JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ya I know what you mean bro. Originally I was ganna go N/A for a while but I had the money and said screw it, I'm going turbo.

I tell you man this hobby way more expensive than I thought.

And about the sensors. I have them unplugged. And its mainly just the O2 sensors. I'ma go to the junkyard and wire some in.

I had to clock the turbo it came in all setup completely wrong SMH!!!

Thats what I get for ordering an ebay turbo kit I guess. And the cast iron turbo manifold is chipped in a couple of places where they took too much off. I've added pictures for dramatics.

Anyways as for the motor my other money is going to be here soon so I'm thinking about building the entire motor top and bottom and then calling it a day.

Screw whats $5k more dollars to know my motor is going to handle the power and the boost.

That way I can run 25-30lbs of boost which is what I wanted anyways.

I tell you man. This is turning into a racecar and not a street car.

All the parts n shit I got for it. Damn.

This is a way bigger project than I originally thought but I'm going to finish it cuz I already started in some money into it so I'm going to get it to the Finish Line because I want to see the results especially all the hard work and the money I put into it I can't wait for it to be completely done so we will see what the results are once I'm finished but oh my gosh the parts ain't coming in on time I get crappy parts from people I order parts from and then on top of that then I get to the point where I need to put everything on that I ain't got the right bolts cuz I need longer bolts for everything to both Poland properly it's been one paint a pain in the ass after another I swear however I'm excited and I'm remain positive because I want to see what the end results going to be hopefully the motor don't blow up after all this hard work and effort I put into it and money on top of that cuz I was sunk a lot of money into this car weigh more than I originally thought I was going to sink into it but it is what it is and you know I wanted to run properly and be completely built and ready to go so I'm going to do what I got to do to make it happen however I still got a long ways to go it's probably going to take me two or three more weeks for it to be finished at least so I'm going to email the people with the Dino and let him know that it's going to be a little bit longer than expected and then reschedule it and let him know that we're going to dyno once everything's completely done I learned my lesson there and you never know what you're going to come across so things happen out of your control and I tell you it's been a long lesson for me and all I know is I wouldn't be able to do it without my friends helping me and without Charles input I really appreciate everyone that contributed to my building to what I'm doing and I really appreciate all the advice and everything so but anyway I was probably going to be about two more weeks before I get to take it to the dyno before everything's complete I'm going to get myself an extra week just in case so we'll see what happens but thanks again and I'll keep you updated on where we're at I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow cuz I'm going to be working on my car tomorrow and I'll take a couple pictures and show you guys were at so far hopefully all of my other parts will come in tomorrow which will help and once I get my rest of my parts and I get a few more bolts and I need the bolts on the header and both on the intake manifold then we'll actually be able to make the real progress so hopefully tomorrow will actually have some progress to you post about anyway I'll let you guys know as things go by alright

4ac4ac277bc7d1aafeef3dc08054237b.jpg

This is a way bigger project than I originally thought but I'm going to finish it cuz I already started in some money into it so I'm going to get it to the Finish Line because I want to see the results especially all the hard work and the money I put into it I can't wait for it to be completely done so we will see what the results are once I'm finished but oh my gosh the parts ain't coming in on time I get crappy parts from people I order parts from and then on top of that then I get to the point where I need to put everything on that I ain't got the right bolts cuz I need longer bolts for everything to both Poland properly it's been one paint a pain in the ass after another I swear however I'm excited and I'm remain positive because I want to see what the end results going to be hopefully the motor don't blow up after all this hard work and effort I put into it and money on top of that cuz I was sunk a lot of money into this car weigh more than I originally thought I was going to sink into it but it is what it is and you know I wanted to run properly and be completely built and ready to go so I'm going to do what I got to do to make it happen however I still got a long ways to go it's probably going to take me two or three more weeks for it to be finished at least so I'm going to email the people with the Dino and let him know that it's going to be a little bit longer than expected and then reschedule it and let him know that we're going to dyno once everything's completely done I learned my lesson there and you never know what you're going to come across so things happen out of your control and I tell you it's been a long lesson for me and all I know is I wouldn't be able to do it without my friends helping me and without Charles input I really appreciate everyone that contributed to my building to what I'm doing and I really appreciate all the advice and everything so but anyway I was probably going to be about two more weeks before I get to take it to the dyno before everything's complete I'm going to get myself an extra week just in case so we'll see what happens but thanks again and I'll keep you updated on where we're at I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow cuz I'm going to be working on my car tomorrow and I'll take a couple pictures and show you guys were at so far hopefully all of my other parts will come in tomorrow which will help and once I get my rest of my parts and I get a few more bolts and I need the bolts on the header and both on the intake manifold then we'll actually be able to make the real progress so hopefully tomorrow will actually have some progress to you post about anyway I'll let you guys know as things go by alright

This might be the longest post without a single piece of punctuation or formatting.

Heres some pics of my progress so far.

I got the solid motor mounts in, I got the traction bar on and I got m hondata thermal shield and skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body on. And I have the tps sensor and map sensor mounted on the throttle body.

I am finally making some progress. I had to go to a wire wheel to clean the intake ports got that done and I had to get the bolts for the intake and exhaust side. So now I can get back to taking everything off and bolting on my new stuff.

I also included a pic of my civic si gauge cluster too. I got it for $180 on craigslist

Heres the pics:

Attachments

• 20170203_213115.jpg
    20170203_213115.jpg
    988.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 20170203_213112.jpg
    20170203_213112.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • 20170203_213108.jpg
    20170203_213108.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • 20170203_213045.jpg
    20170203_213045.jpg
    853.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20170203_213037.jpg
    20170203_213037.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20170203_213024_001.jpg
    20170203_213024_001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
Here's some more pics. Just pulled the header.

Plus I already have a metal exhaust port gasket.

I'm ganna clean it lightly with wire brush and paper towels and reuse it.

Instead of using the paper one that came with the turbo kit

By the way heres a pic of the turbo. I had to clock it becuz it was all turned wrong

Attachments

• 20170203_215047.jpg
    20170203_215047.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • 20170203_215110.jpg
    20170203_215110.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 139
  • 20170203_215104.jpg
    20170203_215104.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 143
  • 20170203_215115.jpg
    20170203_215115.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
Here's the turbo

Attachments

• 20170203_215440.jpg
    20170203_215440.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • 20170203_215442.jpg
    20170203_215442.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
  • 20170203_215451.jpg
    20170203_215451.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 20170203_215505.jpg
    20170203_215505.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • 20170203_215513.jpg
    20170203_215513.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 134
Heres a couple more pics.

The oil feed fitting broke. I have to order a new one. And I need an extra long brass fitting so that my oil feed line doesn't hit the header.

I tell you what. This is a lot harder and more tedious then I originally thought. Cheapo Ebay turbo kits is a PITA!!!

The clearances on everything is absolutely horrible. I am going to make it work. I've come this far. I'm about 50% there. I have the turbo finally bolted to the manifold but I had to force it because there wasn't enough room to tighten the bolt but I got it done.

I have the turbo clocked exactly where it needs to be finally. That was hard because it took a lot of guess work. I've had to take the manifold but of been 50 times tonight to test fit everything and get it just right.

And as I was making progress and was about to do the oil return line the oil feed fitting on the turbo broke. So now I am stopped dead in my tracks pretty much until I can order a new fitting. I emailed greg at go-autoworks. I'm ganna get him to overnight me one and couple other fittings too and gaskets.

I have learned my lesson though. I will never buy another ebay turbo kit again. I see what you mean as far as buying quality parts and you get what you pay for I suppose.

At this point though I just need another fitting and then I'm ganna get an extended brass fitting to go up and through the header so that my oil feed line doesn't touch the header and melt the line. After that I'm ganna hook up the oil return and then bolt on the intercooler and all the piping and then at that point I can go tune it.

Still waiting on my fuel pressure regulator and my torque mounts. But thats it. Almost done everyone. I am getting close.

But heres the pic

Attachments

• 20170204_043447.jpg
    20170204_043447.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Alright so I'm having greg overnight some fittings and some heat wrap to me.

Should be here monday and then I can get back to bolting everything on.

Tonight I'm ganna bolt up the return line and drain the oil and bolt up my new moroso pan.

While I have the oil pan off I'm ganna snap a couple pics too try and see what internals it has.

Then after I have that bolted up I'm ganna bolt on all the piping, couplers and intercooler. And finish bolting up the manifold.

I just won't be able to start the car until I get the fuel pressure regulator and my new fittings and gaskets.

wait till that cast turbo spools up and explodes... lol I told you to steer farr away from a fleabay turbo kit but you wouldnt listen lol...

Ok so not to my surprise the bottom end is stock.

I dropped the oil pan last night to put my moroso pan on and while I have the stock pan off I looked up into the motor through the slits in the girdle. And far as I can see everything looks stock.

I did have some concerns though.

I found countless beach sand size metal shinning in the oil and I counted about 5 needle size metal shavings in the pan.

Should I be worried or is this normal wear and tear?

Oh and while I had the intake manifold and exhaust manifold off I looked at the valves and they have carbon caked on man.

I'm talking some heavy heavy carbon deposits.

Whats the best way to clean the motor out safely before tuning?

oh look what did I say all along ;) sorry but I gotta call it lol and wire brush what you can and metal shavings is common get a magnetic drain bolt and if by next oil change lots of metal probbb time for rod bearings

yeah, get a mag drain plug, and change the oil every 500 miles for a bit until it clears up. if it doesn't, you are probably wearing down a bearing or one of the piston rings is doing bad things

lol remember when I said revving it 9000 rpm + was a bad idea and it didnt make power that high and was bad for it ? all im saying is metal shavings lol and remember when I said it was probably just a stock motor thats been revved to the moon countless times that was beat on by the guy who built it, beat on by the guy he sold it to, and now its made it to you, im reallyyyyyy not trying to be a dick here but im just going back when I told you that when you buy motors like this dont believe 99.9% of the hype its made out to be to you
11879197.jpg

LoL. Ya I know.

Should I rebuild the block with forged internals and replace everything before boosting it or you think it will be ok for a little while?

id personally drive it N/A and see if it knocks a little metal shavings could be nothing , if anything you could still just drop the oil pan and cradle and pop new rod bearings in and keep rolling and would be fine , you arent going to be running the amount of boost you want to with a stock bottom end

Back