Treadmill--uhhggg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How tall are you corvetteguy78?

I'm on hiatus from the gym... have been for a while. I fucked up my arm a while back.. every time I think its headled up, I do a couple push ups and its fuxored again for a month. I don't know whats wrong with it. It's muscle related, the massage lady worked on it for a while and it got range of motion back, but it still doesn't have any strength. So, i'm just going to not use it much for a long time.

I've just been eating better mostly. I walk around a lot at work, always take the stairs, far away parking spot, shoveled all storms we've had so far (no blower)...

I haven't been under 200 since I was 19. It would be nice to be back there again.
I hate it that all of my clothes are like falling off me. Work/dress clothes are expensive and i'm an odd size with my huge neck. I can't button an 18 shirt. 18.5 chokes me. 19 is good. 19.5 is comfy.

but to get a 19.5, that's like XXXXXXL for 500 lb dudes. These shirt makers just don't make stuff that fits guys like me who, while have some fat, aren't really 'fat' if you know what I mean. I need a 19.5 with a 48" chest and 36" waist area on a 37" sleeve. 36/37 are usually too short after a few washes.

it's annoying.

I've been buying 18's in fitted and modern fits and they are still baggy as hell, and I can't button them which is fine because I don't wear ties, but the overall neck contour sometimes doesn't work.

If anyone cares, i'm like 6'0.5-6'1 ish....

my legs are pure muscle too. and pale. I hardly have any fat on my legs and they are very toned and tight. It's all on my gut and upper arms/chest area. which is the worst type of fat to have too.

I'm seeing a new chick who runs just about every day with her dog so maybe i'll end up doing some more of that. I find running boring and painful on my knees though.

try to run on your toes so your calves take the beating instead of your knees
and also make sure your toes are pointing forward when you run so you minimize stress on the knee and ankle joints

202.4 Lbs as of this morning...11 lbs total loss..I just need to be smart around this time of year....i've managed to avoid everything that people bring into work, cookies, donuts, chocolate, cakes, ...i've stayed away from it all...

I do a fat free greek yogurt with frozen fruits with no sugar added and a banana and skim milk shakes ever morning...small ,lunches like grilled chicken salads, munch on some almonds for a snack, and small dinners like grilled chicken with a small potato and some veggie or steak, lamb, small pasta portions, stuff like that....

Geez sounds like a great diet if you keep it up. Put in some complex carbs over those simple starches and you'll be there before you know it.

I've been pumping iron pretty regularly but my diet has gone to S, like usual. I'm 6'0 200 and not skinny. Beer belly for sure.

Geez sounds like a great diet if you keep it up. Put in some complex carbs over those simple starches and you'll be there before you know it.

I've been pumping iron pretty regularly but my diet has gone to S, like usual. I'm 6'0 200 and not skinny. Beer belly for sure.

Lay off the carbs if you're cutting.

Easiest way to drop body fat.

B, check out mobilitywod.com to find videos on rehab/prefab techniques. He's a physical therapist and genius.

to me... cutting out carbs doesn't make sense. I'm always going to eat carbs. It's a quick fix but not a permanent solution..i would rather include them in my diet and find ways to still eat them while still loosing weight, or maintaining my weight once i get to my goal.

it was a tough week of eating for me but i still am at 202.6 as of this morning. o to be under 200! stupid 2.7 lbs to go.

Last edited:
Cutting out carbs absolutely makes sense when you know how to do it properly.

I eat protein and fat everyday until 5th.
After 5th I eat carbs and protein.

I can still reduce my carb load while using insulin (a transport hormone) to my advantage.

I'm just converting fat to glucose in the morning for energy (ketosis) and at night, after working out, I'm using the energy from the glucose in carbs to build muscle and provide energy.

I made it through the holidays at -1. I don't eat a lot of carbs. I eat more fat than protein these days too. my meat intake is lower than it's ever been. I cook with coconut oil and have an avacado just about every day.

spot 5 is what I think i have.
Massage Therapy for Tennis Elbow, Wrist Pain

i've been to a massage lady a few times and it's helped, but it's also very expensive to see more than a few times.

IT seems to get better on its own, until i try to use it again, like in a push up. I do 2 or 3 and my arm just stiffens right back up and becomes useless again.

I think he meant 5ish.

Yes. I workout sometime between 5pm and 8pm, so I begin carb back loading around 5pm. This gives me the energy I need for workouts, without breaking down the muscle tissue that I work so hard to build. It also creates an insulin spike which is a good thing when it's controlled. I.e., all insulin is responsible for is transport/storage. When you spike insulin, the insulin carries nutrients - in this case, the amino acids that are derived from the protein that I'm eating - to the muscle. This is critical to building muscle because its giving your body what it needs at the right time.

After sleeping 8-10hrs, I'm fasted and my body has burned up that excess glucose. I am then back in ketosis by the time I wake up. Hence the reason I eat protein and fat. My body is using the fat I'm ingesting and the excess fat in my body for energy.

Cliff notes - I go to bed bloated and a fat ass. I wake up looking like an action figure (without exaggeration). It's pretty amazing.

I know that I gave you nutrition advice about 10 years ago with complex carbs which can still make sense but they've since learned that the high GI carbs like rice, pasta, bread (starches) are the most effective for carb back loading.

If you're not trying to lose weight, eat whatever amount of carbs you would to maintain. If you're trying to lose weight, cut those carbs back - and ideally do it at optimal times.

*Autocorrect on the Samsung tablet has been owning me.

201.8, so close i can almost taste it....this after eating Mexican food at Azteca last night :)

3358.jpg

After the Mexican food shit you may weight under 200

Back