Smoke an SRT-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i agree with the rest.. ditch the LS tranny.. the tranny is alot easier to replace when the motor is out of the car..

All together cheer: DITCH THE TRANNY, DITCH THE TRANNY !

polish your own head! polish your own head!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I believe you've got a good chance against the "punk", especially with the nitrous. I ran a stock SRT-4 in my 94 Civic coupe twice with a b18c and the B16 transmission. I had an 11.5 lb. flywheel, Exedy clutch, AEM V2 intake, Buddy Club exhaust, 255 liter fuel pump, adjustable regulator, and was on street tires. I got him both times. I think he was a little shocked. I have added more in the mean time but looking at what you have, I would be surprised if you couldn't take him.
pretty sure he couldnt drive then. those thing put out around 230hp. how much did you take him by?
I never said I kicked his a$$, just that I beat him(As far as I am concerned, that's all that matters). I got him by a little over a car length the first time and 'bout a car length the second time. In fact, he actually had the lead(slightly) through first gear. As soon as I hit second, I pulled on him. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
All together cheer: DITCH THE TRANNY, DITCH THE TRANNY !

polish your own head! polish your own head!

WOOHOO!!! :wave: :toot:

We need more people who actually do their own work on this forum! Join the DIY group! Seriously, porting and polishing your head is not a hard thing to do if you just do a little research and put in a little blood and sweat into your project. I am much more satisfied with my car now than if I had just paid someone else to do it. Half the rewards are in the process you go through to learn about what you can do to increase performance. Learning is a good thing, and takes time and effort.

Believe me I'm a do it yourself guru but porting out a head is alot easier when you have access to a flow bench (which I do not have). Yeah anyone can match ports to a gasket then make the walls shinny but I want to know that the air is traveling nicely. Anyways I think I've found a tranny I can afford but we'll see. Next (and I'll post this in the parts section also) does anyone have a drive pulley just laying around I could get? Mine kinda blew into a million pieces when I was trying to get it off my engine. That thing had to have been put on by the incredible hulk. And I still don't have the damn thing off. So I'll be needing another one.

Save your money on the knife edging, micropolishing helps a little with a smooth oil film on bearings. Knife edging is not necessary in the least, especially for your setup. I don't know why everyone suggests a forged rotating assembly. Sounds like we have some ballers on here with some cash to throw around. Has anyone ever seen a snapped honda crank? Get some ARP rod bolts and your rods resized and that should be fine for your application. If you get aftermarket rods you are going to have to get the ITR pistons machined to use spiral locks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Save your money on the knife edging, micropolishing helps a little with a smooth oil film on bearings. Knife edging is not necessary in the least, especially for your setup. I don't know why everyone suggests a forged rotating assembly. Sounds like we have some ballers on here with some cash to throw around. Has anyone ever seen a snapped honda crank? Get some ARP rod bolts and your rods resized and that should be fine for your application. If you get aftermarket rods you are going to have to get the ITR pistons machined to use spiral locks.

Finally someone who understands that I'm a human being and not a lottery winner. I think I will ditch the crank work for a little extra cash.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Finally someone who understands that I'm a human being and not a lottery winner. I think I will ditch the crank work for a little extra cash.

I in no way made out of cash, nor do i have rich goodie to shoes parents. But when my bottom end went. i wanted it to be the last. The forged rotating assembly i got was a good deal and had to use my g- friends credit card.....which i'm still paying. But at least i know its gonna pretty tuff for me to blow it up again. what ever you choose is up to you. Good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
as long as you filed your rings for nitrous and your weak as piggy back is tuned right. Nitrous with VAFC....what are you thinking.
:werd: And the only way that you are gonna win that race is if you use the NOS. If all that work was done to a hatchback I would say that you have a much better chance, those SRT4s are fast.
you do know "NOS" is a brand rite... i think you mean N2O

my roommate is a certified welder, its his full time job. he does aluminum all the time, hes made some brakets and shit for the house all the time, and some neat diamod plate mudflaps for my other roommates tacoma. hmmmm what sort of intake mani would you need??

Back