I hate the Lakers!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TMoney@Jun 9 2004, 12:27 AM
When it comes down to it nothing really matters on how each team plays because the fuckin NBA is gonna rig the shiet like they do every year so that Malone and Payton can get their damn rings and finally retire. Its gonna happen that way no matter who deserves it most because the NBA is all about money and if the Lakers win again and keep their dynasty going it attracts more viewers because americans love dynastys! <----hench more money for the NBA.......Remember always follow the money trail.

I suggest you attempt to remove your head from your ass, your conspiracy theories are worthless. The Lakers are going to win (hopefully ;) ) because they are a better team. Im not even going to offer a rebuttal to your useless argument, it would be unnecessary. Also, get off the "buying the best players" bandwagon. The Lakers payroll is only 7th largest in the NBA. End of story.

And for the 4,000,000th time, of COURSE Payton and Malone want a NBA ring. It's the lifetime goal for ANY professional basketball player. Christ, this isn't quantum physics.

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 9 2004, 12:14 AM
Detroit is still making it a great series. When was the last time the Lakers were kept under 100 in 4 quearters, let alone overtime? Detroit won one in LA, I'm satifsfied...Back to the Palace, woo woo.

Correct, I was thinking that it was gonna be a blowout, and i'm glad its not. :)

It makes for much better games. On to game 3. :thumbsup:

i pray the lakers have no chance in Detroit

Well, Lakers win game 2, and you Lakers fans can't tell me that you were not shitting your pants that last 4th quarter. I see the Lakers loses 2 and winning 1 in Detroit, I still say Pistons in 7, but Rasheed can not get two fouls in the first half like he has been. The Pistons have held the Lakers down, without one of their point scorers and rebounders. But where are these bench guy's coming from, first Karim Rush and now Luke Wilson, WTF? Also, Hamilton needed to make a few of those shots in overtime, hopefully that is the only bad game that he will have.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 9 2004, 02:14 PM
Well, Lakers win game 2, and you Lakers fans can't tell me that you were not shitting your pants that last 4th quarter. I see the Lakers loses 2 and winning 1 in Detroit, I still say Pistons in 7, but Rasheed can not get two fouls in the first half like he has been. The Pistons have held the Lakers down, without one of their point scorers and rebounders. But where are these bench guy's coming from, first Karim Rush and now Luke Wilson, WTF? Also, Hamilton needed to make a few of those shots in overtime, hopefully that is the only bad game that he will have.

Um, I think you mean Luke Walton, not Wilson. But yes, he was having the night of his career. Bill Walton must be proud. :)

But the one who turned the game around, was Kobe. Its almost like when he wants to dominate, he does, and nobody will stop him.

Fortunately for Detriot, B. Wallace is a rebounding fool.

Oops, yea I meant Walton, brain fart or something. But Ben Wallace had some bad ass boards, especially the one he came down with one hand, and dunked it back in. Ben and Rasheed, if he can play more minutes, are going to be the reason that the Lakers will lose, I bet if Rasheed hadn't sat 10 for 15 minutes in the first half, the Lakers would have lost again.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jun 2 2004, 12:47 AM
I'm a Laker fan but i too get annoyed when they play half-assed. As far as shaq depending on his size, do you want him to start playing on his knees and lose a hundred pounds?! give me a break. it's not his fault he's bigger than everyone else. does shaq complain when he takes hard ass fouls and the refs let it go because he's that big and he could take it? he's not the most talented, but he sure is the smartest when it comes to him using what he knows people can't stop...his size. Sorry but Detroit has no chance at beating the lakers. the Lakers do not deserve another ring, but they are going to get it, plain and simple. if championships were based on heart and desire...i'd give it to any other team than the lakers. Lakers in 4! and that's with a straight face.

I wish I would have seen this sooner I would have taken that bet anyday. Lakers in 4 BITCH PLEASE.

Summary of the game so far: both teams missing nearly all layups and tip-ins, and on top of that its a turnover fest :thumbsdown:

Well the Pistons win... by a lot, so take THAT Kobe. Kobe was shut down like no other, and Hamilton had a great game. Granted it was sloppy basketball, but no matter how bad the Lakers play, they should never be held below 70 points with the squad they have. The Pistons played awesome defense, and the Lakers once again lose. Hmmm... funny how everybody, even sports journalists said that the Pistons didn't stand a chance, especially after game 2, well all I have to say is TAKE THAT L.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when 100% offense, 0% defense meets 100% defense. In the Western Conference, no one plays d, so the scores get into triple digits all the time. (Last year, the Mavs-Kings scored about 300 points combined in a 2 OT game.) The Eastern Conference playoffs SUCK, but when East-West meet, it's usually pretty good.

A very sloppy game of basketball...LA cannot do anything about detroit's defense. They arent used to playing teams like this.

With Big Ben under the hoop Shaq cant just stroll in for an easy dunk like he usually does.

Plain and simple, the Lakers need more than Shaq, and if the Pistons shut down Kobe the rest of the series, like the did tonight, there is nobody on the Lakers team that can help out enough, it just won't happen.

Malone = Too old
Payton = Too old
George = Choke
Fischer = Lucky
Rush = Good in college, but something is missing
Everybody else = SUCKS!!

All in all without Kobe AND Shaq the Lakers are nothing, they need both players in order to win games, and tonight proved that they can't do it.

Lakers = PWNED

this has been the most interested i've ever been in basketball, i hate the lakers so much it's awesome to see them completely DOMINATED by a team that was slated to be swept...Lakers in 4...more like Pistons in 5 :worthy:

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jun 13 2004, 11:33 PM
DETROIT 3-1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DETROIT :worthy:

:werd: I watched the last few minutes of the game tonight. The lakers couldn't hit those 3 pointers worth shit.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jun 14 2004, 05:44 AM-->
integraslut78
@Jun 13 2004, 11:33 PM
DETROIT 3-1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DETROIT :worthy:

:werd: I watched the last few minutes of the game tonight. The lakers couldn't hit those 3 pointers worth shit.

in the second quarter, I think that the pistons only scored 1 non free throw for like 7 minutes. Pistons were making the lakers foul them and did a great job at it.

I hate the Lakers and I want Detroit to win.....but I feel bad for Karl Malone. He's a great player (future Hall of Famer in my book), a hard worker, and if it wasn't for MJ he would have 1 maybe 2 ring already and still be in Utah. I guess the same can be said for Gary Payton......

But anyway, the mofo who owns detroit Pistons, also owns the Tampa Bay Lightning, and the WNBA team in LA that won the title last year. That old bastards gonna be swimming in cash for the last 5yrs of his life.

Well, I guess I was wrong. I said Pistons in 7 looks like Pistons in 5. It really should be over, but Kobe made that shot in game 2 and the Pistons played like shit in OT. Oh well, I am still worried that the Pistons will lose tomorrow and be forced to play in LA. The good news is that history is on there side. No team in Finals history, has come back to win the series from a 3-0 deficet(SP?) FUCK THE LAKERS!!

Back