look at my project car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
im that guy . and i could give a fuck less about these assholes that have nothing to say other than rice o roni, and shit like that, i came hear for advice on what would make my accord a race car , well other than the 9 out of 10 bullshitters, i recieved some pretty good knowledge. GET RID OF THE ACCORD !! as i did . I still miss it though , my drive way feels naked with out it.

One thing i would like to add, thanks for all the intellegent people that give knowledge and not smart azz comments,

Well its decieded , went to look at a 96 civic Si . no motor , no trans, just a shell, it was set up for automatic, can you switch the car from auto to manual with out major modification ? the body is in excellent shape!! They guy is only asking 400, thats great !!! if i get it , ill have 5300 left to build it even better, got a motor and 5 speed trans, t3t4 turbo , what would be recommened for suspension for road racing, also what ecu is best for my application ?

With my sleeved block , h-beam rods, low comp forged pistons, polished crank, and bearings to hold at 10,000 rpm . how much boost will this block hold, since it seems that ill have the money to build the new rebuilt heads . What cam would take the rpm in the high 9000 rpm , i found a whole valve train kit from skunk , but no cams, Could i get 25 30 psi boost with a t3t4 ?

Who if this motor lasted longer than 6 months : Ill be happy

1.) I'm the guy who said "rice-o-roni," just for clarification.

2.) I gave you plenty of good advice by the way, but it doesn't seem like you read any of it though, because you kept asking the same questions over and over even after I answered them.

3.) What the hell are you talking about, a 96 Civic Si automatic?!? There is no such thing...at least not in the United States. If the guy who's selling you this heap told you it's an Si, than either he has no idea what he's talking about, or he's trying to pull a fast one on you...

And it looks like it's working, since you're now on here telling us about the 96 automatic Civic Si you're going to buy...

4.) An H22 in a Civic would really be better for drag than for road racing...it's heavier than the average d or b-series motor, and will weigh down the front end a bit.

And 5.) Will you please stop saying "heads?!?!?" It's an inline 4 motor. It has ONE head.

That is all.

1.) I'm the guy who said "rice-o-roni," just for clarification.

2.) I gave you plenty of good advice by the way, but it doesn't seem like you read any of it though, because you kept asking the same questions over and over even after I answered them.

3.) What the hell are you talking about, a 96 Civic Si automatic?!? There is no such thing...at least not in the United States. If the guy who's selling you this heap told you it's an Si, than either he has no idea what he's talking about, or he's trying to pull a fast one on you...

And it looks like it's working, since you're now on here telling us about the 96 automatic Civic Si you're going to buy...

4.) An H22 in a Civic would really be better for drag than for road racing...it's heavier than the average d or b-series motor, and will weigh down the front end a bit.

And 5.) Will you please stop saying "heads?!?!?" It's an inline 4 motor. It has ONE head.

That is all.

1) ALL OF THE ADVICE I HAVE RECIEVED I HAVE TAKEN IN CONSIDERATION, I HAVE READ EVERY POST ON THIS THREAD AND SOME TWICE, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT CAR , BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE CAME ACROSS, I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD DEAL

2) I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT CIVICS !!!! I COULDNT TELL YOU WHAT A SI AND A EX DIFFERS FROM, THAT IS WHAT THE FUCKNUT TOLD ME , I THOUGHT THAT IT WULD BE GREAT FOR MY APPLICATION, AND STILL HAVE SOME CHANGE LEFT OVER TO PLAY AROUND WITH . I HAVENT BOUGHT THE CAR YET, AND I COULD HAVE SWORE THAT SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT A CIVIC WOULD BE A DECENT ROAD COURSING CAR, AS A HATCH AND A EGR. BUT I HAVE LOOKED FOR THOSE IN MY AREA AND NO LUCKWELL WITH THE PRICE RANGE THAT IS LIMITED , I GOT A MOTOR AND A TRANS, I AM TRYING TO GET A CAR AND HAVE MONEY FOR SUSPENSION AND TIRES , NOT TO METION I NEED AN ECU AND GOTTA GET A DYNO. AND WHAT OTHER SHIT ILL NEED ALONG THE WAY TO GET IT ON THE TRACK , AND NO IM NOT LOOKING TO RACE A ALL STOCK CAR, SO WHAT IF IM IN LAST AT FIRST, GOTTA START SOMEWHERE, AND THAT IS WHAT MY ACCORD WAS GOING TO DO .

3) YOU TELL ME THAT A BIGGER CAR SUCH AS A CIVIC WOULD WIEGHT TO MUCH WITH AN H22 IN THE FRONT , OK . I CAN UNDERSTAND THE WEIGHT BALANCE FOR TURNING, BUT IF I PUT A H22 IN A HATCH , THEY ARE LIGHTER CARS, WOULDNT THAT PUT THE WEIGHT BALANCE OFF SO MUCH THAT THE ASS END BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

4) IF YOU HAVE WORKED ON 305,350,406,302,427 MOTORS, YOULL BE SAYING HEADS, BECAUSE EVERY ONE OF THOSE MOTORS HAVE A SET OF HEADS. I KNOW HONDA ONLY HAS ONE HEAD , AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE , I TYPE IT OUT OF BAD HABIT!!! SO DONT TAKE IT TO THE EXTREME,

5) YOU GOT TO UNDERSTAND , LIKE I SAID BEFORE , I HAVE ONLY BEEN INTO HONDAS FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS , SO EXCUSE ME FOR NOT KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM, THATS WHY I CAME HERE TO ASK ??????'S. THEN WHY WOULD YOU SAY I HAVENT READ WHAT HAS BEEN LISTED, NO ONE HAS TOLD ME THE ANSWERS TO SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE ASK , OR SOMEHOW I MISSED THE ANSWERS SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE.

6) SO THERE IS NO CIVIC SI AUTOMATIC, I TAKE IT THEY WERE ALL MANUAL, H22 CAME IN THE SI'S DIDNT THEY.

Yes, you certainly can put the H22 into a 94 GSR, however, it will not bolt up to the GSR's transmission, so you'll either have to buy an H22 transmission or get an adaptor plate to make it work.

Also, if you want to use an H22 transmission in a Civic or Integra then there will be some cutting and trimming of the transmission tunnel needed to make it work.

There's something else to consider though. Unless you're getting this GSR with a blown motor or no motor, then you have to ask yourself if you really want to pull a perfectly good B18C and ditch it for an H22. The B18C can also be a potent motor when properly built and boosted. Also keep in mind that a GSR in good condition will often fetch a pretty high price. In my area people are selling 94-96 GSRs for around 5-7 grand depending on condition, miles, mods, etc., wheras you could pick up a 92-95 Civic for 2-3 grand.

If I were you I'd look towards a 92-95 Civic hatchback or coupe or a 94-95 RS/GS/LS Integra rather than a GSR if you want to swap your H22 into it.

ALRIGHT A GSR WITH HI MILES IN MY AREA ARE GOING FOR 5 GRAND, THEN IM SPENT SO I DONT WANT TO GO THAT ROUTE, AND ABOUT THE CIVIC HATCH , IT WAS 3500 FOR A GOOD MOTOR RUNNING CAR , STILL THAT WOULDNT LEAVE ENOUGH FOR THE OTHERS TO BE TRACK READY, I WANT A CAR WITH NO MOTOR NO TRANNY AND THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR , A CAR UNDER 1000 BUCKS , JUST SO THAT I COULD SET THE MOTOR, GET COMP TIRES AND SUSPENSION , PLUS A COUPLE OF OTHER THINGS THAT COULD GET THE JOB DONE,

ABOUT SHAVING FOR THE H22TRANNY TO GET IT IN A CIVIC , I HEARD ELSEWHERE THAT IT WOULD SIT IN THERE NO PROBLEM , WOULD YU HAVE TO CUT THE FENDER WELL , IF YOU DID THAT , WOULDNT YOU LOSE STRUCTRAL INTEGRITY?

I COULD HAVE SWORE THAT SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT A CIVIC WOULD BE A DECENT ROAD COURSING CAR

Yes, a Civic can be a decent road racing car, if setup properly.

YOU TELL ME THAT A BIGGER CAR SUCH AS A CIVIC WOULD WIEGHT TO MUCH WITH AN H22 IN THE FRONT , OK . I CAN UNDERSTAND THE WEIGHT BALANCE FOR TURNING, BUT IF I PUT A H22 IN A HATCH , THEY ARE LIGHTER CARS, WOULDNT THAT PUT THE WEIGHT BALANCE OFF SO MUCH THAT THE ASS END BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Where did I say that a Civic was heavy? What I said was that when you compare a typical 1.6-liter Civic motor with an H22 there's a good weight difference. You're adding weight to the front of the car, which is going to impede your handling abilities somewhat. You can fix it with the right suspension setup (Progress and I think some other companies make springs especially for that swap) but overall I'd say just put a lighter motor in if you're planning to road race it; think boosted d-series maybe, or a B16 swap.

And as far as "the ass end being all over the place," you're still thinking about your rear-drive V8s. The front wheels are driving the car on a Civic, so putting in a heavy motor might actually help with your traction.

This is what I was trying to get at though, is that an H22 in a Civic would be a better choice for a drag racing car as opposed to a road racer.

ABOUT SHAVING FOR THE H22TRANNY TO GET IT IN A CIVIC , I HEARD ELSEWHERE THAT IT WOULD SIT IN THERE NO PROBLEM , WOULD YU HAVE TO CUT THE FENDER WELL , IF YOU DID THAT , WOULDNT YOU LOSE STRUCTRAL INTEGRITY?

You don't have to do anything major as far as trimming, basically you're just going to be widening the hole around where the shifter comes up through. It shouldn't mess things up as far as the structural integrity of the car is concerned.

hey ill give u mine 91 accord shell for a thousand... but depends if u wanna go that way of dropping h22 in an accord and ATTEMPTING TO MAKE IT A RACE CAR AHHAHAHA

heres my uk beast

here is my going to be h22 beast

06032007043.jpg

this is a rover 620 it shares the same chassie and engine as uk accord i have my h22a engine just need help with wiring
18022007016.jpg

you cant just ignore him he might need some direction or somthing depending on wat hes trying to do

that basically changes nothing so did hondaburner an he still got flamed for days an pages im jus waiting to hear wat his purpose for the car if its just a hot daily driver or a racecar

im just going to tweet alittle the odd track day im not quite sure on wiring would it be easyer to get harness and ecu from prelude:eek:

oh crap i erased it all.... damn that sucks.... basically 4drs have too much metal. If hondaburner95 wants to make a race car he needs alot less weight and beefing up stuff and getting rid of interior pieces will be the biggest help.

Last edited:
oh crap i erased it all.... damn that sucks.... basically 4drs have too much metal. If hondaburner95 wants to make a race car he needs alot less weight and beefing up stuff and getting rid of interior pieces will be the biggest help.

what the hell are you talking about , you havent read nothing but the first page , LOSER!!!!!! get with thread man !!!!

no , havent bought a car yet . been working 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week for the past 2 weeks , just been doing some research , tryin to make sure that what i get is something that i want , in my price range . I will have a car hopefully by the end of the month , ill post the pics as soon as i get it . and i think i wont call it a race car this time , well until the motor , suspension , what nots get down . and it is racing on the track ,

now as cars goes , im most likely going to go with a civic hatch . just havent got the right year or model figured out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back