look at my project car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do those civics run price wise?
this car has damn near everything new and upgraded. almost like new car. but i think its worth more . thats my opinion!!

get a nice oem 2dr 92-00 civic or a nice oem GSR 94-01

try to get one with out any upgrades

time for HEROES

Last edited:
well see how much cash this pos brings me in the future, ill let you know how much i got, then i know how much i got to work with. even then after buying stock car, it will need suspension and other mods to complete the car for track. Motor is not an issue

you not telling me whats wrong with what i got . you keep saying that there is no aerodynamics. so what i got isnt as good as stock huh. and like i said the f22 isnt staying in my car . show me some pics of your car so i can see what aerodynamics looks like on a car .and with the h22 built to hold 20lbs of boost that i will be installing w/turbo in the near future. my mechanic said that i should push 450,500 hp. still dont think that will get me there ????? and with power weight ratio. i should be just fine... what body kit do you recommend for my car that will exceed all of your aerodynamics regulations for exceeding 150mph. plz let me know ......" just cant get a break"

dude, first off, you own an accord, its a family sedan, second off, what do you think your gunna do with 450 to 500 hp???? ITS FWD!!!! do you understand that, NO TRACTION!!!! yeh the power to weight ratio is rediculous, i know about that, i have an 86 CRX Si that im putting a b20/VTEC in right now, thats about 210 hp maybe a little more, that car weighs 1800 lbs, guess whos probably gunna win that race??? dud, your wasting your money and time, why do you buy a nice hatchy and stick that h22 with 20 lbs of boost, and blow it up in the hatch... cause thats whats gunna happen if you dont sleeve it, get the crank balanced, precise tuning, a chipped ecu isnt gunna get you anywhere, youll need a standalone or s300... if your gunna spend money like that PLEASE make sure its WORTH it and you do it right the FIRST time

Well, I thinks its time to hang it up. Leave and learn from you mistakes. Now that I know an accord will never make it to the track, other than just for Shit and Giggles. So i'll finsh the body, paint it and clean up the interior, It just pisses me off that so much goes to waste. all the time and money is just pissed away. But if this car wont be a productive race car than its got to go.

I'll get another car but this time i dont think it will be a honda. But the h22 and turbo . what to do with it. Once you get burned its hard to reach back into the fire. I like honda, great little runners.

What about preludes. Is that a car that would be potiental. OR rsx. im not sure what an EG is.

dont get a prelude, too much work with those, get a 92-95 hatch, 2 dr coupe, but im warning you RIGHT now, wiring will be a bitch, that h22 was not meant to go in anything BUT the lude, i suggest buying the harness conversion from HASport... but the end result... trust me you will like. a buddy of mine has a 92 hatchy with a turbo H22 @ 10psi with a 75 shot to the FMIC. its nasty but again NO TRACTION.

if you look around, you could find a coupe for 2-3k. craigslist is showin some integras and civics in your area, about 3-4k average.

Theres really no point in looking now. Cant get another car before this one is sold. i have been working my ass of on finishing the body. Paint should be coming up in the nextweek or two.

As far as the h22 goes, it has been sleeved, pistons and rods, and bearings, but came with no heads, still need a set of heads , got any heads up before i purchase a set of stock dohc h22 heads.

Iwant to think you all for the feeback , even though most was kinda shitty, but i guess i should have learned now than later on after another round of disapointment.

Theres really no point in looking now. Cant get another car before this one is sold. i have been working my ass of on finishing the body. Paint should be coming up in the nextweek or two.

As far as the h22 goes, it has been sleeved, pistons and rods, and bearings, but came with no heads, still need a set of heads , got any heads up before i purchase a set of stock dohc h22 heads.

Iwant to think you all for the feeback , even though most was kinda shitty, but i guess i should have learned now than later on after another round of disapointment.

what exactly do you mean by heads??? is that A HEAD??? like with cams valves, springs retainers etc.... or headers??? cause you did say set, in which both cases it would not be a set... anyways if its the HEAD your talking about go with the factory h22 head... if your gunna boost it though, rebuild it...

yes i am talking about the heads with valve train, i didnt mean to say a set, my mistake, i have been looking around for a HEAD that has been built already to bolt on. No luck so far . To boost on a stock head isnt good huh, i thought that you would have to get the cams to even run turbo, something about the timing???

So let me get this straght, one tells me i need to upgrade valve train and another tell me is not necessary, well , working this motor at the hardest you can push it for about 2 - 3 hous, would the stock head hold the abuse , w/turbo. i was also informed that my h22 block, the crank shaft has been knifed and poilished.??? i was told , too put the heads , flywheel and clutch on the block and get it blanced? is that necessary?

alright he is correct, you dont technically NEED to get new valve train or ANYTHING done for that matter to boost a car.. but if you want a good reliable turbo setup, i would AT LEAST reccommend new rods pistons, rings, etc... if your putting more than 8-10 psi in the block... its not necessary to get the crank balanced unless your planning on spinning the motor WAY above what the original redline what meant to... just keep this in mind dude, we are not hassleing you, we ALL just wanna see a good reliable motor built, if your gunna spend the money, make sure you do it right the first time... for example on the b20/vtec im building, there were many things i wasnt gunna replace, the bearings for instance, the block only has 30K on it, but im getting all new hardware, bearings, etc... JUST so i dont have to tear it apart and possibly spend more money then i would have in the beginning, kind of confusing but i think you should get the point, BE SMART, DO YOUR RESEARCH, and get her DONE!!!

All of my intensions have been for a good reliable bad ass motor. Just been kicked in the nuts to many times. Ill spend the extra dough to make sure that everything is going to hold up. well as long as it can handle the abuse. As far as a next vehicle goes, can you put a h22 in a 94gsr . and can i keep the transmission, without to many mods.

lol reliable bad ass motor. In that case, get a eg hatch and swap in a k20-r. h22 turbo just doesnt scream reliability.

lol reliable bad ass motor. In that case, get a eg hatch and swap in a k20-r. h22 turbo just doesnt scream reliability.

another thing that doesnt scream reliability.... race car.. you cant beat the piss out of a motor and expect it to last long.. something is bound to break..

true true, but doing the right things to it, will make it last somewhat longer then normal... im not too sure if you can swap the h22 into a teggy... im sure you can, i havent ever seen one done personally, but again, wiring a h22 in any car other than a lude will kick your ass... maybe yuou should sell it, and spend the money on a k20 and an eg or even an ek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back