Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Made an offer on a set of down pipes today. Hopefully I'll have injectors and a cat back by the time I'm done with training.

Then it's FBO and just needs a tune to be around 600 whp ;)

Bought a set of 1050cc PnP injectors which will be sufficient for my goals (staying on pump, no e85).

Next will be down pipes, which are also going to be expensive because I think I want to stay catted to keep the noise and smell at bay.

Don't drive to new england if you go e85. i've never seen a pump in my life.

i've heard rumors there's one somewhere, but i've never seen it.

Un-catted turbo cars smell good tho!

You guys don't have E85 out there?

I don't think there are many around. I'm not against the fuel, in fact I'd love to run it, but if I can't find it as easily as regular gas, no thanks.

I've been doing some reading and no cats might be my only option since I plan on tracking it. Shrugs.

I don't think I'll be doing it. Not in the immediate future at least.

I'm talking with a guy from Utah that has a full Switzer exhaust that he wants to part with. Hopefully he'll sell me just the rear section. I'd like to keep my midpipe if possible lol

Well he doesn't want to part the midpipe. It does have a resonator so maybe I'll give non-catted down pipes with a catted midpipe a shot. It's too cheap to pass up - less than half of what they cost new and the whole exhaust has about 5k miles on it.

last time i looked a few years ago there were none
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html
now it appears there are 3 stations with it in CT
1 in Greenwich, 1 in Waterford, 1 in Groton
so unless you are on either end of 95, there's nothing

and the rest of NE is pretty bare as well
6 in MA
0 in RI, ME, NH, VT

I'm going to go ahead and get AccessTuner Race for my Cobb AP. It's about the price of one custom tune and will allow me to do my own tuning.

So, next time I'm home (6 weeks from now) I'll be installing the injectors, starting with the Stage 3+ Big SF map, and tuning from there. I've got an idea of the parameters I'm going to log and I'll be doing all of this with 3rd gear pulls and logging data while I actually drive around - so while I won't know exactly what I'm putting to the pavement, at least it'll be tuned. I should probably pick up that girl to be sure that I get an accurate depiction of how I "regularly" drive this thing. HA!

I still need to do a transmission relearn. Shifts are a little too aggressive and there's just a little too much creep at a stop for my liking. Factory settings are all 0's for both Clutch Capacitance and Touch Points but I plan on running something a little different since I'll be nearing FBO power levels. I need to figure out if there's any slip going on at higher RPMs, too.

I've been busting ass at work and got a nice bonus on this paycheck, so I went ahead and bought the Switzer exhaust from the guy in Utah and a set of 3" catless downpipes. COBB also released some new maps for the GTR this week, so I'll have a fresh base to work off of when I get to tuning.

P.S. I'm in DFW (specifically, Addison) for the next 6 weeks. Local HSers, lets meet up and grab a beer!

Apparently the guy with the Switzer exhaust had already received payment for it weeks before I sent payment but didn't realize it. He refunded my money, but that means I still need an exhaust, lol.

I did get a Valentine V1 with a mirror mount. I'm looking forward to that security.

Back