Questioning life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think my only anger stems from the depression she went through before we split. It caused her to only do the bare necessities such as work, take kids to school, vice versa, and sleep. We didn't really communicate or have much other contact of any kind for weeks, and I got really frustrated about that.

I also got angry when I saw that she married so fast, but thats my own fault for keeping up with her.

I'm wondering if I'll need the bp pills much longer with the way I'm working plus biking...hopefully not!

Don't let her shitty life bring you down.
She made, and continues to make, poor choices.
Getting married so quick is a sign of instability and rushing into things. Another poor choice. $5 says she'll be divorced again in a few years. Some people do it for legal reasons, like getting health insurance, green cards, etc. But if none of that is not on the table, it's a reach for security in an insecure person.
You're so better off without her man. She has all the signs of it.

I know, it's tough to see. You find your self making excuses for her... I do it to.

Fact is, girls run away all the time. They never handle shit. Almost ever relationship I've ever been in, at the end, the girl just refused to talk, work on anything, return phone calls, nothing... They think it's better. They think they need time to think and come up with answers that are one sided because they refuse to participate and understand the other side. Meanwhile, they leave their men to go crazy, running through our heads the 'what ifs' and trying to figure out wtf went wrong.

That's like going to court and only hearing the plaintiffs before sentencing.

This is why most relationships fail. They get it in their heads that their way is right and refuse to address things as a team instead of an individual. While it is prudent to take care of ones self, if you can't figure things out as a team, it's already over.

I hope they make it, I'm the one who left, and although I'd like to have her back, her happiness means more. I don't think our connection will ever be beaten on either side, but life goes on.

You want her, but not all that comes with her as a package deal. if you don't want it all, you need to find something else. Leaving was the best thing for you, even though it sucks.

I've thought many times "ill never find someone better" and then, bam, HOLY CRAP THIS GIRL IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE EX!!!!"!1111" it's all perspective and while you're in the shit, it's impossible to see it objectively because, naturally, you're weighted towards bad emotions and feelings of lonliness. That's honestly the hardest part. for me any way

Yeah thats how I feel. We enjoyed doing the same things, never really had an argument, got along great...unfortunately its not that simple.

yep, same deal... my ex or whatever the hell she is to me introduced me to a whole new life style... i did more new things since we were together than i did probably in the past 4 or 5 years combined. Losing that is going to be hard for me. probably the hardest part, actually. It's not so much that I can't do it any more myself or with someone else, but it's just not the same, and someone from another culture probably won't understand, or like most americans aren't adventurous with foods and doing odd things. I loved being exposed to the new things and learning a new language... i actually ordered dinner in thai once... and got what i expected lol It was hard for her to find someone to appreciate that about her too, so it was a win-win.

To quote Jeff, "there's like 8 billion other people you could date."

A guy I know goes Hispanics girls are hot until the first kid and its all down hill from there.

You will meet someone better, it may take time but someone better will come along.

Not doing very well unfortunately...life felt like it was turning around slightly there for a few weeks. Lost the warehouse job a couple days ago, tried & tried to hang out with a few friends recently to ride bikes, get the cars muddy, etc., and they all flake out.

Not sure what happened to friends who will at least reply to a text asking where they are when I'm waiting on them.

If everything happens for a reason, I'd like to know these reasons.

People who try to find out why things are the way they are in cases like this are the one that can't get over issues.

Fuck it, they keep flaking, stop asking, and who cares why. Unless it's because of you being a Debbie downer.

Move on and find new friends.

Meetup.com I've gone on a few bike rides with a local meetup.com group and it was great.

Do you have any employment options?

Transferring back to the grocery store I started at before the warehouse job, but won't get many hours & basically minimum wage.

As long as you can make ends meet. Don't worry about the hours or money. Work towards something better and when it happens it happens.

Main thing is keeping a roof over your head and food in your belly. Outside of that everything else is a perk.

You need to figure yourself out. Figure out what it's going to take to become a confident happy person. Set goals and slowly chip away at them. Let's go hang out with sad Johnny said no one ever. Gotta get out of the hole man. It's hard but once you get going in the right direction it will only get easier

Since you are working part time make sure you make use or your free time. Sitting around bitching will just make it worse. Learn Spanish or find something to study to make yourself more valuable.

Personally I think Spanish is a great idea. Once you learn the basics go out to places around Hispanics and start trying to talk with them. They will enjoy it and help you. Meetup also has language groups.

Making yourself more valuable makes landing a job much easier.

7ac.jpg

Btw if I interview someone who has been out of school or out of work for an extended period of time. I'll ask them what they did in their free time. Someone who just chills the whole time tends to be a shitty employees that does only what is needed. When people always push forward regardless of being on a break or whatever, is a great sign as an employer that they will be a solid employee.

Drove a friend to Va Beach shortly after posting this morning...he texted me & I was headed out less than 20 minutes later lol. Headed up to Baltimore after to stay with family overnight...hoping to check out the Air & Space museum in DC tomorrow before heading home. If not, I'd like to see the ocean.

Back