My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

26 years later...

320232_2176273163662_99216740_n.jpg

Or just measure the hole and put the size into e-bay, there's a lot of options out there, even more so when you dont give a damn.

If TD makes a center cap (I think they do) ill just get that. Don't care if it costs more than an eBay piece or hockey puck lol. I'd rather just have the correct piece.

This winter ill be saving for my summer coilovers and down pipe. Then back to being low and hopefully 300+ whp. :)

i emailed a distributor, he has some black ones in stock that will fit. im awaiting reply on if white is available.

still loving this setup. im so eager to get some snow driving in. i have probably 500 highway miles on it after getting the wheels/tires.

i went out to western MD this week for Xmas at the gf's. they got about 12" of snow so i finally got to drive this thing in something substantial. and it handled it beautifully.

the only thing i didnt attempt was an unpaved, undriven, 30+% grade cobblestone road/hill. it was narrow and i had to turn onto it. if it was a straight shot and i had some room to get some momentum i may have attempted it. but i knew my limits and didnt want to get stuck on something like that, or risk sliding into something.

some pics.

rquls.jpg

zLgUp.jpg

kVZAy.jpg

Unfortunately didn't get any shots of me driving in the deeper stuff. Most of the once-plowed roads had <6". I think the most I plowed through was 8-10" or so with a few tracks from other cars.

Picked up some GroupN engine mounts. Made from stiffer rubber. Going to pick up a matching transmission mount before installing.

Also picked up a COBB catted downpipe :)

FURtGvX.jpg

pgXWGat.jpg

GDycVox.jpg

Need to pick up some gaskets, heat wrap, and a turbo blanket. Then I'll install the down pipe, and intercooler and load up the stage 2 map.

I have a Cobb down pipe and Cobb exhaust, it looks pretty big in person. Not sure what the stock flange size is.

All tubing used in the fabrication of this downpipe is 304 stainless steel for increased corrosion resistance. The end flange uses the stock donut gasket and factory spring bolts to aid in flex, longevity and proper fitment. This provides an improved seal compared to other methods, as well as reduced noise. An additional benefit is that it makes the COBB 3" Downpipe compatible with any cat-back exhaust that mates to the factory cat section.

Did you go to the Mach V dyno day today?

it necks down to 2.5". ill bolt it up for now and run it. eventually ill have the neckdown chopped of and V-banded

didnt go to the dyno day. didnt even know about. been super busy.

Not sure why people get so worried about exhaust size. My Z has invidia exhaust and that's like 2.5 all the way from the down pipe back and it made a solid 421whp with ease, built motor with bigger injectors would see 550-600whp. After the 600whp point, I'd start to worry about the exhaust.

Besides if its really an issue, open dumps....

just bought a few things with my tax return :)

GroupN transmission mount (i already have the GroupN motor mounts, not installed)
PTP Lava Turbo blanket
DEI titanium exhaust wrap (for the DP)
Turbosmart Kompact BPV
SMY ClusterMaker dual gauge pod
Defi Boost gauge

so now up for immediate install is:

-install gauge pod and boost gauge
-wrap downpipe
-install new engine and transmission mounts
-install turbo blanket, downpipe, and Cobb heatsheild
-install Spearco TMIC and Turbosmart BPV
-load up Cobb Stage 2 map