hx mani good idea bad idea??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As most of you know I am building my own junkyard fankenstein turbo setup.
The question is I am currently using a california hx manifold with an adaptor plate to a rebuilt subaru loyale turbocharger really the only question now is is that hx maniflold a good manifold to run Its been proted and polished to fit my d16z6 and being a cast manifold I think it should hold up fine but any thoughts or suggestions will be read, considered and appreciated

its ok, Id rather run an aftermarket companys manifold, just because they are ment for turbos, and they usually look better.

If you get it ina sand cabnet then paint it with some high temp black paint it looks pretty good. The thing is if your doing a junkyard turbo that is what you use. It holds up nice but it will eventualy crack due to the heat I would use it at first and while its on look for a nice new one. That way you can judge for your self how it is so if someone askes you got some experience with it to tell them whats up. :thumbsup:

its a good DIY way, but there's 12312312's of manifolds that will out flow it and look better doing it.

Back