The quest for DOHC_VTEC Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Clean up all of the little brain droppings you have about skinny, drunk, loose young girls and get a girlfriend with a career and a paycheck. Not a receptionist, not a stripper, but a girl with a real future.

then if you work together and come up with some common goals, and some common restraints, you'll be able to pull each other out of any hole and up the ladder together.

rent is one thing.

power, cable, heat, water, insurance, property taxes on the condo, property taxes on the car (almost 500 bucks this year...), food, etc etc... it adds up pretty damn quick.

i'm hardly a baller.

i'm lucky to take home 32k a year after unlce sam rapes me.
i work 50-55 hrs a week
i had 5 days off last year, 3 of which were thanksgiving, xmass, and memorial day (and only because the parade goes down the street my work is on...)
i blew 160 hours of vacation time.... on nothing, and i won't be comped for it. its gone. never took it. can't really take it unless i feel like working 90 hours the next week i'm back... so whats the freakin point of taking a vacation in the first place?

I MISS waiting tables and going to school.... life was cake.

i do side work.
i run this place, which eats a shit load of time.
i have 2 side jobs currently... small little ditties...
i'm working on another personal site
i'm working on another public site, and have ideas for a 3rd professional site that i want to kick off.

more over, i'm on my own.
i don't have a gf to help me with anything.
i don't have a roomate to help me with anything.
i don't have my parents to help me like most parents do financially.
i still have a couple G's in school loans to pay off for a degree i never got.

so yeah, i have a big tv- i sold a gsr civic to pay for that.
yeah, i have an sti... and i got the payment to show for it, and the bank owns it for another 4 years.
yeah, i have my own place, and the bank owns it for another 30 years...
i have 2 used couches i got for free.
steve hooked me up with a 3rd.
i have walmart furntire (end tables/coffee table)
i have walmart kitchen dishes, plates, silverware, etc.
i have 3 cases of ramen
i have ice in my freezer... nothing else.
i can't eat stuff fast enought to buy in bulk, so i end up overpaying getting the small sizes of stuff like mayo, etc...

i have 9k on my credit card, 8k of which came from buying stuff to move into this place. i moved in with a couple hundred on the card...

i made 52k in 05.

i am so not balling it...

hmmm

I'm all irritated because I can't seem to break $10k in the bank.

i had 22 at one point....

and then i got into cars.........

biggest mistake of my life. but, i had a lot of fun and learned a lot... so i guess, it was the cost of my education....

I had $17k way back in 2003 that I managed to blow in 8 months. Mostly in my cars, mostly in the gas I spent driving around the country :)

Good times. Stupid moves. Now I could be relaxing in a house and taking it all in stride.

i made 28K gross in 10 months last year. this year if i stay at compusmart and continue in my high growth client-getter pattern, im sure to break 35-40k easy doing the first job in my life that im not tired of after 6 months.

i pay for all my own stuff too guys. :)

sabrina just finished phlebotomy school, shes starting her internship in a few weeks. shes gonna be bankin too.

i guess ill have even more spending money when she moves in before the end of the month.

Phlebotomists make $12 an hour, usually. Unless you have lots of experience or come from a specific clinic (a contagion type of clinic with a good reputation).

Well..for me...(info for the newb)..I was in the Air Force, F-15 Crew Chief, and then got out and lived in Japan for 7.5 years, got married twice, had too many jobs....such as a bartender, a slut, a kareoke Bar assistant manager, a junkyard scrapper, a 2X4 Canadian House Builder, English Teacher, then came back to the states to get an education...went to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University for a few years and then screwed up my life with a damn DUI...been busting my nuts ever since to get something. Started working at small airports on small aircraft after I pushed myselft to get the FAA Airframe and Powerplant licence, and worked it up from job to job till I got hired at Sikorsky Aircraft building helicopters and getting them tested and out the door...I'm in the production hanger...which is at the top for a mechanic at the company...a few more years they'll prolly realize my real experiance level and make me a crew chief, and then I'll bank $30+ an hour. yeaa...I'm at $25.20 an hour right now.

And sadly...not too many people are doing what I do...so I have to work more...but make more money...when 9-11 happened...I was at $18 an hour...and in 4 years...up to $25....at this rate...maybe in another 2-5 years..I'll get more...just because my breed of a person is getting scarce. Everyone nowadays wants desk jobs or easy money jobs with no education. HVAC guys in the union will make more than me just installing simple ducting in new buildings....but they have to either freeze their ass of in a bare wallless building in the winter, or a sweltering hot building cuz they haven't got the AC system installed yet in the summer....

As for my job...I have no real worries...I'm fully insured...medical, dental, and even a group rate on car insurance are covered, company matched 401K, pension after five years, and a shitload of other sweet beni's.

I would suggest....go to your local airport...talk to the owner of the maintenance facility, and ask if you can watch and ask questions and hang around them while they work on planes....Just to see if your kinda interested in the aviational career feild. I was in the Civil Air Patrol since I was 12 years old...so I was always around the planes, and My dad also owned a Napa Store with a machine shop...so I grew up around parts and engines.....those two things formed my life....Plus my dad was also the regional Search and Rescue Cordinator, and also in the CAP, so thats where I also picked up the bad habit of always trying to help anyone that I can. I guess thats why I post too much about the things thats fucked up in my life or the shit that I've gone thru....just so others might read it, and learn from my damn mistakes......

And back on topic....Hondas Suck. (the money out of your wallet)

Old Datsun Z's are Cheaper and sexier to fix up. :wink:

2X4 Frame house Construction for a company called Canadian House...all the wood and materials came from Canada. :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
2X4 Frame house Construction for a company called Canadian House...all the wood and materials came from Canada. :wink:

Most good materials come from canada. Well atleast here in Washington, we get about 60% of all raw materials from there.

wtf is a phleobotomist?

isn't that what they used to give to insane people back in the day removing part of their brain?

so this is a brain surgen who isn't acidic or a base?

get it... ph....

bah, i thought it was funny..

I only make 35K a year, and you can ask Clayton, I work WAYYYYYY to much. I put in an average of 80 hours a week. After leaving that job, I deliver pizzas for some extra cash, and once in a while do odd jobs at this flower shop (ie pick up bulk packages, do deliveries, organize their inventory, etc...). If I wasn't helping my mom pay her bills, I wouldn't have to work the other 2 jobs.

I pay 615 for rent on a house with some roommates. Car insurance is $200 a month for a few cars, none of which run...and my cell phone is $65 a month.

I also pay HALF of my moms mortgage, which is $420, and pay her electric bill as well...another $200-$350. I buy her groceries once a month, and that sets me back between $150-$250...

If I wasn't helping my mom so much, I could live comforatably on what I make, but like it was said earlier, I have no car payments, don't have a mortgage, and my bills are minimal. I guess it's all in what you do and what you have that determines what "comforatable" is, and for each person, that is different...

Just my 2 cents...

Back