help getting part number...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiujitsuwhat

hey friends i have a prob... the piece of hose that connects my pcv to the breather box is broken. i have jumped it with a piece of fuel line to get me by but i cant seem to find the part number to order the damn hose! haha i can find it in the exploded view on any acura parts site but there is never an option for that piece... please help guys! my del sol isnt likeing not having the pcv!

what kinda car you got? i have alot of that info but since i use the same database shops use...including dealers, i need the year make and model of your car. and more importanly i need to know the engine you have. engine year and size will do (like 1990 acura 1.8 DOHC) for example

its a b18b1 out of a 96 integra ls... 1.8 dohc and its a manual trans... they always ask. haha non vtec also! but im pretty sure that its the same part for all b-series. thanks for the help!

as for the hose i know that boostin4fun is right. you just need bulk hose which you buy per foot at autozone. as to you car not liking missing its pcv the oem number for the pcv is 17130PK1003 for the non vtec 1.8 DOHC in the 96 integra LS. trans dont matter

u cant use bulk hose because the diameter changes from one end of the hose to the other... plus it has a grommet type of piece that attaches it to the intake manifold...

if u look at that diagram what i need is labled as number 4... u can see what i mean by it not being a straight piece of hose

so you dont have the grommet? maybe you can get one from autozone in their help section of parts. you might have to cut and modify one but maye it will work. as for the two different sizes on the hose ends, my friend got creative for a school project. he took a reamer tool and reamed one end of a hose of a larger diameterwhich was a thick wall hose. then he took a hose of his smaller size and grindes down the outer wall. then he put the grounded hose end into the reamed hose end using RTV as a glue. later he said if he really thought about it he could have saved a headache by using compressor parts from the hardware store. they have reducers for compressor lines, and couplers like male to male connectors. with the two sizes of hoses put on the male ends of the connector and universal hose clamps clamped on the hose ende he could have gotten the job done. he had a street bike engine on an old go-kart frame thing he modified so you might not be able to use the compressor part method but maybe you can. have you tried the dealer for that hose you need?

all we have locally is a honda dealership and i just wanted to make sure the part numbers matched b4 i ordered it... after looking today it appears to be the same type of used used on all b and d series motors... so ill def contact our local dealer in the morn... just explaining what i need to those guys sometimes is difficult... i have to act like i own a 99 si for them to understand... haha but thank u guys alot. this forum is really helpful and its guys like yall that make it awesome...

and no i dont have it anymore because the car is a 94 delsol and the hose pretty much dry rotted... after pulling the motor because i hydro locked it then rebuilding it and sticking it back in is when i noticed it in pieces... we just cranked it for the first time lastnight... ive had the car for 10 years now and have had 3 motors in it... haha alot of people buy others problems but i create my own! hahaha

you should print the diagram you see here that people posted and tell the dealer you need part number 4 in the diagram for your 96 integra LS. if they ask about the trans it wont matter so tell em your choice on the trans...whatever one you prefer. but from my dealer backround i know what you mean when you go to the dealer and ask for a part in your modified engine car. just act like you have the integra at home or somethin and let em assume you do. but show em the printed diagram and you should be good. if they ask for a vin number tell em you dont know and that you thought the trained professionals would only need the diagram at most to help you. if they still act lost, ask to speak to the best parts guy they have. they hate that but it will get em motivated

If for whatever reason they cant get it let me know. There is a good chance that I have the piece you need laying around in the garage. I eliminated the breather box on my setup with the endyne system. I could mail it to you or something for a couple bucks if you need it and I can find it.

youll never guess what i just found layin in a drawer in my shop....yep-at 11:30pm. i have the tube you need, its a hard plastic. could have been a hose at one time because theres a factory hose clamp on it for the adapter to a larger size but it looks good. i have to wipe off the grease to be sure it aint cracked. you want it? you pay shipping. but its FREE if you want it. found a 5 inch auto meter tach in that drawer too with a shift light. dont remember where that tach came from but the hose came from a 90 integra GS. we did a rebuild on that car and the junk yard short block had a clean hose for the PCV so we didnt use the guys old one, i thought we would have trashed it by now if someone would have cleaned up properly but i guess they hid the trash in that drawer to get out of throwin the trash before they left. i remember we did that car 4 years ago so that tube has been sittin there that long but it aint looken broken. wish people would leave money instead of trash. let me know if you want it still. man i wish i would have known it was there a couple days ago so i could have told you then

thanks bro but i ended up ordering one from the local dealer... i got one from a 99 si and they raped me for 22 bucks! haha oh well... the del sol is much happier now and if anyone ever says that a pcv valve wont make your car run bad they can kiss my ass! haha just got hold of a H23 so wish me luck with that! can u see the H23 built with 150 shot in a gutted crx?! haha

yeah wish i ha found that hose for you earlier. that crx H23 with 150 shot will be awsome but are you gonna try to get all that power on the pavement? i cant imagine it will both hook up and have tires narrow enough to be a good street vehice or daily driver. but i built my mustang for serious street driving or road racing but i drive it like a daily driver when i take it out. its got 200 shot on it and i love to throw random burn-outs and donuts haha :) i'm only sportin 245 tires on the rear and thats not even close to what i really need for the drag strip...if i ever run there. i just like liting em up stop light to stop light :)

Back