My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i havent made anything yet :lol: but hopefully soon. mounting brackets are going to be a pain i think. i called speedway and they said the bar mount holes are 4" apart. quick measurement on the suby looks closer to 3".

Just an update. I wanted to mix it up and get a better performing suspension for the winter. so I got a set of King lift spring to pair with my Koni dampers that are fresh from RMA (again).

Rears complete:
fdGIP.jpg

everything together:
yfDpC.jpg

these springs had about 2-3" of preload to get them on. that was a bitch lol.

This will be going on within the next few days. And my alignment appointment is for the 5th.

I'm eager to see how this setup feels. this will raise the car about 2" higher than where is sits now (currently lowered 0.75-1"). im also trying to sell my current winter wheel/tire combo (225/45/17 wintersport 3D on stock wheels) for something that will perform better in winter/snow. looking into 15" rally wheels with something like 215/65/15 or 205/65/15 General Altimax Arctics. but i may just run what i have for another winter if they dont sell.

summer will be Feal 441 Coilovers once i save some cash for them .

will 15's clear the brakes? seems so tiny.... 18s are 50/50 and there's like 1 17 that fit over my brakes....

get some mud flaps too :D

15" rally wheels will fit over the brakes. Like Team Dynamics Pro Rally 1's or something like Braid wheels. Or some 16" stock suby wheels will fit but tires are cheaper in 15"

And yes I've been having lots of issues with my Konis. First set lasted 30k before all of them started leaking and getting loose. The last set lasted 10k before they all felt blown. I think it's a lack of bump travel killing them, even though the springs I was using are only 275/250lb and lower 0.75-1". So I'll go with some springs that are about the same rate but have lots more bump travel. This new setup being about 2" higher should give me that much more bump. Should be much more comfortable too and I'll like the increased ground clearance for winter.

ahh i see.

i have only had one set, they have seen about 35K miles with me. stiffer valving in them, but only ran at a 1.5in drop H&R springs. first time ive ever heard of any issues with the yellows, and lots of mitsu guys run them.

Put on the lift springs with Konis and STi steering link today. The stock one has a rubber joint in it. The STi link is solid.

Steering link before:
n3DnY.jpg

Steering link after:
4RA8L.jpg

Car after lift (I'm thinking/hoping the springs settle a bit over the next few days)
SdmSK.jpg

The car feels fine. Springs are about as stiff as the RCE black lowering springs, just 2-2.5" taller ride height lol. Even fairly large bumps feel like nothing. Konis set to 1/2 turn from full soft.

Last edited:
Haha. It's already pretty high. I was parked next to an outback sport today and my car was higher haha

I could be wrong but that doesn't look much higher than mine, looks like they cut the fenders out.

Either way that's ridic. I'll find some pics of a guy on another forum who put forrester suspension on his impreza. Gave him like 4" of lift haha.

donk = less functional on road only vehicle = :crap: :thumbsdown:
lifted subaru = more functional on or off road vehicle = :D :thumbsup:

That's what I was thinking about the Subaru - off road, it would scream.

That turd I posted really needs a hood scoop to finish it off! :)

I love these cars. Functional in crappy weather, fun to drive, and decent gas mileage to boot. Cant go wrong :thumbsup:

What made you decide to go with the STi steering link?

Back