Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So....silver with green wheels or silver with orange wheels? lol

I remember feeling that way when I had my C63. lol Then I chipped it for 515hp a few weeks later. :p

Nice GTR man!

I said the same thing when I was looking at buying a GTR.. Didn't last long :p

Thanks man!

So....silver with green wheels or silver with orange wheels? lol

The intakes I bought are currently powder coated green..

I dunno though. Still undecided on wheels/colors.

Lol this has got me like.... drive the fiesta a few years anddol sell it to get a used GTR

Lol this has got me like.... drive the fiesta a few years anddol sell it to get a used GTR

Well sorted 09-11's are in the mid to upper 50s these days, usually around 30-50k on the clock. The smart thing to do is to wait for someone that needs to sell because they got in over their head

Well sorted 09-11's are in the mid to upper 50s these days, usually around 30-50k on the clock. The smart thing to do is to wait for someone that needs to sell because they got in over their head
Thats just about what I was thinking , I come across used ones for sale pretty regurarly I have a customer shop FORGED PERFORMANCE that builds gtrs and somebodys always trying to sell one

Thats just about what I was thinking , I come across used ones for sale pretty regurarly I have a customer shop FORGED PERFORMANCE that builds gtrs and somebodys always trying to sell one
Forged does nice work. They're all over the GTR life forums.

It'll be interesting to see what the 2017 does to used values. It's been a buyer's market for a long time, but I have a feeling that's mostly because they've been producing the r35 for so long.

That AP installed yet ?

I just landed in Salt Lake, should have it installed in a few hours. I gotta do intakes too

AAM 3" intakes are installed, Cobb OTS Stage 1+ map felt pretty nice but runs too rich for my taste. Some of the AFRs dipped into the 10s while I was on it. Gonna try a map for 93 octane and see what that does, then move up to Stage 2+ maps from there. The intake noise is damn near perfect. Loud enough to be heard, but can't be heard from in the cabin with the windows up. And let's not even get into the power gains...

I spent the day carving canyon roads in my "appliance."

I'd post pictures but I didn't take any because I didn't want to get out of the driver's seat. So here's a shot of the Cobb doing its thing

Attachments

• 20160313_142926.jpg
    20160313_142926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
The OTS maps were OK at best on my car with the current setup, but my montune maps from randy robles at mountune are the bees knees (idk why it uploads sideways)
20160312_184847.jpg

I'm happy with the stage 2+ 17psi map for now. AFRs look better (around 11.3-11.5 in boost), IDC was good, no knock, and it makes great power. When I get down pipes, injectors, and a rear exhaust section it's getting strapped on the dyno and I'm calling it a day.

it uploads sideways because you take pics with your camera wrong. take it widscreen

Forgot to mention that I logged the IDC on the stage 2 17 psi map, never got above 85% so I'll be sticking with this map until I get downpipes and injectors.

wow, that's not bad at all. The motorcycle is probably more than the GTR.

yeah, that's really cheap. I was thinking 200+ just for the car.

Back