The Black 89

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Weird how I'm use to putting 5-6k into a good set of wheels and tires for my car, where in the sho world you get a built race car.

Weird how I'm use to putting 5-6k into a good set of wheels and tires for my car, where in the sho world you get a built race car.

its not a built race car, its a 100% stock clean 50/50 leather plus package car ( only made in 91, comes stock with the slicers, fiberglass hood, painted to match mirrors and emblems) , unmolested and taken care of

applause.gif

Soo yesterday, I fixed the exhaust since the new y-pipe has been installed, changed the oil, resurfaced the rotors, changed front brake pads, spark plugs, air filter, cars running better than ever, glad I got to put it on my uncles lift in blue ridge, found out theres been even more stuff replaced on my car than I was aware of, not only have the cv's been replaced, every single bushing in the front end has been changed, ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rod ends (inner and outer) , turdbox is driving great, its crazy how much different the torque curve is , also picked up a set of 205/55/16s to go on the slicers (like white wheels that were on my white 90) that im picking up next week, and got to learn how to use a brake lathe today (very familiar with cnc/lathe machines) , not like anyone cares, but thought id share

Soo yesterday, I fixed the exhaust since the new y-pipe has been installed, changed the oil, resurfaced the rotors, changed front brake pads, spark plugs, air filter, cars running better than ever, glad I got to put it on my uncles lift in blue ridge, found out theres been even more stuff replaced on my car than I was aware of, not only have the cv's been replaced, every single bushing in the front end has been changed, ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rod ends (inner and outer) , turdbox is driving great, its crazy how much different the torque curve is , also picked up a set of 205/55/16s to go on the slicers (like white wheels that were on my white 90) that im picking up next week, and got to learn how to use a brake lathe today (very familiar with cnc/lathe machines) , not like anyone cares, but thought id share

After all this shop time, you're just NOW learning a brake lathe ?

Better late than never, I suppose.

After all this shop time, you're just NOW learning a brake lathe ?

Better late than never, I suppose.

honestly never even seen one before, it uses the same tool inserts as the mazak multiplex 630 I ran at RBC , pretty cool machine and hella simple

slicers I got for the 89, im not going to use the caps, putting firestone firehawk 225/55/16s on them , I think they will look good
945141_10152865945160076_1948813950_n.jpg

Couldn't you buy new lug nuts if you had 3 more caps?

Back