The quest for DOHC_VTEC Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

All i know is that IT Consulting for a rather small but very profitable company = $$$$ :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
no... everyone in the accounting field makes good money. I was a "grunt" accounting intern pulling in 32k a year. I was summer only help due to school but if i would have stayed in it full time i would have made about that with no overtime.

Not sure how to tell you this, but $32k is shit. Even in Maryland.

For an intern hardly finished college... That is good pay to me. I mean damn, let me just drop out of school, and make a career now when i am so close to being done. That seems to be the thing to do around here. Yeah right... At the time 32k a year is alot on affording an apartment to live in, car insurance, and plenty of spending money left over. I am hardly in my mid to late 20's so my career will only go up from here.

I'm not in school at all, keeping an $800 rent and some bills together for $20 an hour ($42,000 yearly) and it sucks rat balls. Comfort begins at $50k.

that's when money doesn't really stress you out. You can eat well (Healthy food is expensive) and you can keep 1 hobby.

I won't look at another position where I can't make $50k, at least.

Quoted post[/post]]
i could more than comfortably live on 32k/yr.

you rent. cheaply at that.
you own a car. you don't have a payment.

there's no way you can afford a mortgage and a car payment.

i have a condo and a car payment that takes me for 1800 a month.
32k doesn't even make that a month.

and i'm FAR from living big...

25, Condo, WRX STi, Plasma screen or whatever you have this month ?

Not living big. No, not you.

You CAN live on $30k a year. It can be done. I have a friend with kids and he's on $30k a year. He's doing fine, keeps a project and all. You just have to be smarter about life. Keep your other bills down (No credit card debt, light on the TV channels and Phone options, etc) and you'll do fine.

This money is possible to live on - But to say that it's a great pay is an exageration.

if you saw my credit card statement this month, you'd do a back flip.......
fuck it, i don't care...

Balance $8,938.96
Pending Charges $43.40
Total Credit Limit $14,000.00
Available Credit $5,018.00
Next Closing Date 01/07/2006

so you see, i'm in the whole pretty good right now.... which is why i need to sell some shit... like my old computers, laptops, tuning gear, and i even tried to off my snowboard earlier this week...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i could more than comfortably live on 32k/yr.

you rent. cheaply at that.
you own a car. you don't have a payment.

there's no way you can afford a mortgage and a car payment.

i have a condo and a car payment that takes me for 1800 a month.
32k doesn't even make that a month.

and i'm FAR from living big...

true but then again i dont need a house. i dont need a new car. my total bills including insurance payment is about 1100. thats just a bit more than one paycheck.

i have a very nice spacious apartment, off street parking, 3 season porch to put stuff on.

eventually, im getting my parents house. its in the will. why bother buying my own when the house i dream of is only a few miles away?

edit: and im with steve. i have no debt. i have savings. i have credit cards incase of emergency. the only credit i seem to even use anymore is for gas. im sure i could spring for an 01 EX if i really desired it for a DD(my favorite honda since the EG Si) and pay the insurance no problem.

its where you put the money that counts :) you guys know me better than this.

so, you're waiting till your parents die? wtf...

sure, my parents are going to die some day too... and when they do, i'll have cash i won't know what to do with. my old man has been investing and turning over his money for years....

but, hes 51.

i'm not waiting 20 years.... or hopefully more.... before i move on with my life.

22, 25, 28... i just dont feel the need to own a piece of real estate in my twenties. this is a personal opinion. i dont need property to move on with my life. i like to travel. i may not move away from this area, but its nice to know if i want to pick up and leave for a few weeks i dont have to worry about my lawn, bills, etc etc homeowner stuff.

i dont have to worry about a lawn either.
bills can be paid in full from anywhere that has internet nowadays.
neighbors can get your mail for you.

Whatever your age, there is a wrong time and a right time to buy real estate. This past year was the wrong time. Maybe next year will be the right time.

Also, CT is about to lose some status. You wouldn't believe how many people are moving to Virginia or Tennessee from CT. Businesses included. This place is going to be a run-down ghost town shortly.

And I can't wait.

There was a time when towns outside of Philadelphia were the most expensive real estate in the country - now look at it. Philly is still the same, the interest has moved on. Unfortunately, I wasn't privvy to this when I lived in Colorado - because when I got there they were in the middle of a huge Californian migration.

this year was the wrong time to buy EXPENSIVE realestate.

condos and cheaper houses didn't get to crazy.... but 300k houses were going for a lot more than they should have...

Market doesn't work that way, but thanks for playing.

I'm sure someone told you that condos were a good buy because guess what - they were trying to sell you a condo.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

32k is far from pretty good money.

its' scraping by with no toys, at best.

25k is NATIONAL average for people fresh out of college with a degree. The northeast is slightly higher, but not much for people straight out of college. With that said, he made about average money.

As Celerity said, a usual accountant grunt doesn't make any money - if you own your own business and are an accountant you can make bank or if you work for a large firm but other than that you're SOL and making the average blue collar wages.

I'm with everyone on the B hating.

From what you post on here, you're living a little too large if you're worried about money.

I probably have nearly the same disposable income as you or larger and I don't spend the kind of money that you do on toys and such. If we just count the STi and insurance, I'm spending more than $500 less than you. Sure I'm living rent free but as I said, I'm just talking cars here and we're probably on a relatively close DI.

whoa whoa whoa back up clown... living rent free? What is this concept you speak of, and why are you piping in advice ? :mrgreen:

<no degree...some college..alot of experiance...and barely making $85Ks....and bought a new house...have 4 cars...3 are dead...all paid for...when the government gets done with my paycheck...I'm lucky to have 40Ks in the bank a year....many hobbies and too many projects...also have some major inherintance shit coming...but nothing stupid exciting....want to pay off the house before I'm 40 years old, want better toys. Need to finish edjumacation stuff, blown back and I have to work every waking moment it seems. No kids, but have a hungry wife and a pampered dog...and I smoke a pack a day and will kill a 6 pack in a heartbeat. I still have to build up the house to make it comfertable, and the garage is 90% done, still need to get more tools and parts for the toys...but if the OT is not available...then no toys. North East Winters kills wallets and the 60+ mile commute a day is not healthy for the wallet and the only running car. Mill rates on my house eats a huge chunk of my spendable cash every three months...and I'm about to refinance the mortgage to get the intrest down at least one percent.

Life sucks...then you get into debt...... :cry:

Back