New beer law in CT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
Oh yeah we can.

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut people now have an extra hour to stock up on beer, wine or liquor if supplies run low early in the evening.

With Gov. John G. Rowland's signature on the new state budget over the weekend, the law allowing liquor sales until 9 p.m. took effect.

The law extending alcohol sales hours was part of the $27.5 billion budget package signed into law Saturday night.

But since sales of alcohol are still prohibited on Sundays, Monday night was the first time package stores could stay open for the extra hour.

Carroll Hughes, chief lobbyist for the Connecticut Package Store Owners, said he doubted more than 50 percent of store owners even knew the measure had passed the legislature.

"We're just getting the notice about the new hours out to our members today," he said. "I don't think they will all have it much before Wednesday."

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved)

So basically we get another hour to buy beer. No more trying to get beer before 8pm. CT sucks.

yeah no shit, it's about the only good thing left here in florida, they serve at bars locally till 5am, they should just keep the shit open....

Milan

Man that's pretty bad!

I'm in Alberta Canada here most liquor stores are open until 12-1am.

You can't but beer on a sunday? That's has to be unconstiutional.

A man should be allowed to drink his beer, example im at work right now paint a trailer and i can drink a beer or two. Now allowed to get pissed but they don't mind if i have one or two, so long as im not pissed.

CT laws- used to be 8pm. NOTHING on sun for liquore stores.

bars:
sun-thurs: 12:30 last call, 1am close
fri-sat: 1:30 last call, 2am close

Yup...CT suck's....
But I never go out, and I always have a case of beer in the fridge just in case a mass of people decide to barge in and want to drink after 9:00 PM

I miss Japan...you can just go to the corner, pop a few coins in a machine and have beer anytime you want....hell....machines can't even card you...hehe

holy crap! no beer on sunday? wtf is this world coming to? i thought our 2am-6am no alchohol law was bad.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 24 2003, 04:02 AM
holy crap! no beer on sunday? wtf is this world coming to? i thought our 2am-6am no alchohol law was bad.

and they diss on cali... :bash: .

im pretty sure assachusets is only till 12 (possibly 11)
NY is 24/7 i think

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2003, 12:18 AM
CT laws- used to be 8pm. NOTHING on sun for liquore stores.

bars:
sun-thurs: 12:30 last call, 1am close
fri-sat: 1:30 last call, 2am close

B. those are the State Laws, each town can vary those closing times as they see fit.
ie.
Wallingford (which is in the Guiness book for most bars per/square block)
has differnt closing times.

Mon-Thurs: 11:30 last call, 12pm close
Fri-Sat: 1:30 last call, 2am close
Sun: 10:30 last call, 11:00pm close

so I'm sure other towns/cities in CT all vary slightly.

no shit. i never knew that. I've enevr been to a bar that closes earlier unless it was dead in there or something...

Back