HELP!!!!! my civic is dead!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civisedaner

Senior Citizen
so i'm driving and my 1991 civic lx loses power to the motor,I checked the coil and it's fried.should i replace just the coil or get a new dizzy.? #2 also I have power to everything GOOD power but she won't crank over,the starter barely clicks and the main relay is makin' funny noises i replaced it about 7,000 miles ago did it blow up because of the coil??:confused:

I cheacked the battery,we even jumped it off my dads datsun,lights are bright just won't crank and the relay is makin' a funny noise not a click but a buzz sound

yeah its not suppose to buzz just click, so i would try that next

thanks i kinda knew whats f''ed on it,but i like other people's opinions so i don't feel like a lone gunman fixin' my car,iwas going to buy a dizzy off craigslist but i'll buy a new one instead. know of any good brands?? remaufacterers???

get the main relay first, that might fix it all. but other than oem honhda dealer, ive had good luck with distributor king, off of ebay

Check your grounds. Often times a relay buzzing or whining is a sign of a bad ground or a bad computer. Also for a distributor look into rich porter technologies (RPT) I have had good luck with there products.over the last 5 years I have installed about 30 of them into my own cars and my customers cars and have only had to warranty out 1 unit.

thanks man!,anyways it turned out to be a bad battery and fried coil.I found a rich porter dizzy on a car in the junkyard,it was the only dizzy that look new/good (coil not fried)and i got it for $25 bucks!

Back