Mike, Bill and I bought a race car....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maybe it's a real sleeper:

race-car-toddler-beds.jpg

03.jpg

aak.jpg

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

aam.jpg

95 ACR boys and girls. here's some pics. all the parts and parts car is at bills house, so i don't have pics of that one... not much to see anyway. but TONS of shit. and the most massive rear sway bar i have ever seen... :mrgreen:

https://hondaswap.com/brian/2006/06/acr/

94-95 ? Not to be avoided ? Aside from the paint failure, garbage head material and el-crappo electrical ?

Maybe it's 94 I'm thinkin of ?

well this one has the mls gasket already in and who cares about the paint it is a race car not a show car. as far as the electrical goes the same gremlins run rampant in any neon from 95 to 99, it is not just the first year. i have a 97 and i have replace the harness twice in it so it is a dodge thing not the model year thing. plus for the price we paid for the vehicle and all the parts i personally think we would have been stupid to pass it up.

:werd:

we might actually make money on the deal, and still have a car with tons of extra's.

anyone want a simon and garfunkel record? :ph34r:

how big is the rear sway? ive biggest ive seen (on a honda however) is 32mm. is it bigger then that?

also i know is an SCCA spec cage and all but i wouldnt be exactly comfortable with that bar comming down so close to your legs.

badass buy though.

neon? racecar?

It'll take the STI anyday. That race seat looks brand new y0!
I love the jdm angles on the photos. Kept me from having to take a full image of the horror.

I can't say good or bad buy, but I can say have fun!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
how big is the rear sway? ive biggest ive seen (on a honda however) is 32mm. is it bigger then that?

also i know is an SCCA spec cage and all but i wouldnt be exactly comfortable with that bar comming down so close to your legs.

badass buy though.

not sure on the size... its gotta be an inch at least. but its a stock part, so its legal for stock class. :)

in the pics, the seat is pushed up, because bill is a short ass and drove it last I sit about 7 notches in a normal car back from bill.

we have some foam that we will wrap the area with too.

this is the cage:

Bolt_In_Roll_Cage.jpg

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll_Cages.htm

BOLT-IN ROLL CAGE

* SCCA & NASA legal for club racing.
* Top of the line in fit and construction.
* These cages are made to order, allowing for tube size and type to be selected.
* Diagonal cross brace and horizontal brace are a permanent weld-in design.

Quoted post[/post]]
neon? racecar?

It'll take the STI anyday. That race seat looks brand new y0!
I love the jdm angles on the photos. Kept me from having to take a full image of the horror.

I can't say good or bad buy, but I can say have fun!!!

let me think for a min.
go beat the hell out and possibly wreck a car I owe $24,000 on, or a car I paid 300 bucks for?
if this thing flips, i'm going to get out, and flip it back over, and keep driving it.

wheel to wheel racing at track days? All we need to add is a $400 halon system, and we're 100% legal. Someone hits me? oops. I flip it? get out the mallets.

grassroots baby. grassroots.

It's a D-stock class car, and is very competitive. In fact, Daddio won the nationals in an ACR not too long ago... 3 years in a row. http://www.allpar.com/neon/scca.html

And I along with bill and mike will own you with this car too. So before you talk shit, bring it. bring your turbo civic, or your jdm k20 fit... and i'll waste you on an autox track in the gayeste neon ever. and i'll be grinning ear to ear the whole time.

I'll even leave the window net up for you :mrgreen:

and sure, the seat is shot, but it holds me better than your jdm fuck bag seats. its a race car, not a show car. sure, the aposltery is shot... but lets see you buy a race seat (not a sport seat) for 334, let alone a car with one.

The pictures are hard to take in a 1-bay garage. there's only so far you can go back before you're up against a wall.

Back