Silvergenius (part 2)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm sure he'll make a lot more than that..

I stopped going to class around march, didn't take a single final, and still pulled off a 1.8 gpa :D

For serious though, congrats.

2-3 more years of school and you'll need to earn 180k a year to break even on tuition :D

I have no debt and the VA is going to pay for my first year of lawschool. They removed the per-credit cap for public universities so the only thing I need to pay is the difference between in state and out of state which may be picked up by the yellow ribbon program.

That leaves me with 28K/yr X 2yrs. 56K in debt total. But I'm forecasting something like 40K total because we'll be chipping away at it during the summer. For 9 years of college (2 assoc, 1 bach, and a JD [2+2+2+3]) I would say that's pretty fair.

The median starting salary for a private sector attorney graduating from UC-B last year was 109K... I'll live

Tell me about it, you are talking to a guy with a 1.7 accumulative in highschool. Education is different when you hit your late 20's, your world view/priorities change and suddenly the classroom isn't bad at all. I could not have done this straight out of highschool, not even close...

I am 31 and have no interest in going back to school. I graduated college in 4 years with a 3.3 gpa.

Congrats, I would not have the determination. Good luck with law school.

Last edited:
Congrats man. My roommate goes to UW for law.

But to the above, 3.95 in polisci at u of o? C'mon.

No one else said. I'm just playing .COngrats man. I am going to go back to school in the next year or two.

Back