stock b18c... turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The gsr motor has fairly decent compression from the factory. Running 10 psi is possible but probably isnt the best idea for long term durability. I tunned a stock gsr that had a drag turbo kit with 7 psi and it made about 230 at the wheels on a mustang dyno. The car was very quick just with that amount of boost. You could run a bit more boost if you like, but dont skimp on the fuel management. We were running 440cc rc injectors on that setup and they were more then adequate. I would run nothing more then 550cc injectors for your horsepower goals. They will still maintain good idle characteristics and you shouldnt see more then 80% duty cycle at the absolute most. Defintely convert to obd1 if you are not already and run CROME or hondata. I prefer CROME over anything because it works great and is very reasonably priced. DO NOT buy some unknown chipped ecu for this setup, you will probably blow it up in a matter of minutes. You need professional tunning to make this setup work and be reliable. You are better off buying some new injectors from rc just so you know they are good. I dont like used injectors unless they are tested and cleaned professionaly. But new ones are reasonably priced and are worth the piece of mine, also that way you dont have to fuck with a injector resistor box. They will be plug and play, unless you need the obd1 injector clips. Good luck!! ;)

I'm after a turbo for a gsr B18C which will produce up to around 325hp, however I dont want it to be in boost (or under very little boost) until around 3500+ rpm. Any suggestions on what size/type of turbo to go with?
I was thinking about a Garrett T3/T04E....would this be appropriate for my goal?

k im going to get some 550 rc injectors and i think im going to run with the hondata cuz i have heard so many good thing about it and how easy it is to tune. i eventually will start to build the motor prolly this winter but until then im anxious to put it on but still would like to do it the right way......chris.deyoung the bigger the turbo most likely the higher rpms it will spool depending one turbo housin. i got a large turbo so i can boost when i really want to as well as get better gas mileage instead of a smaller one that will be boosting alot sooner

I'm after a turbo for a gsr B18C which will produce up to around 325hp, however I dont want it to be in boost (or under very little boost) until around 3500+ rpm. Any suggestions on what size/type of turbo to go with?
I was thinking about a Garrett T3/T04E....would this be appropriate for my goal?

I am using the same turbo for my boosted ls/vtec. However it is a turbonetics that is a 50 trim, .48 ar. It would be great for what you want it for.

k im going to get some 550 rc injectors and i think im going to run with the hondata cuz i have heard so many good thing about it and how easy it is to tune. i eventually will start to build the motor prolly this winter but until then im anxious to put it on but still would like to do it the right way......chris.deyoung the bigger the turbo most likely the higher rpms it will spool depending one turbo housin. i got a large turbo so i can boost when i really want to as well as get better gas mileage instead of a smaller one that will be boosting alot sooner

You dont want a turbo thats too big. Especially if it is so big that by the time it spools you have to shift 2000 rpms later!!. I would suggest the turbo that me and the other guy on here were talking about. If you want good gas mileage dont boost around all the time!! Thats easier said then done for me.

so crome or hondata? money isnt really an issue as long as it is going to be done right. the tuner that is going to dynotune it prefers hondata but im sure he can do crome as well...

so crome or hondata? money isnt really an issue as long as it is going to be done right. the tuner that is going to dynotune it prefers hondata but im sure he can do crome as well...

If he can tune with hondata he can tune with Crome. I think crome is easier to use. To be honest they both work great. Crome is just cheaper. I got the pro version for a $150. I also use the moates ostrich and burn1 burner which was another $325. Thats $475 all together, plus I can tune and chip as many cars as I like. To get as many features as Crome pro you need to purchase the S300 system which I believe is almost $600 and it only comes with enough to do one ecu. The decision is yours, but they both work great. If your tuner prefers hondata then go for the S300 setup it works great. Good luck!

this guy really does know what he is doing(9 second civic) he just was sayin put big ones in so i wontever have to get ones later and he can change the impedancelevel or something with the hondatafor the injectors to run however we need them. is thata good price for the hondata and tune and everything though?

lol. you can't change the impedance of an injector with any tuning device known to man. just like you can't make a 4 ohm sub a 2 ohm sub. it is what it is.

Another good reason not to buy to large of an injector is idle quality. I am assuming this car was going to be driven on the street alot, so I would imagine you are looking for good driveability. Even with crome and hondata there is a limit to how well an injector will idle. If you have something ridiculosly large it will idle like a race car. Go to rc engineering's website and use the injector calculator to choose the right injector for your horsepower goals.

okay i will do that thank you, so anyone know much about block gaurds? i have heard two different stories on them and they are fairly cheap so if it will do good i would like to install one

okay i will do that thank you, so anyone know much about block gaurds? i have heard two different stories on them and they are fairly cheap so if it will do good i would like to install one

Everyone has their own opinions on block guards. Personally I think they are junk. They can create hot spots and effect cooling. When I need a block to be stronger I have it sleeved.

well i talked to the tuner he said that he really doesnt like to tune with crome they have had more porblems in the long run with it and he also said with the amount of time tuning it i would be spending aroung the same as getting the s100 installed and tuned, so im not sure what to do he likes hondata and it seems here everyone prefers crome and there isnt many tuners where im at. another thing is with either one would i need to get a wideband or SAFC?

wideband is necessary for tuning purposes, your tuner should have this.
safc, is not necessary.

where are you located?

im in kansas. i have doing alot of tuning homework and i really want to get crome installed especially if the crome pro is 150 and does the same exact thing as the s300 for 600 and i will have to buy the wideband for either one of them... where can i find everything i need?

xenocron.com and moates.net have everything you need.

crome pro is on par with hondata s200.

the s300 is an entirely new system which doesn't use chips and is more advanced..... but you can still get a damn solid tune on crome

so what i understand is on crome you burn a chip that is for the tune on your car so i f any adjustments need done you just burn a new chip, and with hondata u change the chipit comes with manually by plugging in the ecu to a computer?

and another thing, there are two package deals if i already i have a ecu that is chipped, can i use that or will have to get the one with the ecu that is already chipped, not sure if it is any different.....

here. dont build the block but do this.
get an oem metal HG / arp headstuds, rc 550 injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, p28 chipped ecu with hondata s200/s300 with boost (if you decide no crome), get any sort of aftermarket FPR, 3 in. downpipe, and get one hell of a killer tune.

Back