my new project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn well I am hoping to get my motor in asap, just waiting on kaoskustoms to get his ass up here and help me throw this bitch back together. and soon the FI will be here

well today I finally installed a b16a
06_03_06_0750.jpg

06_05_06_0016.jpg

and well long story short the motor sized up on me tonight. so I guess my plans of doing FI is going to have to wait, and my plans of doing a poor mans type r are getting pushed up sooner than expected. so now the hunt starts for a gsr bottom end. there is a guy local that I had talked to about a gsr block, so i am going to call him in the morning.

:bash: this is not my week at all. first me and my girl friend split up and now I have a seized motor in my car. damn this sucks big time.

oh and I forgot, when we were putting the motor in the car, it fell off the jack and hit my a/c condensor, so now I dont have a/c anymore. so I am either going to sell whats left of my a/c suff or try to find a condensor. and put it back in

another member of honda singles...and another HS reg with a downed honda....its just getting rediculous. We're cursed.

Quoted post[/post]]
WTF is going on, our women are being stupid and WTF is going with are cars

well my car is up and running again :laugh: powered by one wheel but its running. My girl and i are still getting married. Besides vtec not engaging in 1 nor 2nd i think i'm doing pretty well.

Dont you guys dare junks me !!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

well since i seized my b16 block and since HS has been down I picked up this
06_11_06_1532.jpg

b18c1.jpg

:thumbsup: b18c1

so heres comes a poor mans type R. I was going to just put the head on and go from there, but I didnt want to have the same thing happen to this block. so i am going to take it to a machine shop and have some work done to it. and since its apart I might as well get the motor done now instead of installing it and having to take it out again.

and since I am going back to Laredo at the end of the month for work again and getting paid better than I did back in march, I figured this is a good time to get the motor done.

I am still looking for FI, but not sure on it yet, I might just keep it NA, thats still up in the air, but I know if I do FI I should do the block for boost. so I have to talk to the machine shop and see what its going to cost me.

I just dropped in on your thread. You got a great deal and continue to get good deals on the stuff you need. Thats awsome. As far as your block, I too am building a poor man's type r. YOu do know, to accomplish the compression you have to put a set of pr3 pistons on the gsr rods?? Then you can use a cometic head gasket and your b16 head. I've done much reasearch on this and with that combo, it should give you around 11.5:1 compression. with good tunning and bolt on's you will have a close to 200hp beast with gobs of tourque. I just need a water pump and oil pump then i'm set.

As far as your block, not sure if you ever stumbled onto this, but it sounds easy, cheap and very effective.
First you can
Block Posting

and you can
Filling Block... How To.... UPDATED

On this site there is a guy running 20lbs of boost daily on a b16 with the block just being filled. Do more searching on it and it will explain and speak for it self. So you can use it on a N/A build or a FI build.

Just use good Bearings, like ACL, and good rings. You should be good for N/A and easily around 16lbs on stock internals for the poor man's type r. Well I hope any of this helped. I've done alot of reaserch and am planning on this myself. So i wish you the Best of Luck on it.

I am not sure if i am going to run NA or boost, so if I run NA then I would use pr3 or p30 pistions, or i know of a guy that has ITR pistons for sale. but if I am going to boost it the I will stick with the gsr pistons. and as far as the block filling, there is a guy on here (hotrex) that has a good rightup, but I wont do that, I would sleeve the block. and i will use a oem head gasket not a cometic one.

Alright that's cool. i just don't have the money to do the re-sleave and stuff, would love to but just can't afford. You should re-sleave then anyway. you are right about the different piston selections though. Why won't you use cometic??

I am not putting sleeves in right now too expensive, but idk I have to talk to the machine shop about it. i heard bad storys on cometic, but idk, I called the machine shop this afternoon and he told me uses cometic head gaskets so i might just get one and see if i have any problems. this weekend I am pulling my b16 head off and getting everything ready to take to the machine shop. the head was already been ported and polished with a 5 angle valve job and milled, but i am taking it in to see it I did any damage to it when my b16 seized. i will find out more this next week

Last edited:
88turbod16 said:
I just dropped in on your thread. You got a great deal and continue to get good deals on the stuff you need. Thats awsome. As far as your block, I too am building a poor man's type r. YOu do know, to accomplish the compression you have to put a set of pr3 pistons on the gsr rods?? Then you can use a cometic head gasket and your b16 head. I've done much reasearch on this and with that combo, it should give you around 11.5:1 compression. with good tunning and bolt on's you will have a close to 200hp beast with gobs of tourque. I just need a water pump and oil pump then i'm set.

As far as your block, not sure if you ever stumbled onto this, but it sounds easy, cheap and very effective.
First you can
Block Posting

and you can
Filling Block... How To.... UPDATED

On this site there is a guy running 20lbs of boost daily on a b16 with the block just being filled. Do more searching on it and it will explain and speak for it self. So you can use it on a N/A build or a FI build.

Just use good Bearings, like ACL, and good rings. You should be good for N/A and easily around 16lbs on stock internals for the poor man's type r. Well I hope any of this helped. I've done alot of reaserch and am planning on this myself. So i wish you the Best of Luck on it.
The block filling really doesn't work. Yes, it adds more support, but read HotRex's thread on Honda-Tech. The motor blew and the sleeves were cracked. It's a good concept but I believe they said the problem is that the fill is Liquid aluminum, which is similar to the block, but the sleeves are cast iron. They just don't heat/cool and expand/contract at similar temps for it to really work. At least that was my take after reading the Honda-Tech thread.

The heating and Cooling is a very good point. But Hotrex, one was detonating, and he supposidly cracked all four sleeves, (no pics of it ever shown), running 21lbs of boost on pump gas. Something else went wrong with his.
blacksi on hmt ran a simialr setup for 2 yrs in his drag car making 470ish whp at 32 psi on a t4/60-1. And he has proof of it.
Either way, I just see it as something that really can't hurt. It's up to eveone's own desicion.

But i hope your head is fine. port and polish and 5-way vavle job isn't cheap at all. I wish you the best of luck.

well the motor and head went to the machine shop this morning, so as of right now I am looking at them honing the block, turning the crank, replacing rings and bearings, installing arp head studs, and installing the head to the block, I am hoping that they dont have to bore the block, but we will see what they say. they are checking the head to make sure i didnt do any damage to it when the b16 seized.

well I got a call from the machine today on my motor and i am looking at $1684 for the build. heres what he told me I needed
I am getting new rod and main bearings
crank is getting machined
they have to bore my block 20 thousands over so I need new pistons, and pistons wrist pins?
all new gaskets
waterpump
oil pump
ARP head studs

they checked my head and it was fine so they need to do a valve adjustment since they pulled the valves.
put the rods on the pistons

and heres the kicker
they told me I needed a timing belt adjuster, lower timing belt crank gear and timing belt. lol
i told him I had those parts at home cause he told me i needed to bring the block in with as little as posible on it. so I just got my new timing belt in the mail today. OEm FTW.
so when you take your block to the machineshop get ready to spend some cash. I was hoping to get out with under a grand, but since it needs to be bored I guess I wont be getting the block as soon as I thought.

well my motor is done but i am little short on all the money, the total bill for my motor is $2160. so it will be a little bit before I get it back. I am pissed at the machine shop, they quoted me prices and well the prices went up.

for that much...you could have bought another motor and some parts.....b16 motor should be about 1200....and u would have had a lil less than a g for whatever u wanted

yea but I am not using my b16 I am buliding a poormans type R. gsr bottom end and b16 head. I had a b16 and wanted more power so I went back to the motor thats suppose to be in my car but with a little change. and its getting built for boost. and yes i could have bought a gsr for 2000 shipped, and when I took my motor in the price was 1600 to have rebuilt but it jumped to 2160 when I did the forged pistons, and new rings. the labor was 1000 and the rest was in parts. which are as follows

new forged pistons 81.5mm/9:1 compression
new rings
new main and rod bearings
new water pump
new oil pump
arp head studs
new wrist pins
all new gaskets
new oem timing belt

and the motor is getting bored over, cranked turned, and my head was taken apart and checked for any damage, and put back together, and the motor was assembled

I could have bought a b16 for 600 and used the extra money for parts but I wanted a gsr motor, and it makes sense to have a gsr motor in a gsr not a b16 in a gsr

Last edited:
Back