JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and lol we already know the ebay turbos are great and quality checked like 10 times and balanced 3 times before leaving dan says, these bad boys came all the way overseas from China its got to be qualittyyyy

I have seen mixed reviews on the china turbos. Some are trash and some hold up for 20k+ miles.

The reason I asked about psi levels bcuz every tuner I talk to says not to run more than 10 psi of boost and then says you can push it to 12 if you want but thats it as long as the tune is solid

I know that different turbos make different power at same boost pressure bcuz of cfm.

I get that.

If it blows up I will just buy another b20b block

And I am tuning with hondata.

Which I have a couple of questions about.

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of using boost by gear?

Verses full boost in each gear?

How much is power affected using either ect....

I have searched on it and found a little info and I still dont have a good understanding of it

Boost by gear is mostly for traction. If you make big power you'll spin through first and second from a dig before being able to actually put it down effectively in 3rd.

Boost by gear is mostly for traction. If you make big power you'll spin through first and second from a dig before being able to actually put it down effectively in 3rd.
yea what he said beat me to it, let's take it one step at a time but get a quality turbo kit put together and tune then add boost by gear

I believe I have posted pictures of everything I've bought.

The rest of my parts are being delivered today and tomorrow.

I have a time set for the dyno. I should be getting the car dynoed at 6:30pm Friday est.

Once I do I will post pics with numbers and a video.

I'm getting a slim radiator fan thursday and bolting my a/c up. Too hot in florida to ride without a/c

Ok thats what I thought.

Thanks for explaining that.

I am having a dilemma right now.

I bought some brand new smartfire 550cc injectors for $100

But I can't find any injector o rings that will fit the injector and the manifold.

Went to 3 parts stores with no luck.

Anyone have any idea's?

Also I am working on my motor right now. It has old paper gasket and I'm trying to get it off the intake ports. So I can install my hondata thermal shield gasket

I've sprayed it 3 times with break cleaner. No luck so far.

Can it be torched off?

I soaked it down several times with brake cleaner and oven cleaner and it finally started softening up.

I got about 90% of it off. I'm going back with a gasket removal tool to get the left over pieces

My fuel upgrades and turbo kit are going to be here today.

Almost done getting all my parts and bolting them on.

I hope I get everything done by Friday.

I would've waited a little longer to schedule your tuning appointment. It typically takes a few tries to get everything right after doing a build like this - I speak from experience. I do wish you the best of luck!

Okay not a single other post in this thread about what you going to do to it till we see all this shit you bought and the turbo on

LoL ok.

We are ganna try to get everything bolted on tonight. We have a ton of work to do.

I have everything I've ordered except for my torque mounts and fuel upgrades. Those are coming tomorrow but thats easy to bolt on.

I can't wait yall. I am so excited. I just hope my motor holds together and nothing breaks while were tuning.

I've got thousands of dollars on my motor.

When I get my tax return I'm ganna build the head. I got a local shop thats ganna do everything for $1500

Stainless valves, PnP, titanium springs+retainers, lockers, seals ect ect ect.

Tomorrow I'm taking my valve cover to get vented and powder coated.

Only problem is that I dont have the catch can yet....

Build the bottom end, not the head. Stock VTEC heads are good for much more than you're going to try and make with this build.
lol yea I know guys with high horsepower drag cars in the 10s and have stock heads

most tuners stop at 10psi because of the stock map sensor not being able to read higher than that. if you want more than 10, you need a 3-bar map and a tune that accounts for it's voltage range.

the head won't blow up.
the block will.

spend your money where it actually matters.

Ok good point. I already have a 4 bar map sensor.

And it's taking a lot longer to put everything on that I originally thought it what it's taking way longer than I thought it was goong to take
we had to go get some bolts because the bolts weren't long enough to mount the intake manifold and the hondata gasket to the block so everything's on hold for right now I gotta cancel the dyno session tomorrow and reschedule it for next week and hopefully I can get everything done by next week I have more parts that haven't shown up yet as well that's another issue I'm facing it also so I guess I'm just going to take it slow until I get everything done and then scheduled the dyno and go from there I don't know what else to do at this point other than that.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback and assistants and then put on the thread thank you for everything I guess that's what I'll do is build the bottom in first and then build the head later that's probably the smart way to go anyway

And then I can turn the boost to 30psi if I want

lol you need to find out what internals are in the motor before I even thought about deciding how much boost to run, cancel dyno tune you have alot to do and get running and work bugs out before can be tuned, you need EVERY SINGLE ENGINE SENSOR working and hooked up and the turbo system on the car working superrr low boost before it thinks about getting dropped off with a tuner, you bring them some shit with have the stuff unplugged because you have the sensors "turned off" (which isnt a real thing) they are going to laugh at you and tell you to get it right and bring it back, also you need to be taking pictures and documenting work being done thats half the fun, and wait hold up scratching head now soo the car was running and radiator "exploded" then you took it all back apart just to head/block to put a turbo on it ? and dont you still have traction bars etc to install too ? you need to be posting work getting put in and progress pics up because this is getting fishy again

even if real , buts cheap $40 free shipping header, brags about it, few days later throws it in trash for cheap ebay turbo setup ? im doubting all this again, what turbo did you end up going with ?

Back