Turbo build b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Right on. How do you like that boost by gear. I am getting ready to upgrade my Hondata system to the s300 with boost by gear. I would like to finally have some traction in 1st and 2nd. What boost levels are you running in each gear?

the only downfall i can see on this car is the oil return line..it should run straight down from the turbo to the oil pan,usually a 45 degree fitting in the oil pan will work.that little bend down to a 90 is going to kill that turbo.just some insight when you get it back together.

oh damn i didnt even notice that! probably wouldnt be a bad idea to try and do something else with that.. snag a moroso pan so you can just bolt in a fitting and go

Or just weld a piece of pipe into that oil pan. That oil line also needs to be WAY bigger then the one you have on there. You don't want oil backing up into your turbo. That will kill it quickly.

Right on. How do you like that boost by gear. I am getting ready to upgrade my Hondata system to the s300 with boost by gear. I would like to finally have some traction in 1st and 2nd. What boost levels are you running in each gear?

i never got a chance to get the boost by gear set up before i blew the motor. on street tires i dont think you can get the boost low enough to not spin in first and second lol. once my motor is back together ill go to the track with my tuner and he will help me dial everything in.

as far as the oil return line, just disregard that one picture, the car was never run with it like that. the return is big (cant remember what size AN fittings) and goes straight into the pan.

i never got a chance to get the boost by gear set up before i blew the motor. on street tires i dont think you can get the boost low enough to not spin in first and second lol. once my motor is back together ill go to the track with my tuner and he will help me dial everything in.

as far as the oil return line, just disregard that one picture, the car was never run with it like that. the return is big (cant remember what size AN fittings) and goes straight into the pan.

Bummer. Well when you get it running, let me know. I hope to upgrade here soon, so if I get a chance to run the boost by gear I will give a full report. Still trying to get some pics up of my build.........

Finally have an update... the block is in Cali getting Golden eagle sleeves currently :D

Im reusing my 84.5mm CP pistons since they were not damaged when the stock sleeves cracked. Beast mode here I come!

Cool, you'll have that thing kicking ass in no time........ Well I went to the dyno a couple of weeks ago and upgraded to the s300 and 1000cc injectors. About 4 pulls into the tuning I lost all oil press. Took it off the dyno and trailered it home. Turns out I lost the oil pump. Internal pump ring and gear in pieces! Only hit about 300whp when it went, but I think it was on its way out. I have been running the CTR N1 race crank pulley and it seems that it has been known to take out main bearings and oil pumps. So I ditched that for a Fluidampr ($$$) and a modified oil pump from ENDYN. So it's back to the dyno tomorrow. Let you know how it goes.

Dyno tune went very well today! Everything stayed together this time, which is always a plus. Got it back up to 384whp @ 16psi with the 91 octane, and 520whp @ 26psi on E85. That E85 is wicked and only $3.15 a gallon! Oh, and the boost by gear is soooo nice. :driver2:

Finally got my car back! its up and running and everything is good. Just need to retune so i can get into boost, and figure out why my ignition is not working. the car wont start with the keyswitch anymore for some reason... oh well i guess it could be worse. its running great and im so excited to have it back in the garage!

updates with pictures and vids will be coming soon! ready for big power now with the GE sleeves :D

tuning went well today! the motor sounds very strong and its running well. decided to keep it conservative for now with the redline at 8400 and 11lbs of boost. it made 330whp on a Mustang dyno that reads notoriously low. had only one minor problem, on the last run it threw the alternator belt at about 7500 rpms. found out i have the wrong bracket and the alt isnt sitting quite right. but hey, if thats my biggest problem, im happy!

HPlogicdyno001.jpg

HPlogicdyno006.jpg

got one decent video..

also got my first ever rolling shot! thanks to kenny, my tuner.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Last edited:
330whp on a mustang dyno is damn good. What fuel are you running? My evo makes only 366whp on a mustang dyno on E85. Good work!

its just on 93 octane pump gas. we thought that was pretty good for only 11 lbs of boost. its seems to be a very efficient setup :D im so stoked, the car sounds like a monster in person.

Ya, that is impressive. I needed to run 26psi of boost to reach 366 on the evo.. lol

I bet it pulls pretty nice too! What kind of torque are you making? do you have the dyno sheet?

i think it made like 225ft/lbs if i remember right. i didnt realize it until after the fact, the one print-out they gave me was of the run when the alternator belt messed up and he lifted early. but ill see if i can get it up anyways... gimme a few.

thanks guys!

after looking at it again, im not sure what run this graph is from but it wasnt the best one of the day thats for sure. looks like it was one of the earlier pulls before he got the tune just right up top. gives you an idea though. also, it was at least 100 degrees in the shop and south florida humid of course.

HPlogicdynosheet003.jpg

Back