Local Rice Picture Thread?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So if you have a fast piece of shit rice patty can you still rev up and do burn outs at stoplights?? :ph34r:

lol well..... Sure why not. Who knows you might attract the attention of someone driving a domestic and smoke him. My main problem is that people on the outside (V-8 die hards that think 4cyls can't be quick.) Don't know the difference between a "tuner" and a "ricer". The same people usually dont know the difference between a Chevy Cavalier and a Civic Si. All they see or here is a 4cyl. That's what gets me.

lol some of the first page stuff looks like that stupid beaner shit they do to cars. there was this beaner kid around in my old town, he had a pontiac pos something or other, Before the sunfire. Anyway He took the stock spoiler off, took a 2x4 and wrapted it in aluminum foil, then bolted the stock spoiler and that T-Foil board on the car. and he was so dead serious that it was cool when he was the only one.

I looked at that link to rice pics thread thingy. they dont know what rice is.

There was a fox body vert with a cowl hood and cobra rims and they called that rice, there was a clean v6 stang(gray colored I think) rice, there was a superduty they called rice cause someone had one of them American flags stickered on the front of the truck, That's patriotic.

I stopted looking after page 5 or so cause they kept posting stuff that illegal beaners do to cars and generall other crap. They called a frame laying mini truck rice.

Last edited:
lol well..... Sure why not. Who knows you might attract the attention of someone driving a domestic and smoke him. My main problem is that people on the outside (V-8 die hards that think 4cyls can't be quick.) Don't know the difference between a "tuner" and a "ricer". The same people usually dont know the difference between a Chevy Cavalier and a Civic Si. All they see or here is a 4cyl. That's what gets me.

i got a bud who owns an 06 gto. one thing is that he has lots of power. another thing he has is lots of weight. i think he told me around 4400 lbs. a sub compact usually comes in around 22-2500 lbs. half the weight-half the cylinders. a compact may not have the power, but with half the money used to buy or spend on a v-8 they can be made hella fast. i, like u, wish muscle car freaks would understand this.

i love power-to-weight!

Well, some of us do understand that. I have both V-8(1968 firebird) and imports(honda civic, mazda miata). It to me has nothing to do with power but the love of the older car styles of the 50's and 60's. Yes, for less money my honda will do faster times but nothing compares to classic american muscles cars.

that is a true story...im probably gonna pick up a new v8 at the beginning of the year. I love the feeling of putting your foot down and feeling muscle behind you....like some just rear ended you with an 18 wheeler. Its a great sensation.

I also love my S2000, its almost as fast as a GTO (an 04 at least). It just doesnt have the same sense of power as the GTO does even though they are just as fast. There really is just something to be said for raw power rather than innovative engineering.

I used to get tons of shit for this, rice grinder name calling, V8 trucks try to smoke you (and them damn dodge diesels!) and the only thing I hated was the front bumper, it scraped on EVERYTHING!

it had a bit of work on it though, light flywheel, stg. 2 clutch, shaved decked and thin head gasket, and when I got it the ugliest wing in the world, was trying to come up on a stock front bumper, but the baby girl came too quick and had to let the sol go, I regret it to this day.

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

001-5.jpg

I dont know if a ricer is any kind of car or what, new to all this.
But the funny thing is, I had a little street race with my 91 civic HB stock. I am talking 90 hp here. Yes there was a big can, which i didnnt mind but I had just picked it up.
SO anyways this cocky kid, with an Eagle Talon, older style say 91 or 92 is parked in a parking lot with neons on. No body kit or anything. Not lowered, nothing visual. I laugh with a bud and keep driving. About thirty mins later he pulls up to me and asks me for a little drag. Now i live on the praries so its flat for miles haha. No traffic around either at night. Anyways on with this race, I said what ever shits and giggles. Now the problem is, I for some reason dont have 2nd gear. Mesh screwed up, so I have to high rev in first go to third. And well at the end lets say I was right with him for about 1/8 mile i would guess. I slowed finally because I was laughing to hard. Now I think thats a ricer. Said he had a turbo, because of that year they all have the hump in the hood. I laughed and still do to this day.

Another funny thing I always see. Up here the big aftermarket ricers are the neons. Same story with a neon with a body kit and junk. Funny stuff when it comes to ricers. Hope I can get some picks up soon.

ive kept up with an eclipse with a fart can. (i drive an aveo) it was kinda funny cus in theory arent they supposed to be kinda quick? but anyways, i pull up behind him and i doint really expect to race but dude takes off like a bat out of hell-big whoop. i continue on and again at another light i get behind him. this time i was like hhhmmmm should i try, or should i just let him be a douche??? what to do? i decided to to try (if he was gonna take off like hot shit again) and see if i could at least keep up. so when the light turned green-he took off and i gave pursuit. i stayed steady on him and never lost much ground. it was interesting. this is when all i had was a SRI. everything else was bone stock on my car. that was rice. and in essence i will admit that i too, consider my car rice as well as i said previously in another post.

ive kept up with an eclipse with a fart can. (i drive an aveo) it was kinda funny cus in theory arent they supposed to be kinda quick?

It depends on the model. If it was one of the non-turbo versions, then they're not all that quick, probably pretty comparable to an LS Integra.

It depends on the model. If it was one of the non-turbo versions, then they're not all that quick, probably pretty comparable to an LS Integra.

or it had a sohc. those things are slower than dogshit.

buddy of mine used to have a sohc 93 eclipse. i dropped it from 4th to second and all it did was get louder. didnt speed up at all. stupid little cars.

Back