New to HondaSwap and got some questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah thats the prob. i can suply power to the ignition thru my imobilizer remote and relays. im not shore about the cranking time, i dont want to hold the starter in mesh for to long.

i have seen relays that dont need a steady feed to activate them. once my work did a boat with a 350chev motor in it and the customer wanted to shut the feul off if the engine wasnt running, even if the ignition was on. we used an electronic relay that got a feed from the dizzy, the feed was a pulse and not a steady feed, but it could still stay closed from the pulse.
maybee if i used one of these and got a feed from the tacho, so once the engine got up to speed the starter can switch off.

yeah kinda like a rpm activated switch for v-tec only it would shut off power instead of supplying it.That seems like a damn good idea.

you know that thing I was talking about you could probly buy one from a car stereo shop or maybe they would know where to get one or what its called to help your search???

do you know anyplace for me to find a good schematics on the inside wiring harness of a 93 civic coupe??

I cant wait to pick my car up and start working on it.

theres no engine or tranny but I can still do all this while I wait for the new engine to be deliver but man I get bored as hell with nothing to work on all I get to do is go outside and clean up goat heads and trash lol fun fun

id suggest a work shop manual you could try your local library. my library has heaps of them, but you cant hire them, only photo copy. im shore there would be some somewhere on the net though.

:D this is the car I did the push button start in through the horn
Keep in mind this car was completely stock except lowered and stereo system and I changed the 70hp crap engine with the 90hp crap engine lol

Last edited:
If you make your horn your starter button, you'll get exactly what you deserve.

It's like bitching about not getting free healthcare when all you do is buy hookers.

If you make your horn your starter button, you'll get exactly what you deserve.

It's like bitching about not getting free healthcare when all you do is buy hookers.

I really don't see why everyone is hating on me or my ideas because I am being creative.

How am I going to be getting what I deserve by using something that my car did not have anyway.

well not did not have but was not in use and I only came up with the idea because my steering wheel was swapped with a Grant steering wheel that had two buttons hid underneath the leather.

so I decided to do that just to be sneaky. I have not had a problem at all yet on any of my cars and I even used the rear wipers switch from a civic hatch that had one and swapped it into my car and hooked up the push button start through the rear wipers switch and had no problem there either.

I mean really why is everyone hating on this idea?

Its sneaky,its clean,its anti theft,its creative etc etc

I am not saying that this is the reason but it sounds like people are jealous that they didnt think of doing it first.

Plus I like the engine in that car but all the video is of is it starting which is cool because its probly one done right after a swap or conversion or what not but I like my video way better not only cuz its a smoke show but because I had no engine swap or mods on mine and I was suprised that my hatch could do such a nice burn out.

It was longer at one point in time but I messed up editing it originally and I had it looped into another one and lost half of this one and all of the other

Last edited:
New Cluster insert

Ok I went through my base model 90 civic hatchs gauge cluster(old one since I dont have the car it came out of any more) and decided that it would be cool to do some mods to it that wiould be completely custom.

I would like to know what you all think of these and I know that I am gonna get some people tryng to hate or just say they think its stupid shit etc etc so if you are one of them just don't act stupid just say in your opinion you dont like it ok.If you have any "GOOD" ideas on something else I could do to the pics like maybe change something or what not????

Heres how it looks stock--

Here is how its going to be if I put my shift light LED into the cluster--

And last but not least here is what it will look like with the V-Tec activation light on the cluster--

I have done the schematics on the relays but I can not get it off my other computer and will do one right now on this comp

I did this with my 81 Celica. It wasn't worth it.

The starter in the horn idea is classic stupidity. Lemme tell you something - working with the firedepartment you wouldn't believe how many car fires I've come across (I'm not a firefighter, but I have done some training / teaching) and they have all been started from some fucked up radio wiring, or some hare-brained idea like making the horn a starter button.

I did this with my 81 Celica. It wasn't worth it.

The starter in the horn idea is classic stupidity. Lemme tell you something - working with the firedepartment you wouldn't believe how many car fires I've come across (I'm not a firefighter, but I have done some training / teaching) and they have all been started from some fucked up radio wiring, or some hare-brained idea like making the horn a starter button.

I can understand peoples concerns about hazards and stuff but to be honest I am very very picky and I like check and re check over and over.

I am not certified or anything like that but I have been doing wiring stuff since I was 13 I believe if not a year younger and I will be going through all the schooling hopefully shortly and my friends dad is certified and I worked with him doing wiring and stuff for alot of those years.

Thats not saying that I might not make a mistake but thats why I check it so much and have not had a problem as of yet.

I even check wires and all connections for any type of heat while trying to start with the ignition only on acc that way it wont start and can be turned over to try and produce some heat in the wiring and nothing yet.

Yeah I was bored and looked at my old gauge cluster I had swapped out b4 selling and just said hey I could do that and its going to be like 2 bucks to make the whole thing if that so if I dont like it I can just switch it back.

But I do think they look alot better then the original one.

no I am trying to get a document I made on word posted on here because I made a schematic for the push button start seat belt switch set up I was talking about and it involves 3 relays right now and I really dont want to use more then 2 and was wondering if you all could look at it and maybe help me bring it down to 2

never mind it says my file is too big but here is where all the wires need to go and this schematic does depend on if the horn out put is neg or positive I have it set as if it is neg like 88-91 civic

Relay #1
30-Connect To + Power
85-Connect To Horn Button
86-Connect To 30 of Relay 1
87A-Nothing
87-Connect To Relay # 2

Relay #2
30-Connect To 87 From Relay #1
85-To + Power
86-Seat Belt Switch
87A-To 85 From Relay #3
87- To Starter Wire
(Either From Ignition switch or From Stock Fuse Block)

Relay #3
30-Ground
85-
86-Connect To 30 of Relay #2
87A-
87-To Horn Wire From Steering Column

yeah the two wires that go to the seat belt female end I plan on first finding out if the switch inside the seat belt latch either connects the curcuit when it has the seat belt plugged in or if it connects the curcuit when the seat belt is not plugged in.

If it completes the curcuit when the seat belt is latched I am going to cut the two wires and ground one of them if one isnt already grounded and then run the other wire to relay #2 on connection 86

So the car will start when you plug your seatbelt in, and won't stop until you pull it out.... Which, by the way goes alittle something like this:

86-Seat Belt Switch

Which gives you absolutely nothing.

listen, and I say this because I care - You're not ready to go doing this. You are in NO MEANS WHATSOEVER knowledgeable of electronics, electricity, or even observation. You shouldn't do this.

just because I am asking questions doesnt mean I dont know what I am doing.

and no I just dont want the starter to ingage when the seat belt is not latch.

for two reason one I am bad at wearing my seat belt and two it is a sneaky anti theft device.

I know what I am doing but unless I do the stuff hands on I have trouble thinking sometimes damn concussions lol

If my car was here right now I probly would not be asking for your help but I want all this planned before my baby gets here so I can do it right away.

I dont have the keys to my garage because my land lord is away and locked it so I can not go in there and get my manuals and diagrams.

What you're describing is a connection from "your seatbelt" (I suppose after the switch in the buckle) that goes to the part of the relay marked "seatbelt". That will do NOTHING for you.

Also, this isn't 12 volts going over that line either. I wear my seatbelt all the time, and my car has never been stolen - and to acheive this I never once hacked into the .. seatbelt wiring.

You're going about it ALL WRONG.

I didnt say you didnt wear ur seatbelt all the time I said I dont do well at it and either no one wants to steal ur car or you have gotten lucky and I like my idea cuz atleast the push button has saved my white hatch in that smoke show video from theft 2 times.

So from experience I like what I have its cheaper then a car alarm and hell they dont work anyway lol

Back