want a gay plain white d0me cap. which led me to this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7&category=6749

but its a non-name it appears.

thoughts?

I'm not digging it, but it's 200 bucks, and Snell approved. Paint it flat black, y0! I need to buy a helmet, but I dunno about that one--also, what about the sizes?

i really don't care about the colors.... i just don't want a plain-jane whitie like Bell makes.

the auction says he has them in all sizes. he has another listing with 30 available of that model as well. so i dont think that sizing will be an issue.

lmao, get the Eagle Claw skull cap for an additional 4.50!

I would would be warry of a no name on something as important as a helmet. True it is cert. but if it fails your probably not going to be in any shape to be able to do something about it. Get something that is known, rather than gambling.

personally i think the helmet looks pretty cool...

and i dunno about the no name, but hopefully they wouldn;t tag something snell approved if it wasn't?

and i know you don;t want plain white, but what about plain silver?

same seller, silver helmet

Honestly, I agree with projectxspeed. Who cares how "cool" you look with your scull dented because of a no-name helmet. Find a nice Bell, Simspon, Arai or the like and call it a day. Why do you want an SA rated helmet? Auto-x requires only an M rating. If you are going to be doing something that requires an SA rated helmet, you obvously will be going much faster than auto-x speeds in close proximity to objects much harder than traffic cones. IMO, it is better to have a "plain jane" white, safe, and good quality helmet over a 'bling painted piece of crap. *shrug* its your melon :D I figure the $500 is well spent seeing as how it is hard to spend the $500 after you are dead. For safety equipment, I don't even look at the price, whatever it costs, it costs.

yeah, i saw the sliver one... not digging it.

formby, i'm thinking the same thing... and who knows- it MAY be a brand name, he just can't show it or something.. i dont know. i need to do something quick though... or i'm going ot be fucked for autox

get a Bell whitie and sticker the hell out of it...

soloracerdotcom_1826_9715772.gif

remember every sticker = 2 hp

but seriously, that white one looks nice
hondaswap.com stickers

are you gonna use the helmet restraint system?

Helmet includes factory mounting points for the G-FORCE Racing Gear SRS-1 helmet restraint system.

saw something on discovery channel about how a 40 mph accident, i think it was, could send enough force to your head and neck to snap your spine...
and wearing a helmet makes it even more weight and force on your neck...

why buy a M- motorcycle rated helmet when i don't have a motorcycle? i dunno, it doesn't make sense to me. plus, its hopefully going to be with me for 4-5 more years, and i'd like to take the sti on some road courses this year or next... and most places like that require an SA helmet. buying an M and needing an SA just makes for double-spending in the long run... i dunno. i'm running out of time, really. i think im going to pick up the g-force. its a little more than i wanted to spend, but thats what credit cards are for...

Back