Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So, I've been giving my Accord some much needed love. Not much progress on the Civic - I'll be getting to that tomorrow. I did get the lettering sanded down on the valve cover. Looks pretty good.
2012-05-21_13-41-06_825.jpg

2012-05-21_13-41-18_242.jpg

I'll be posting pics of the Accord tomorrow, it got a nice little facelift :)

Nicely done. The O.D. Green on my Si's vc is starting to bubble a bit. I may have to follow your lead on this one and go back to stock-ish.

Nicely done. The O.D. Green on my Si's vc is starting to bubble a bit. I may have to follow your lead on this one and go back to stock-ish.
Yea I like the OEM look, plus I really dont have any other colors that would fit my car lol
that wrinkle finish came out nice! looks better than oem to me :)
Thanks man, it is actually truck bed liner (if you're wondering) I wanted something that would last and be resistant to scratches from wrenches, parts, etc resting on it.

So, as I mentioned, I've been showing some love to my new DD. The pics are kind of dark but here's where I'm at right now:
2012-05-22_10-44-17_621.jpg

2012-05-22_10-43-20_699.jpg

debadged, blacked out wheels, 15% 3M film all around, and installed the kenwood head unit from my CB7. Next up will be a good set of pads and rotors and possibly an upgrade on the front calipers if I can find a decent set that will bolt up.

How was the bed liner applied? Roller? Which brand? Do you reccomend it? Thinking about doing underneath of mine for touchup and maybe wheel wells.

Its actually in a rattle can. Its rustoleum, and I belive it was around$10 for a can. the finish came out nice and even, and seems to be pretty tough. I think it'd make a decent undercoat.

Well, no luck with the EZ outs on the Civic. I tried multiple sizes, and no budge from the bolt. The EZ outs are now spinning inside the bolt and just removing little shards of metal from the inside of it (almost like drilling it). So, I should probably just drill this thing out and stick a heli-coil in there even though I hate to do it. Anyone have advice on heli-coils?

Well, no luck with the EZ outs on the Civic. I tried multiple sizes, and no budge from the bolt. The EZ outs are now spinning inside the bolt and just removing little shards of metal from the inside of it (almost like drilling it). So, I should probably just drill this thing out and stick a heli-coil in there even though I hate to do it. Anyone have advice on heli-coils?

Be careful of the depth you drill it, otherwise it could be time for a JB Weld hole plug job.... :)

I've had good results with that method - "Just drill the MF out and Helicoil it".

Depending upon hole depth (I know I keep harping about it) you may have to use a standard Helicoil tap to start the threads and a "Bottoming" tap to finish it. You can make your own bottoming tap, just get a second Heilcoil basic tap and you can cut the end off of it. Instant bottoming tap.

Helicoil - Emhart Technologies Helicoil Screw Thread Insert Taps, Helicoil Tap Sizes, Helicoil Roughing Taps, Helicoil Finishing Taps, Helicoil Bottoming Taps, Helicoil Spiral Flute Taps, Helicoil Spiral Point Taps, Helicoil Taper Taps, Helicoil Inte

Maaaaaaaybe. :D

Nah. I leave stickers, graphics, and fades to other people on this forum. :p
Yeah, that stuff is best left to the more experienced, Old School type Ricers. :D

BS'ing aside, WTF are you going to do with 6 cans of black rattle can? If you're doing a whole car job, be sure and start a thread so we can ridicule it! :D

Last edited:
8 cans* lol I may put up some pics, but don't worry this isn't to be taken seriously at all. Most regulars know I loathe my Si and when I get bored I take it out on the thing. But who doesn't love a rattle can flat black paint job? Old school type ricers should especially like it! I'm just gonna scuff the thing up with scotch brite pads, tape off key areas, and go to it as boredom and time allow.

Oh, and the front end isnt even straightened out completely yet. That should tell you how low on the totem pole the thing sits. :lol:

double0si, pics or :ban:

Thanks for the info on the heli-coil dual-500. I'll be doing that in the next couple of days, so it'll be useful to have.

I feel like I should probably start another build thread for my Accord, haha. I am doing a projector retrofit on it when the parts come in :thumbsup:

Also doing more and more reading on CL-S 6 speed swap..........

double0si, pics or :ban:

Thanks for the info on the heli-coil dual-500. I'll be doing that in the next couple of days, so it'll be useful to have.

I feel like I should probably start another build thread for my Accord, haha. I am doing a projector retrofit on it when the parts come in :thumbsup:

Also doing more and more reading on CL-S 6 speed swap..........
I did a Heli-Coil project just today. :D I went on the rampage to get the pressure washer put back together today.

Techuseh H60 Leaking Oil - OldMiniBikes.com Forum

And for double0si - we don't just want a cell phone shot at some bullsh!t angle at night of the finished product. Oh, no no no. We want a Can-by-Can Project Build Thread of that clusterphuk! :D

Last edited:
Well you'll be sadly disappointed then. It's not that serious, in fact its a total joke. lol I dont care enough about the car to do it right and I'm probably going to be doing it panel by panel so it'll all depend on my mood for the day each is done. I'll wet sand it if I for some reason feel up to it but I doubt it..

Here take this, and picture Si components in place of base model shit.
39066164013_large.jpg

Back