The Official 2005-2006 NBA Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
This should have started earlier but oh well...

What team do you guys like? Who do you think is gonna go all the way?

Lakers are my team. I was raised a Laker fan so I been through the ups, downs, the ups the past 5 years, now were going down again lol

Detroit is killing everyone this season but I fucking hate Detroit. IMO Detroit can't hang with Miami in a 7 Game Series but you never know.

my prediction for the finals is Miami and San Antonio.

BTW- did you guys see kobe drop 81 points on Toronto!!!

Detriot cant hang with Miami? WTF, did you see last year's series?

You're a fool if you think any one besides Detriot will come out of the East.

Unless Pheonix gets their act together or Dallas can keep winning, San Antonio will clinch the East (if Manu "I hope my family doesn't get kidnapped" Ginobili can stay healthy and off crack).

Quoted post[/post]]
Detriot cant hang with Miami? WTF, did you see last year's series?

You're a fool if you think any one besides Detriot will come out of the East.

Unless Pheonix gets their act together or Dallas can keep winning, San Antonio will clinch the East (if Manu "I hope my family doesn't get kidnapped" Ginobili can stay healthy and off crack).
that was last year, this year they are a completely different team with a DEEP ass bench. They match up so much better this year with Detroit than they did last year.

and San Antonio is in the West, I think your the one smoking the crack.

oh, note the part where I said "you never know"

You know what I meant, of course the west.

Miami doesnt have anything on anybody. Screw their bench. Screw Shaq and Wade. They got beat in the preseason, beat so far in the season, and will continue to do nothing against the Pistons.

Everyone hates because they're too good of a team, so sorry they dont have a LeBron/Bryant/etc. Try to tell me they aren't the #1 team in the game today. Nothing short of two starter injuries will stop them from being the champs.

Quoted post[/post]]
You know what I meant, of course the west.

Miami doesnt have anything on anybody. Screw their bench. Screw Shaq and Wade. They got beat in the preseason, beat so far in the season, and will continue to do nothing against the Pistons.

Everyone hates because they're too good of a team, so sorry they dont have a LeBron/Bryant/etc. Try to tell me they aren't the #1 team in the game today. Nothing short of two starter injuries will stop them from being the champs.
everyone hates because they are too good of a team? lol I've hated Detroit since the 88-89 Season when they took the Lakers out in the Finals. Yup since I was 5. been pissed off ever since. :laugh:

Don't act like you are the only one who likes Detroit and feel like you have to defend them. No one ever said they weren't good. I simply said I don't like them.

as far as them VS Miama, like I said before, they are a different team, with a different coach, and a 7 game series is different than the regular season. "Look what happened last year in the play-offs, blah blah blah" I know, but that was last year.

I know it was last year. But not every new season/coach/etc erases the past. How else can we measure what could happen. Why dont you question Miami's ability to go 7 games now? How does Pat Riely give them an edge? Maybe his record and championships speak for him. Then again, that was about 15 years ago, so its in the past :cool: .

Oh well, I just hope some other teams can step up. I hate watching blow outs in the playoffs (See NFL Conf playoff games, lol).

Quoted post[/post]]
I know it was last year. But not every new season/coach/etc erases the past. How else can we measure what could happen. Why dont you question Miami's ability to go 7 games now? How does Pat Riely give them an edge? Maybe his record and championships speak for him. Then again, that was about 15 years ago, so its in the past :cool: .

Oh well, I just hope some other teams can step up. I hate watching blow outs in the playoffs (See NFL Conf playoff games, lol).
as far as coach goes, I think Shaq repects him more therefore would probably try harder. He's spoken highly of Phil Jackson and he worked his ass off for him. Well maybe the 3 years they got their rings :p :laugh: but you know what I mean.

yeah, the football games have been blowouts lol hopefully the SuperBowl is good with Pittsburg coming out on top :)

Knicks fan. Too bad they suck major ball sack. Give em like 4 years, theyll be somethin.

I have alot of players that i like, Nowitzki, Garnett, Iverson. Those are probably my fav 3 playing right now. But man, my fav team of all time is the NYK when it was Sparks, Houston, Oakley, Mason, and Ewing (that mother fucker could sweat!!)

as far as teams go, id like to see the Mav's win. Too bad they have San Antonio and Tim Duncan to deal with in their division.

oh, and Channing Frye for rookie of the year, even tho itll prob go to Chris Paul.

Quoted post[/post]]
Knicks fan. Too bad they suck major ball sack. Give em like 4 years, theyll be somethin.

I have alot of players that i like, Nowitzki, Garnett, Iverson. Those are probably my fav 3 playing right now. But man, my fav team of all time is the NYK when it was Sparks, Houston, Oakley, Mason, and Ewing (that mother fucker could sweat!!)

as far as teams go, id like to see the Mav's win. Too bad they have San Antonio and Tim Duncan to deal with in their division.

oh, and Channing Frye for rookie of the year, even tho itll prob go to Chris Paul.
yeah, most likely Chris Paul will take Rookie of the Year.

Isaih(sp?) Thomas was on Quite Frankly and he asked the crowd "What was the first thing I did when I came to New York?" He was looking for "you instilled the dress code policy" but someone in the crowd blurted out "You got rid of everybody" they all laughed it off but it's true. He doesn't know WTF to do with the Knicks right now. Maybe he'll eventually figure it out but right now, he's making them go down the drain.

Antonio Davis did deserve his suspension but his money too? That is shady. Make your point that you're not supposed to go into the crowd by suspending him a few games but don't make the man pay for defending his wife. I would of ran up there too. and like the dumb ass that I am, I would of ran up there swinging. He showed good composure out there.

yeah, the antonio davis thing is way out of hand, its retarded now.

Isiah (sp) is in such a horrible situation, because he and his team make stupid deals, stupid contracts, and offfer stupid money to washed up losers so they have no money to spend on new talent...

Kinda off topic, but: OMG. Even Charles Barkley is saying Miami looks bad this season, lol. They got handed by the Suns w/o Stoudemire (sp?).

And I watched the Dallas/Seattle game. I really cant wait for the playoffs to watch them and the rest of the west (when dallas is playing a team like phoenix/san antonio/etc)

And what about that T'wolves-Celtics trade? Pretty weird swap that I just figure is a way to switch up things in the lockerroom. I cant see much bonus besides now the T'wolves have Blount, who can hopefully complement Garnett.

Quoted post[/post]]
Kinda off topic, but: OMG. Even Charles Barkley is saying Miami looks bad this season, lol. They got handed by the Suns w/o Stoudemire (sp?).

And I watched the Dallas/Seattle game. I really cant wait for the playoffs to watch them and the rest of the west (when dallas is playing a team like phoenix/san antonio/etc)

And what about that T'wolves-Celtics trade? Pretty weird swap that I just figure is a way to switch up things in the lockerroom. I cant see much bonus besides now the T'wolves have Blount, who can hopefully complement Garnett.
it's still the regular season. same thing happened to the Lakers during their last 2 championship seasons.

speaking of trades, I was hoping the Lakers would of swooped up Ron Artest but oh well. Artest for, um, I can't spell his last name lol, so uh, Peja. The Kings just got a lot better. Artest can't shoot the 3 as good as Peja, but his D is 5 times better and he's more consistent each night. I see the Kings finishing 5th or 6th in the west.

Back