My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you come on over, I'll get some good pics.

EDIT:
Or you can follow me out to the Peachbottom power plant, and we can get some pics of both cars up there. It's one of my favourite spots to take car pictures.

I'm not a fan of the 04/05 front end. If I'm gonna have a GD, I'll go for the 06/07. The new GRs are my favorite though. I still kick myself for not waiting another year and getting a wide body. But oh well.

I'm def an IAG guy. I've given them a lot of business and they've always taken care of me. They have an amazing shop and a great staff. Btw, I think you mean IAG vs Agile Auto (in fallston). Andrewtech is a suby transmission specialty shop in CA iirc.

Yes still running the stock tranny oil. Just Motul 75w90, same in the rear diff. Both gets changed every 30k miles. I've never had any problems, never a need to run anything else.

More pics.
xnW7n.jpg

PXLiw.jpg

Andrewtech is in NoVA...

And the diff whine I heard indicates a problem.

Looks good, but it needs less white on the wheels. Dust them with some Gunmetal paint. :)

I never liked the 06-07 headlights I still remember the first time I saw it and thought wtf did they do to the STI.

Both of you are off.

Andrewtech is located in Gaithersburg MD and yes he's the transmission guy.

Doug, I'm telling you there's no problem. It's just how they sound, its sounded like that sonce day one. If there was a problem IAG would have mentioned it on one of the test drives they've had it on recently.

My bad about andrewtech, I thought they were in CA.

But I hear nothing but good things about all 3 shops. IAG is just my "go to" shop since I've built relationships there

Yeah I know about MachV. Heard good things from them too. I've purchased a few things from them online. And I've stopped in to Agile and talked with those guys too. IAG does usually have a long lead time. Usually 4-6 weeks out. But I never need anything done fast or I plan in advance so I just wait whenever I need service.

I haven't had a need to really get much done other than routine maintenance. IAG has done all of my alignments, my short shifter install, and my 30k and 60k services. After I get myself a down pipe ad heat wrap everything, they will likely do my tuning too.

I do my own suspension work, as well as anything else I want. Oil changes get done at the dealership for free (for life).

Last edited:
I have a feeling we're going to get a good amount of snow this winter. And I already have a few trips to western MD and WV planned, where there is always a lot of snow in the winter.

Lol, as much as I drive to NY, snow tires are required for me. I know Ian winds up going to the mountains quite a bit.

There's also that pesky thing of being required to come into work, no matter the weather. Pretty sure he's in the same boat.

Well I used to be in that boat. With my new job I'm not technically essential personnel anymore. But I still have EP access if I want to get on base in code red

I took some better pics will be up in a few

The car is parked on a sideways hill. So the front looks a little higher than it really is. But you can see the tire size better in this pic.

6a2Rr.jpg

Front brake 4-pot clearance.

bTgx8.jpg

Rear suspension clearance.

UkDKI.jpg

You should get some center caps to protect your axle ends.

Even if they're just black rubber center caps, you should do it.

My summer wheels don't have center caps. (None available)

But these wheels were used. Not sure if any centers are available but I'll look into it. I can see it being a good thing keep the salt out of there at least.

If you wanted to do it cheaply, and if you have the tooling to do it, I've heard hockey pucks work well.

A good set of hole saws and a sharp knife or hacksaw would take care of making them.

here's a horrible drawing of what I mean:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hockey Puck center caps.png
    Hockey Puck center caps.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 585
those wheels really give it the rally look w/ the lift.. lovin it!

Back