New Girl, Need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt know I'd get attacted for being in a rush and spelling a couple words wrong, maybe I should point out every grammer mistake anyone makes in the near future :rolleyes: Oh and I think I admited to not being the best speller. But then again I dont appreciate anyone who doesnt know me telling me that I will know nothing on "Espn" because College basketball and college sports in general are my life. Season comes around and my dad and I barely leave the house every time the illini play.

btw this has gotten SO off topic. lol

You'd get attacked because you are portraying yourself as an educated person but not proving it with your posts. I can read type-o's and know everyone makes them... including the geniuses on this board. If you don't like peoples' opinions, you shouldn't be on forums. That's all the boards are. Truth is, people WILL say what they want to say and in doing so may piss you off. Sure, they don't know you. They can't. But, if you don't care what peoples' opinions are or don't appreciate people who don't know you telling you things that are 'untrue' to you... then I suggest you look into other options than forums. It's all in perception.

I know how you feel as well, though. I love sports. I love racing. I love learning about the things I love. I hope you continue your studies and work toward your dream. Even if you aren't the best speller or bad with grammar, you'll only be reading a teleprompter anyway, right? :)

Last edited:
You'd get attacked because you are portraying yourself as an educated person but not proving it with your posts. I'm not judging you. I can read type-o's and know everyone makes them... including the geniuses on this board. If you don't like peoples' opinions, you shouldn't be on forums. That's all the boards are. Truth is, people WILL say what they want to say and in doing so may piss you off. Sure, they don't know you. They can't. But, if you don't care what peoples' opinions are or don't appreciate people who don't know you telling you things that are 'untrue' to you... then I suggest you look into other options than forums.

I know how you feel as well, though. I love sports. I love racing. I love learning about the things I love. I hope you continue your studies and work toward your dream. Even if you aren't the best speller or bad with grammar, you'll only be reading a teleprompter anyway, right? :)

:) Nice.

Not worth replying to honestly....being an educated person, and I'm not showing it through my posts when I have not gotten no more than 10% of positive feedback to the actual REASON I made the post in the first place. I'm not here to start trouble, or "drama" with you or anyone else, tbh, the last two forums I was on in my home town (not quite as large as this forum, only around 500 members), I was the admin and creator of the first and was the top mod of the second, so you should know that I'm not your typical "female on the forums" that I'm sure your assuming me to be. But yes it hits home when someone insults my intelligence when I pride myself very highly for my education and knowledge. I've succeeded in everything I've ever put my heart into.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback ;)

I can't help you on the OP because I'm not from the area. I did comment on the mustang and asked a question which I never received a reply, but I know why. I'm not here to argue with you, either. It's nice to know the girls on HondaSwap aren't the only ones who enjoy the same things. For the record, I haven't assumed anything about you. I haven't seen anything else you've posted and I would be an idiot to claim to know anything about you. The wonder of the internet is that you can be anything. I've had my own share of Admin and Mod abilities on other forums as well, but that makes no difference here. Hey, I'm with you on the insults of intelligence. It happens every time I go to the auto parts store. ;)

Did you decide on a new car yet?

I can't help you on the OP because I'm not from the area. I did comment on the mustang and asked a question which I never received a reply, but I know why. I'm not here to argue with you, either. It's nice to know the girls on HondaSwap aren't the only ones who enjoy the same things. For the record, I haven't assumed anything about you. I haven't seen anything else you've posted and I would be an idiot to claim to know anything about you. The wonder of the internet is that you can be anything. I've had my own share of Admin and Mod abilities on other forums as well, but that makes no difference here. Hey, I'm with you on the insults of intelligence. It happens every time I go to the auto parts store. ;)

Did you decide on a new car yet?

I appreciate that. Tbh, the reason why you have no reply is because I'm not the owner of the car, I just did the work, paid for all its mod's and have held his time slips. I enjoyed his car. Expecially for not being a domestic person, it was a thrill for me to learn something so intertaining for me about MUSTANGS!? lol who would have thought!?

And I appreciate that. A little respect on both ends goes a long way.

And yes I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Honda S2000, it's not too quick but I trust Honda's and Toyota's and I think it's my best bet.

Exactly why I said I knew why I didn't get a reply. :) You said you'd have to dig up timeslips. Well, I wish you the best with your purchase. I had an xB and got a Honda Fit. I have to say I'm not a big fan of any of Toyota's products... but that's because the xB I happened to drive all the time was a big piece of junk. It literally began falling apart at 80k. Not what I'd expected from Toyota. Was impressed with the Corolla but the S is not what I wanted. XRS I would have bought if they'd made it currently... but discontinued it a few years back. None of those cars are even close to what you're looking for though... lol

Go with the S2000. Tuned one that was supercharged and had Rick's Gears. Goodness that thing was fun to drive.

Exactly why I said I knew why I didn't get a reply. :) You said you'd have to dig up timeslips. Well, I wish you the best with your purchase. I had an xB and got a Honda Fit. I have to say I'm not a big fan of any of Toyota's products... but that's because the xB I happened to drive all the time was a big piece of junk. It literally began falling apart at 80k. Not what I'd expected from Toyota. Was impressed with the Corolla but the S is not what I wanted. XRS I would have bought if they'd made it currently... but discontinued it a few years back. None of those cars are even close to what you're looking for though... lol

Go with the S2000. Tuned one that was supercharged and had Rick's Gears. Goodness that thing was fun to drive.

wow Im sorry to hear about your Toyota experience, toyota and lexus is ALL my family have ever owned. All of our cars have ran well over 100000 plus, two old toyota trucks my dad owned actually ran all the way past 250000 until he sold them. Now both my parents are rolling in it so they trade in their lexus's all the time lmao.

Yeah I think I will have good luck with the S2000, I really would rather go with a toyota but sense they are not making the Supra, the GT4 or a brand new convertible version of the new celica anymore, those are the only three I'd really want out of toyota right now. My little celica is amazing, well over 100000 miles and runs like a dream, nothing is wrong with it..interior or exterior. It looks like its brand new and other than the minor work you have to do on a old car, I couldnt ask for more out of the old thing. But I cant wait for my new one either. lol

Well, that's just my personal experience. Doesn't help that my boyfriend likes to TRY to blow up his cars... I think he's the worst thing to happen to that poor xB, but Toyota Town here isn't exactly known for their customer service... so, that had a lot to do with it too. I would love to have a Supra. My ex-brother in law owns one and I got the chance to drive it. Excellent for speed, but don't recommend high speed cornering unless you have SERIOUS suspension upgrades. I've also thought an IS300 to be a nice 'family' oriented car... which is what I was looking to buy, but didn't want to buy used since I'd like to be the one to put all those miles on the car. I've seen one of the older Toyota trucks in the Gilroy dealership that had (no kidding) 300,000 miles on it. The guy said he slacked on the oil changes and the tune ups too. I can't knock them, really, but I guess I just chose the wrong Toyotas. :p When I saw my Fit, I fell in love with it and took it home. What matters is we all make the proper choices keeping what the car's function is in mind. :) All that matters to you should be what YOU think and what YOU want. :)

Well, that's just my personal experience. Doesn't help that my boyfriend likes to TRY to blow up his cars... I think he's the worst thing to happen to that poor xB, but Toyota Town here isn't exactly known for their customer service... so, that had a lot to do with it too. I would love to have a Supra. My ex-brother in law owns one and I got the chance to drive it. Excellent for speed, but don't recommend high speed cornering unless you have SERIOUS suspension upgrades. I've also thought an IS300 to be a nice 'family' oriented car... which is what I was looking to buy, but didn't want to buy used since I'd like to be the one to put all those miles on the car. I've seen one of the older Toyota trucks in the Gilroy dealership that had (no kidding) 300,000 miles on it. The guy said he slacked on the oil changes and the tune ups too. I can't knock them, really, but I guess I just chose the wrong Toyotas. :p When I saw my Fit, I fell in love with it and took it home. What matters is we all make the proper choices keeping what the car's function is in mind. :) All that matters to you should be what YOU think and what YOU want. :)

tbh, my intention is to not get a car that automatically has the "get up and go". I like to be the one doing work on it because I learn in the process and it intrigues me to take care of and know how my automobiles work.

The S2000 will be a good purchase, Honda's a wonderful car's as well and I trust them. I know it wont be breaking down on me and I know that I'll be able to work on it and take care of it for many years to come. This will be my first brand new car. :)

Didnt know I'd get attacted for being in a rush and spelling a couple words wrong, maybe I should point out every grammer mistake anyone makes in the near future :rolleyes: Oh and I think I admited to not being the best speller. But then again I dont appreciate anyone who doesnt know me telling me that I will know nothing on "Espn" because College basketball and college sports in general are my life. Season comes around and my dad and I barely leave the house every time the illini play.

btw this has gotten SO off topic. lol
You were mainly attacked for claims you made about a stock mustang running a certain time when many people on the boards know what the times should be for said vehicle. Anyone whether it be male or female will get attacked for any claims they make if people know otherwise and you can't produce any kind of proof to back up your claims.

Any car has potential. The S2000 has plenty of get up and go out of the box, but you can always work on it... you could even buy a Pinto. ;) But if you're wanting a new project to learn with, Honda seems to be a good bet. You sound like you've had your experiences with Toyota and Ford. Maybe it's time to learn about Hondas. :) Hence, why you may stick around as a contributing member here. :)

And there's nothing like the feeling of buying a brand new car. I felt lucky to do so at 25. :) Even if it is a slow little family car. But, that's what I bought it for. The integra is the race car. ;)

Oh boy... I'm bored... I'm the only one replying... I have nothing to do... sorry to extend this thread beyond belief.

Any car has potential. The S2000 has plenty of get up and go out of the box, but you can always work on it... you could even buy a Pinto. ;) But if you're wanting a new project to learn with, Honda seems to be a good bet. You sound like you've had your experiences with Toyota and Ford. Maybe it's time to learn about Hondas. :) Hence, why you may stick around as a contributing member here. :)

And there's nothing like the feeling of buying a brand new car. I felt lucky to do so at 25. :) Even if it is a slow little family car. But, that's what I bought it for. The integra is the race car. ;)

Oh boy... I'm bored... I'm the only one replying... I have nothing to do... sorry to extend this thread beyond belief.
Your 1st time buying a brand new car was just last year????????????

Lol, your giving me good feedback and good conversation, extend it as much as you want lol. I never thought after your first post I'd grow fond of you lol.

Yes I have had my experiences with Toyota and Ford and although I'm very loyal to Toyota, working with the mustang was a new experience and I loved it. I love learning new things...expecially learning to work on vehicles on your own. Thats why I think I'm going to enjoy learning from the S2000, it will be new but it will also be something new to learn.

oh and at 25 to buy your own brand new car, thats an accomplishment and something you should be proud of. I have nothing to be proud of, I'm getting it handed to me. :( But its not like anyone would deny a car given to them, I'm still just a poor college student trying to find which path I'm suposed to go on. lol

Lol, your giving me good feedback and good conversation, extend it as much as you want lol. I never thought after your first post I'd grow fond of you lol.

Yes I have had my experiences with Toyota and Ford and although I'm very loyal to Toyota, working with the mustang was a new experience and I loved it. I love learning new things...expecially learning to work on vehicles on your own. Thats why I think I'm going to enjoy learning from the S2000, it will be new but it will also be something new to learn.

oh and at 25 to buy your own brand new car, thats an accomplishment and something you should be proud of. I have nothing to be proud of, I'm getting it handed to me. :( But its not like anyone would deny a car given to them, I'm still just a poor college student trying to find which path I'm suposed to go on. lol

Well, I had help. ;) I pay the monthly and I do have to repay the down payment, but it still is a nice feeling to have people in your family willing to help you out. So what if it's being handed to you? At least you can say that and not be a snob about it. I could go on and on about girls like that. At least you want to do something with it. Thanks for the compliments. :) I appreciate it.

I'm sure you have something to be proud of. :) We all still have a lot of life left anyway... and just so you know... my first car was handed to me... same with my second... I still own the second and I'm more sentimental about that car than anything. Sure I can't stand the person who gave it to me, but what the car and I have been through...

Well, I had help. ;) I pay the monthly and I do have to repay the down payment, but it still is a nice feeling to have people in your family willing to help you out. So what if it's being handed to you? At least you can say that and not be a snob about it. I could go on and on about girls like that. At least you want to do something with it. Thanks for the compliments. :) I appreciate it.

I'm sure you have something to be proud of. :) We all still have a lot of life left anyway... and just so you know... my first car was handed to me... same with my second... I still own the second and I'm more sentimental about that car than anything. Sure I can't stand the person who gave it to me, but what the car and I have been through...

thank you. My parents worked hard to be who they are today, my dad went to college for 10 years and thats the reason why he has handed me both my first car and now my soon to be brand new second car. I appreciate everything my family has done for me because they worked hard to give me everything I'll ever need in life. It's an amazing feeling to know you have so much support and love behind you.

I'll give anything to be half the person my father is. But then again we learn from our parents and we grown in their footsteps from the guidance they provided us. Lol our topics have gone just about every way they can go tonight, I'm heading to bed. Hope you have a good night :) ttyl

I have purchased every vehicle owned (94 Le Baron GTC, and now my 00 civic) =(. Screw all of you! I actually just got done swapping my tranny after it ate my axles for lunch and went out, and I come back to this crap! I kid, but she's not very innocent btw. I got yelled at for not living as close as she thought ='(

Wow, good discussion... but that's what forums are for. :)

And yes I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Honda S2000, it's not too quick but I trust Honda's and Toyota's and I think it's my best bet.

It can be made VERY quick for not too much effort- so it's definitely a good platform to start with. That's how I saw mine. :)

I have purchased every vehicle owned (94 Le Baron GTC, and now my 00 civic) =(. Screw all of you! I actually just got done swapping my tranny after it ate my axles for lunch and went out, and I come back to this crap! I kid, but she's not very innocent btw. I got yelled at for not living as close as she thought ='(

lmao i'd hardley call that yelling Sean. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back