JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and yes spend money on the bottom end dont waste your time building the head they flow plenty for your application

Marginal at best. There are plenty of 500+ whp builds running a stock VTEC head.

I have another issue I keep running into also.

Does anyone know the correct part number for a B20b dip stick tube and dip stick???

I need both. Mine is falling apart and I need a new dip stick and dip stick tube.

I tried ordering from honda using a 97 honda crv but they said they can't order it.

I can't find it anywhere.

And I'm afraid if I order it from ebay I will get the wrong part.

Any ideas?

How do I know its the right one though. They all look the same. I tried ordering it from honda but they no longer carry it for whatever reason

So I was talking to Stan (guy that builds motors and has local machine shop)

He told me he can put forged eagle rods, eagle pistons, bearings, wrist pins, polish the crank, block guard, and PnP the head, stainless valves, springs, retainers, and port match my intake manifold, and balance the rotating assembly all for about $3500.

I will have the money in about 2 weeks.

I think thats a pretty fair price for everything.

And that will enable me to run 9k rpms without worrying about over revving it.

Those metal shavings have me really worried that I'm ganna spin a bearing or something and then throw a rod and then my block will be trash.

So you guys think I should just wait have the block built and then boost it?

Since I'm so close to having the money anyway?

This Thread is getting old fast LOL every single day you write a paragraph on what you think you want to do or ask what you should do you have no reason they spend that much on the bottom and no reason to turn 30 PSI boost you are not building a sport front wheel drive drag car and you don't need a $3,500 bottom end with a cheap eBay turbo that is going to grenade, if you have $3,500 cash get your Civic running na and sell it and buy something nice already fast

1. My car is paid for. 2.$3k is not a lot of money. 3. I don't want to buy anything else. I am happy with what I have and want to build it. 4. I have not decided. I might end up racing it at the track. I don't know. That why I rather do it right from the beginning and build it.

And 5. I wasn't asking your opinion on if I should keep the car or not.....

I'd build the block before turbocharging. You will want more power and you will be salty if you're restrained by the stock (and apparently tired) bottom end.

and you dont have to spend $3500 building the block, use your block , rebore .5mm over, polish crank $100 , nice .5 mm over pistons+rings $250 nice hbeam rods $250 , bearings $125 , balance and shortblock assembly $700ish (prob less) and done, stock head and arp head studs and done , and 3k isnt shit but sell your car for 2k and you have $5000 , you can buy lots of nice faster used cars for 5k, not like you are going to listen to any advice given in here anyways

I mean im doing a full build dohc zc , rebore, pistons+rods, stock crank, port and polished head, arp head bolts , regrind cams, stock valves with new springs, balanced , every bearing and gasket and seal replaced, new oil pan, 4-1 header, new timing belt/wp/op and im under 2k into it... including buying the clutch and transmission
received_10154998599046100.jpeg

Last edited:
Back