Projector headlights went out

Which headlights should I get?

• HID?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or any other kind you guys can think

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok so ya I get done from my run and disarm my alarm and I notice my parking lights for my passenger side headlight is out (my halo rings) So I guess this means I should get some new ones huh? well I havn't decided what kind I want I mean I like the ones I have now. But I dunno if I should get HID's and what kind I should get? Do I need stock headlights for HID's? Thanks for all your input!

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 20 2005, 10:31 PM
Do they happen to  be Gen3's?
[post=557462]Quoted post[/post]​

no Idea they are 2pc halo projector...they came on the car I guess I could do some research to check...

if it were a coupe or hatch I'd say to get TYC one-piece projectors, but you have a sedan so you're out of luck.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 20 2005, 10:56 PM
if it were a coupe or hatch I'd say to get TYC one-piece projectors, but you have a sedan so you're out of luck.
[post=557483]Quoted post[/post]​

I can get 1peice but I dunno about TYC..I dunno what to get lol!

I wouldn't waste my time with the cheapo ones. If I were buying aftermarket headlights, they would be TYC or nothing.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 21 2005, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't waste my time with the cheapo ones. If I were buying aftermarket headlights, they would be TYC or nothing.
[post=557617]Quoted post[/post]​

any places I can buy them?
*EDIT*
TYC are 2/3 door only lol...

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 21 2005, 09:55 AM
Yea get TYC two piece, don't they have those?
1 pc > 2pc
TYC > *
Dirty broken condoms > Gen3
[post=557640]Quoted post[/post]​

ebay didn't have any 2pc TYC's they are all 1 peice and I think 1 peice only fit on 2/3 dr models...I am just gonna get HID's a friend from around here can install a new pair of headlights with HID's for about 500 with labor...so I can't complain with that...

the halo's are your parking lights, as in THE parking lights???

i would cut the wires to the other halo and leave those lights in...

Get the TYC headlights- TYC does make one that's just a headlight unit replacement (no corner, no one piece) so you can fit it on the sedan. The beam pattern is still really good, and you can drop in some Audi/BMW bi-xenon HID projectors later when you have the money. This is the route I was going to follow with my EG8.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 21 2005, 07:09 PM
Get the TYC headlights- TYC does make one that's just a headlight unit replacement (no corner, no one piece) so you can fit it on the sedan. The beam pattern is still really good, and you can drop in some Audi/BMW bi-xenon HID projectors later when you have the money. This is the route I was going to follow with my EG8.
[post=558045]Quoted post[/post]​

ya my friend was saying that he used projectors and BMW lights and mixed the two to make a HID headlight kit...but he was gonna charge me 500 bucks including labor..he is charging me 100 for labor cuase it takes like 32 hours lol...I dunno its not just one wire...it plugs into my factory harness and I dunno what wire it is...and yes its JUST my parking lights...halo's and cornors go on when parking lights are on.

32 hours?! It shouldn't take anywhere near that long. I wasn't talking about just replacing the low beams on the projectors- I was talking about getting just the TYC headlight replacement:

80-6225-01.jpg

Get those, then mount an entire bi-xenon projector (high AND low beam) from an Audi or BMW into the housing.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 21 2005, 11:08 PM
32 hours?! It shouldn't take anywhere near that long. I wasn't talking about just replacing the low beams on the projectors- I was talking about getting just the TYC headlight replacement:

80-6225-01.jpg

Get those, then mount an entire bi-xenon projector (high AND low beam) from an Audi or BMW into the housing.
[post=558192]Quoted post[/post]​

and where do those come from? and how much are those headlights? and im a wiring dummy so I would get confused...thats why I was gonna have him do it here look at what he did to his...JDM HID shots

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC+Sep 22 2005, 08:42 AM-->
@Sep 21 2005, 11:08 PM

80-6225-01.jpg

[post=558192]Quoted post[/post]​

and where do those come from? and how much are those headlights? and im a wiring dummy so I would get confused...thats why I was gonna have him do it here look at what he did to his...JDM HID shots
[post=558339]Quoted post[/post]​

Those are all over eBay, and typically run about $100-120 shipped. The stock wiring is the same as the stock headlight- it takes an H4 bulb. If wiring confuses you, don't attempt to add HIDs on your own.

I would deffinatly go for an HID setup. I went that route and once you get HIDs you wont ever go back to halogens. You're probably better off to let your friend do the retrofit if hes done them before. If you want to learn to do them yourself then check out http://www.hidplanet.com/forums.

Back