Hurricane Irene

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Weather . com is reporting three deaths in NC so far.
Fatalities: Three deaths have been confirmed relating to Irene. A man died in Nashville, N.C. after a tree branch fell on him, another is dead in a vehicle crash in Pitt County and a third died in Onslow County after he had a heart attack while boarding up his house in preparation for the storm.
I guess you can be TOO prepared.

still just rain here.

12am -10am is supposed to the bad rain
8am - 2pm is supposed to be the bad wind

clear skies by dinner time to see the aftermath before nightfall

you have 24 hours to evac. if you're going to do it, do it now, or plan to wait it out.

do you have food/water for a couple weeks? it may be that long before you find a place selling again.

Yeah well im still here. Im watching UFC right now...Brazilian top team and Chuteboxe are back to life.

Anybody from southern/ south western Jersey? we got tornado warnings now and I heard one touched down somewhere over there, like 20 minutes from my house. But i walked outside and it was barely even raining and I'm right on the water.

Lots of rain here, and occasional gusts to maybe 40-50mph. Supposedly us here in eastern mass are gonna be spared the heaviest rain - but I guess the wind is gonna still be a factor.

Still have power here, I am surprised because few heavy thunderstorms with heavy wind gust have done some damage. Its windy but haven't seen any huge gusts yet and a ton of rain. Got a few branches down in the yard. I am hoping that the Farmington River doesn't flood.
Its been down graded to a tropical storm now.

i didnt see much of anything on my way to work this morning
power was on at my house and i didnt see any power outages on my way in
rivers were running high but i didnt see any flooding
couple small branches down on the roads i was on

friend of mine lost power and had a decent size branch come down in his yard

from looking at the maps the rain should be pretty much over in another 2 hours or so
winds will pick up a bit towards the end of the rain
should be pretty much done with this by 2pm

storm is losing strength and moving faster

:shrug2:

We lost power around 10:30am

Still raining pretty good, I hear the big wind gusts but haven't seen anything large come down...I'll be venturing out a bit later

I'm going to hire someone to pick up all the branches and leaves in my yard.

We didn't lose power at my house, three voltage drops though. No real issues here besides leaves and small branches.

yeahy, lame storm.

took out my garden though. just about everything is snapped at the base :(

jeef, your evac notice is in

Police: Residents In Parts Of Farmington Urged To Evacuate - CTnow

i lost a tree about an hour ago. after the storm was over. wtf.
295970_10150297615500606_501130605_7773407_6440260_n.jpg

Back