House rebuild thread #23569903

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Welp, got the money, cashed out some of it, and went on a shopping spree. Going to try to get the garage ready for some siding, build up a shed and get it ready for some siding, and get some other stuff cleaned up and ready for some major renovations. :)

So far the Garage received a new 4.3 gal mini fridge...so now I have cold beer finally...:ph34r: And I'm making a space in a wall for an A/C....(still got to buy) And I'm looking at a Millermatic Mig welder 140 w/auto set...:ph34r:

But for the Garage, I bought a new door, and locks...so finally my shit can be locked up. It matches the house, and it's the widest I can find that matches the other doors and windows, I've already installed on the house. That todays project...and it's already done...:D

Then the sheathing...I cheaped out and just got OSB, since normal plywood is now $16 a sheet..., but it will be sided soon, so it should hold up. I did go all out and picked up 4x4's, and 2x4's out the ass, all pressure treated. :D

Got some sono tubes, 14 bags of concrete, yard cloth, 10 bags of ceder mulch, 3 bottles of vegitation killer, 3 bottles of bug killer, some more tools, and a ton of wood brakets....I hope to have a shed done by this time next week. All I need to do is get some roofing tar paper, and some shingles.

Damn rain....ohh well...I got to clean up the garage some tonight....

some pics if your bored...

HELOC - REBUILD

updating the post to add the "why me???" posts...

Got tons of shit done.....well...about 2.5 tons....:D

Got another siding guy coming tomorrow at 2PM to give me another estimate, I went shopping again today and bought the rest of the shed's materials....and other crap for the house....$1800 and will be delivered Thursday. Got most of the pavers laid, then picked up, and relaid to get the perfect angle that will match the walkway from the house to the driveway, and then from the house to the garage....and it's finally looking decent. had to buy another pallet today to just do the the section to the garage....90 stones in a pallet..and about 5 will break. $5 each. Got the basement torn apart to start it's rebuild, and tomorrow one of the bedrooms will get stripped...

DSC00390.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

DSC00393.JPG

DSC00395.JPG

and more in the gallery...I'm still uploading....

HELOC - REBUILD

nice. beats the mud path :D

what are you going to do for the half cirlce ends? cut some in half? or leave it jagged?

Oil tank has left the building.....

aib.jpg

DSC00418.JPG

:ph34r:

I switched to gas when I moved in....that was the second home improvement thread.... first one was the mitersaw and bench for the basement...

Back